R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Does a company make foam tires for these things? Would like to try them out.
Dragonfueled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #287
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbagel423 View Post
No the front/rear and center diff ratios. I got a roller that was converted from nitro so it currently has the high-speed spur from the 2-speed instead of a center diff. But I'll probably change that in the future.
The internal diff ratio for this car is 3.30.

Last edited by tc4basher; 03-01-2016 at 10:43 AM.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:16 AM   #288
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfueled View Post
Does a company make foam tires for these things? Would like to try them out.
BSR Racing makes some 17mm buggy foams for this car.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:10 AM   #289
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looking to do something different. I've got my GT2 dialed now and I've grown kinda bored with going up and down the street at high speeds. Is there any way to convert this car into a truggy of some sort? Looks like the psycho kruiser might share a lot of the same parts. Just curious....
omgbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #290
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgbilly View Post
Looking to do something different. I've got my GT2 dialed now and I've grown kinda bored with going up and down the street at high speeds. Is there any way to convert this car into a truggy of some sort? Looks like the psycho kruiser might share a lot of the same parts. Just curious....
Should be able use the taller shock towers and longer shocks from other cars in the Inferno line like MP777 or MP9 buggies.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #291
Tech Apprentice

Hey all. Just ordered a GT2 VE Race Spec Electric and I look forward to running/tuning and maybe a bit of racing. I read through this thread and contains a lot of useful info. Ordered some GRP's, universal drives and a clear 458 body. Going to stick with the stock electronics/gears and run 4S for now. I realize this thread isn't very active, but I figured there may be a few of you guys who might still follow it. Glad to be aboard and looking forward to getting the model!
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #292
Tech Regular

Anyone experience a very darty car. Mine is hard to keep straight at speed, any little steering input makes it dart in that direction. Almost like it's got super front traction. I don't remember it doing this but not sure.
I'm gonna reduce some rear toe as I've had similar issues running off-road vehicles for on road. The rear toe in made it twitchy for some reason
Mine is box stock with grp s3 slicks.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #293
Tech Addict

Quote:
Anyone experience a very darty car. Mine is hard to keep straight at speed, any little steering input makes it dart in that direction. Almost like it's got super front traction. I don't remember it doing this but not sure.
I'm gonna reduce some rear toe as I've had similar issues running off-road vehicles for on road. The rear toe in made it twitchy for some reason
Mine is box stock with grp s3 slicks.
You tried turning down your steering dual rate?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #294
Tech Regular

Yeah I did, it's just super sensitive to any steering input at speed. It actually hard to keep straight cause you try to correct it and it just darts in that direction. It's a pretty new car so no wear or anything. Seems worse with ipenena warrior body.
Only thing I can think of is it doesn't like the stock 3 degrees of rear toe. But then again I assume no one else's does it.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #295
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yeah I did, it's just super sensitive to any steering input at speed. It actually hard to keep straight cause you try to correct it and it just darts in that direction. It's a pretty new car so no wear or anything. Seems worse with ipenena warrior body.
Only thing I can think of is it doesn't like the stock 3 degrees of rear toe. But then again I assume no one else's does it.
Mine went pretty straight with the stock 3 degrees rear toe. Its now at 2 degrees. I usually turn my dual rate so low that it does about 20 ft u turns. I find this is the perfect amount of steering for straight line. I've had mine up to 133 mph on 6s.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #296
Tech Regular

Yeah see I think mine was fine also. Not sure what changed. I'm usually really good at this lol.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Check your front toe. What you're describing sounds like you have some front toe in. I like to run 1/2 degree of toe out in the front. Also check your expo on the radio, might be positive. Could also be your servo is fast, steering linkage setup, lot's of things.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #298
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
Check your front toe. What you're describing sounds like you have some front toe in. I like to run 1/2 degree of toe out in the front. Also check your expo on the radio, might be positive. Could also be your servo is fast, steering linkage setup, lot's of things.

Finally got it sorted.
Front toe wAs a little in so made it 1 degree out. Found a bent hinge pin that was throwing off the rear toe.
And yes my expo was reversed lol I kept thinking the other way around. Tried it last night and it's good
Old 03-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #299
Tech Addict

Lightbulb

Hi Guys!

Just a little head's-up on something new!

It's been a long time since Protoform Race Bodies turned it's attention to the 1/8th GT class. We'll have a big announcement at the end of the month. It's the first ever Protoform GT2 body. It fits all the criteria laid out in the ROAR body rules for the class. We did the GT2 length body first because it's easier to license than the shorter GT1. (a little less wonky looking) The shorter GT1 version will be available within a couple months.

This body is very realistic and totally functional. I hope you guys like it!

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROAR GT8 body rules:
E) • Bodies must be factory licensed replicas of the aforementioned street or race cars, but no “race-only” bodies are permitted. Bodies based on Daytona Prototypes, or the odd Super GT cars that are not representative of a commonly available street car, are not permitted.
F) Bodies must include full front and rear fascia’s, and conform to the rules herein that limit openings in the body for the purposes of re-fueling, starting, engine tuning, and antenna holes
G) Bodies must be fully detailed in order to compete in ROAR competition. The body must have visible window, body panel and trim markings, and the windows must be mostly clear. Some intrusion for creative painting purposes and tinting is permitted, but the windows must be transparent. Bodies must have headlight and grill detail.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #300
Tech Regular

Awesome post a pic when it's possible

Tags
gt2 ve, igt2, inferno gt2 ve, kyosho