Finally completed the first test on the Stinger. Good news and bad news we have found. Start with the bad first. The drivetrain is a bit heavy. With standard set up on foam tyres, 3300 batteries, modified motor, it weigh slighty over 1600gram at our local track. Therefore we went ahead and removed the centre stiffener, change to titanium screw and turnbuckle, aluminium dogbones. still the car weigh 1550gram. With this weight, the car seem to lack the punch the Barracuda (fully hopup including aluminium dogbones, titanium axles, ceramic diff balls) have out of the corner
. We found that to reduce the weight further a hopup diff out drives of either lightweight alloy or delrin will need to be upgrade.
Now onto the good news, the car handles superbly, as well it carries speed around turn very well. On or off throttle turn in is great. The standard setup is great and a small upgrade of sway bar really made the car sit well on the track. Good news for guys running foam for carpet. The car will accept 30mm rear tyres, so not more cutting. The car is really stiff and strong. We can a little crash test
(by accident of course) and the car handled it really well.
Overall it was good, hopefully will have some setups available soon. The car have so much potential that is still waiting to be exploded. Looking forward to the 2nd running of the car this weekend