Search
Like Tree2Likes

Alex Racing Stinger

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Hay all you Stinger drivers.

It's a bit quiet here... Haven't any off you been out racing or tried somethin new?

Well I have some news.
Been out racing a lot lately så I have been able to try some things. And I have found a standers set-up, that work OK at almost all the indoor carpet tracks I've been racing at these past months.
This weekend i gave me a 4. place finnish. But No podium finnishes since the end of january, sadle.. But I'm still trying...

The set-up I have been using is as follows:
Front:
Spring 1,4-5,75
Oil 40wt
Secound outer hole on damperstay, and outer on the arm
3 degree caster
1 degree toe-out
1,5 degree camber
1,4mm anti-roll bar
Downstop 2,5 (mesiured under the tap for the screw for the hingpin)

Rear:
Spring 1,4-5,75
Oil 40wt
Secound outer hole on damper stay, and outer on the arm
2 degree toe-in
2 degree camber
Downstop 3

The rest is as standard.
Also using different bodies and tireadd. for ajusting tracktion.

Let me here if you have tried anything else that works for You.

This weekend the 3 Danish Stingers are going to Norway to partisipate in the Nordic Winter race, in the Super Stock 19T class. We hope for at respectele result...

Cheers
Nicolai
Old 03-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi!

My Stinger lives in a cardbox under my desk at the moment.. and the reason for that is the lack of parts.. Broken rear diff, and my suplier takes forever responding to my mails.. the result... se my signature...
Old 03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BugFreak
Hi!

My Stinger lives in a cardbox under my desk at the moment.. and the reason for that is the lack of parts.. Broken rear diff, and my suplier takes forever responding to my mails.. the result... se my signature...
BugFreak, your my black consions

Part situation has improved.. long story won't bother you with it here.
Let me know if you want your stinger back out on the track.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, seems quiet here

Will be posting couple of photos of my Stinger later today. Hopefully will have time to hit the track this week

Regards from Malta
Old 03-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Here it is

Old 04-11-2006, 01:07 PM

Default Stinger & R3 Parts...Where??

Hey Alex drivers, where do you guys (and girls) typically shop for parts for your R3 and Stinger. Any North American online stores??

Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-14-2006, 03:13 PM
sbs
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC Infusion.com
Hey Alex drivers, where do you guys (and girls) typically shop for parts for your R3 and Stinger. Any North American online stores??

Thanks,
Rob
www.A-RC.dk
Old 04-14-2006, 03:22 PM
sbs
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dhiracing.com
Here it is

Have you Stinger been to close to a HPI !!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 AM

Default Barracuda & Stinger Parts

Thanks for the info Soren, if anyone needs parts closer to home on this side of the pond, I carry Barracuda R3 and soon to be added Stinger parts.
Regards, Rob
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Summer is comming... tarmac-racing... YES!

Hey there fellow ARD-racers.

Well on friday I'm gona be racing/practicing with my Stinger for the first time out doors.

So I'm looking for some ideas for the set-up. My starting point is the set-up from some nine posts above.
What is Your oppinion on the car an asphalt/tarmac (it's the same - right ).
Let me here your wiev...
Old 04-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Summer season just started...

Hey...

Yesterday we started the outdoor season here in DK.
The first race was at, perhaps, the largest track we have here in DK, the track in Neastved, for those of you who might know it.
with a lengt of about 240 to 250 meters it not all that fun to race with at Stock-motor, but we had are prety tight race, behind the winner..
His avg. laptime was most of the day, a few 1/10s faster then my fastest laptime....

My preperation for this race hadn't been all that great.
Havent been out racing or pratecing for 3 weeks, then 4 batts pratice friday an then the race yesterday.

But I had a faily day. My brOOd powered Stinger took the 4. place in the Q.
4 drivers were within a secound, including me...

The race was wery tight. The winner, just went of after 2 or 3 laps, and then the rest of us battled it out.
I was a bit unlucky in the two first finels, been hit from the behind during the first laps, putting me down the line.
The Stinger was realy fast in the first 3 to 4 min. then loosing a little speed for the last minute or so.
I didn't manege to find the right set-up either so I was driving rather safe in the to firts finals. The car had a tendensy to slide af I was just a bit too agresive.
For the final round I made a few changes to both the front and the rear. Had to try something... Was aiming for some more steering but also slightly more tracktion to the rear.
I got the last...
Was ecspectating a understeer in the first coorner af the start, but in steed it just turned in - to my surprise.
I went inside the coorner, over the gras, and out on the track again, hitting someone already "parked" the wrong way. This mess put me down on 6. place in the 8 man large final. I got back up, but after 2 or 3 laps the car started to understeer. From there it was realy hard to overtake. belive I ended 5.

Totaly it gave me the 6. place overall. An OK result but I'm not Very happy about it. Looking forward to some more time finding a better setup for the car.
Do you have any ideas plece send them my way.

I found one great thing on the Stinger.
On asphalt its a great starter!!!
Together with my great Team brOOd motors and batteries, KO VFS-1 Alex Racing ESC, it gave me some great starts, being alongside nr. 3 half way down the starting straigt.
Unfortunatly the car and I was not able to do the rest.

But I'm looking forward to a hopefully great summer, with a lot of great racing.

Se you on the tracks
Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 PM
sbs
Tech Apprentice

Wink Interaktiv PDF setup sheet

Hi Stinger drivers

I my have some good news for you

With in a very short time I will have a Stinger Interaktiv PDF setup sheet reedy
Old 05-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Alex Racing R3 or Stinger?

Hey Fellas,

At our local track a lot of guys race FT TC4's, Xray's and Pro 4's...I myself drive a Pro4 and love it. However, the R3 and stinger are very, interesting. Should I give it a shot? Has anyone here driven tc4's or pro4, and then switched to r3 or stinger and compare the cars? Please help me decide...It seems like a nice kit, and it should be great for asphalt mod racing...thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 12:32 PM
sbs
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Hey Fellas,

At our local track a lot of guys race FT TC4's, Xray's and Pro 4's...I myself drive a Pro4 and love it. However, the R3 and stinger are very, interesting. Should I give it a shot? Has anyone here driven tc4's or pro4, and then switched to r3 or stinger and compare the cars? Please help me decide...It seems like a nice kit, and it should be great for asphalt mod racing...thanks
I have drived the "Cuda" R3 before, go bay a Stinger it a better car to set-up and drive ,
as one of my team drivers in The Low Flying Fish Team say it's just "Plug & Play"
Old 05-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Alex Racing Stinger

Great- but where do I get one? do they have a website to see more of the car? What about parts ordering- need somewhere to get the parts...thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.