Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct
what body is this and how do i get it to south africa? will it fit a gt2?

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/GT8-Body-P1L_p_448.html#
Check out their website link and ask where would be closes distributor to you.

Sweep P1L design for GT1 or GT2 in how far you cut the wheel base according to your chassis. You can see my picture and chassis is GT2.
I also have it on my Serpent GTE in GT1 Wheel base.

Last edited by machgo5go; 08-21-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by machgo5go

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/GT8-Body-P1L_p_448.html#
Check out their website link and ask where would be closes distributor to you.

Sweep P1L design for GT1 or GT2 in how far you cut the wheel base according to your chassis. You can see my picture and chassis is GT2.
I also have it on my Serpent GTE in GT1 Wheel base.
Awesome man!!!! thanks...hope they ship to SA
Old 08-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome man!!!! thanks...hope they ship to SA
John Lee is nice guy who manage Sweeps USA so he will send you to the right direction.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Since my GT2 VE is running great, always look for the edge in little more.
In suspension upgrade after SNR Graphite Shock Towers and Dragon Light weight chassis, now I am interest in these GPM's Aluminum Shock set in replacement stock Kyoshos. Anyone have any input in GPM's quality and performance on their products??
Old 08-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Since my GT2 VE is running great, always look for the edge in little more.
In suspension upgrade after SNR Graphite Shock Towers and Dragon Light weight chassis, now I am interest in these GPM's Aluminum Shock set in replacement stock Kyoshos. Anyone have any input in GPM's quality and performance on their products??
LMAO i was just about to ask about shock towers and that very shocks and maybe suspension holders
Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

LMAO i was just about to ask about shock towers and that very shocks and maybe suspension holders
Well Seller claim it is made by GPM but GPM HK replied:
These dampers are not made by us.
We have our damper design different, enclosed you some photos as reference.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

There's nothing really wrong with the factory plastic shocks.
Aluminum adds to your chassis' weight, seek increased handling and car performance somewhere else. Hope it helps, good luck
Old 08-29-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jspeed
There's nothing really wrong with the factory plastic shocks.
Aluminum adds to your chassis' weight, seek increased handling and car performance somewhere else. Hope it helps, good luck
You are absolutely right!
To me there is nothing wrong with Factory plastic shocks
which I am really happy lately how this car transform to on track performance.
I was just curious so that is which I am asking since no one want to spend more $ on something without feedbacks.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

You are absolutely right!
To me there is nothing wrong with Factory plastic shocks
which I am really happy lately how this car transform to on track performance.
I was just curious so that is which I am asking since no one want to spend more $ on something without feedbacks.

Those shocks have been around for at least the past 7 years, they were shiny but that’s about it, couldn’t find rebuild kits for them, so I tossed them and went back to the stock Kyosho plastic shocks.

Even had the Kyosho optional metal GT shocks, much nicer build quality, plenty replacement parts, but the increase in weight over the plastic made it a no brainer to switch back.

If you want to gain an advantage in GT track racing, you need to be willing to try different things that everyone else at the track swears against.

Most track racer guys blindly follow what they think the "big pro’s" (who shouldn’t even be racing in the GT class) are using.

Pro drivers will always beat you on the track. They have excellent driver talent, but its more than that, they have access to stuff you don’t.

They can afford to use new stuff in every qualifier against you because they get it all for free and some of the stuff is totally custom made for or by them.

Just remember this….. the goal of every factory supported driver is to get you to buy or to continue to buy the products they’re getting for free.

Keep that in mind next time a factory guy comes to your track and whips everyone’s butt.
Hope it helps.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone drilled additional holes in the brass piston and gone with heavier oil? What size and how many would you add?
I am thinking of trying to add a hole opposite the open side in the 1.3 range and going with about 1200 oil. What do you think?
Old 09-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Guys i came across something strange.....i decided to rip my Gt2 nitro racespec apart and use a e conversion from my kyosho buggy (mp777 sp1) including the single speed diff....but the front shaft was to short (90mm) tried the rear shaft to long (120mm)......need a shaft (dogbone) that doesnt seem to exist (110mm) only hpi and JQ make.....WTF? any ideas why?

Last edited by Reaper1ct; 09-03-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Guys is it just me or is a hobbywing 2250kv on 25/46 slow? is 4s to little for this cars or do i need to gear more? please help me here? or should i just go 5s/6s???? I want this to at least be as fast as a 1/10 13.5 boosted car
Old 09-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Guys is it just me or is a hobbywing 2250kv on 25/46 slow? is 4s to little for this cars or do i need to gear more? please help me here? or should i just go 5s/6s???? I want this to at least be as fast as a 1/10 13.5 boosted car
Just go 6s and you ll get 16.000rpm more on your motor.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by koval
Just go 6s and you ll get 16.000rpm more on your motor.
I just suggested to him to contact you from over on the nitro side. He wants to go fast with his electric Kyosho IGT!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply guys.....but 6s was really my last ditch thing....i wanna run this against the nitro cars but im just getting no where with the 4s....what else is left besides the costly 6s route? is 4s on a open track just not gonna cut it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.