Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I've been searching for a Inferno GT2 VE Spec topic for quite a while.
I bought this great car some time ago and it's my first one. As a matter of fact, I'm quite new to RC car too so I'm eagerly seeking for advice on the Inferno and in general too.

I've been toying with the GT2 for some month and I think it's a good time to begin to upgrade it, but well, dont really know from where to begin.
From what I saw on the internet it seems like there quite a lot of stuff I can add/replace on it to make it more effective but I really need help and feedback to not make any mistakes.

I already added some anti-roll bar but everything else is stock...I beg for help
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you could go carbon fiber chassis and plenty of other parts but if your just bashing it dunno if it would be worth it . what type of motor/esc and servo are you running ? if they are RTR you could upgrade those and notice differnce in speed for sure . can change out the tires as stock kyosho rubber is garbage so Ive heard . havnt really looked at many other aftermarket parts but im sure whatever fits the GT1 nitro version can swap over to GT2 also except for like servo or radio tray as those are ment for extra servos and what not
Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the answer FloJo.

Well, it's easy, all is stock right now on my car, so the motor/controler is a...Let me take back the official stuff : Team Orion Brushless System : Vortex R8 Splash Proof(Compatible up to 4S Li-Po /
Water Resistant) ESC(Constant/Peak Amp : 130A / 760A) and Votex 8 / 4 pole / 2000KV
Brushless Motor. ESC has heat and safe protection.

As i'm quite new in RC, the choice of motor is maybe the most difficult thing for me. Even if I understand the principle, there's so many kind of it that i'm quite lost.

As for all the others possible upgrade, hey...Let's be honest, i'm french and in france there's virtually nothing for the GT2 and I don't know which website to choose to buy upgrades, if you can advice me on that i'll be glad

Fort he tires I saw that speedline one seems good, i'll check on that.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anyone running the big bore shocks on this yet, or are the 1.4mm springs toooo soft for on road. stock springs for stock shocks are 2.2mm i think
Old 03-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

here mine with the audi body.. ive been sick with the flu, and then a tooth extraction! so been "slowly" working on tuning her up. Have all the kyosho option parts to install, and need to redo the cvds, diffs etc etc etc.. will post more pics soon. This car is a dream to race. though it needs a lot of work outta the box..
Attached Thumbnails The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread-img_0274.jpg   The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread-img_0276.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

looks nice , almost looks like a gunmetal color I was gonnna do at first . I like the way you did those lights . If you get a chance maybe a pic of both sides of lights and prob under the shell also ..
Old 04-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry guys,

Looks like this is even better thread to post my question...

My car is converted Inferno GT2 with Tekin RX8 + tekin motor, centre diff...
Will try to explain...

When I pull throttle not smooth, kind of full throttle when car still,
first I hear what looks like gears clacking, clink... Like metal clacking... Don't know right word... till it gets to speed...
The same when car moves slowly and I want to give it full throttle... Like after turn you want to give full throttle... But first like this metal sound like gears engaging... Or slipping first than engaging...
Kind of something is slipping...
When I pull throttle smoothly it does not happen.What can it be? rear diff gives up? Not shimmed properly?

Thanks in advance...

here is my conversion...
Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

maybe check your drive shafts , or could be the diffs
havnt really messed with mine yet still new in the box only one run on it
Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi there!

I just got my Inferno GT2 VE RS out for the first time on a parking lot.

Stock gearing, 4s.

I have the Audi R8 body and the front part of the body starts to vibrate quite a bit, even hitting the ground with the front spoiler lip- even though I have quite some ground clearence.

Reducing the speed and the vibration will stop...

Any input?

The vibration is only at "high" speeds- I reached around 37mph with that gearing.

The body is quite soft in the front

There are NO vent holes in the body yet, all stock so far.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FLoJo
Just beautiful!!

What are you using to glue the Lexan parts, like the front / rear lights?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2012RCTECH
Hi there!

I just got my Inferno GT2 VE RS out for the first time on a parking lot.

Stock gearing, 4s.

I have the Audi R8 body and the front part of the body starts to vibrate quite a bit, even hitting the ground with the front spoiler lip- even though I have quite some ground clearence.

Reducing the speed and the vibration will stop...

Any input?

The vibration is only at "high" speeds- I reached around 37mph with that gearing.

The body is quite soft in the front

There are NO vent holes in the body yet, all stock so far.
this is a super easy fix. You need to take some foam and glue it to the front bumper so that it touches either the front of the body or the hood. No more vibration. the problem with these kyosho bodies is that the nose extends way past the front bumper. Also, shim the entire car, there is a lot of vibration in this out of the box (diffs, hubs, driveshafts, dogbones etc etc). You can make this is race winner if you put the time into it. Ill post some pictures soon, just been extremely busy.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by aquaanox
this is a super easy fix. You need to take some foam and glue it to the front bumper so that it touches either the front of the body or the hood. No more vibration. the problem with these kyosho bodies is that the nose extends way past the front bumper. Also, shim the entire car, there is a lot of vibration in this out of the box (diffs, hubs, driveshafts, dogbones etc etc). You can make this is race winner if you put the time into it. Ill post some pictures soon, just been extremely busy.
Thanks for your very quick response!!

More details + pics would be great

Like, what foam your are using + what kind of glue...

Many thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Just beautiful!!

What are you using to glue the Lexan parts, like the front / rear lights?
thanks , my friend has same one and it looks very nice in a red white and black race scheme . I believe I just used the supplied double sided foam that came in the box . I have only gotten to run it once and put it back in the box . I think I am going to be swapping out the stock RTR motor system after seein my friends car on a tekin 2250 system on 4s , took off like a bat outta hell . It made my GTP2 with a mamba 2650 on 4S look slow for some reason lol
Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If u can find a db8 bumper it should fit. Just need a little bit more foams at center

Mine I just use an old bumper to shape d front end of an r8 and glue it to d stock bumper. I use tire glue since Thats d only thing I have

Check amainshobbies, igthobbies, infernos only or absolutehobbyz

Many thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Many thanks!
just some foam from a pelican case, glued with a little goop! it works. ill try to get pics up tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.