R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #226
C@T
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1ct View Post
Thanks for the reply guys.....but 6s was really my last ditch thing....i wanna run this against the nitro cars but im just getting no where with the 4s....what else is left besides the costly 6s route? is 4s on a open track just not gonna cut it?
If you want to compete with the nitro cars there is no way around 6s.

Using a 2250kv Motor with 6s will take it up to the rev limit. Also the iron losses will create extra heat at high revs, causing an additional problem.

2000 to 2100 is ideal for 6s.

YouŽll need 5000 mAh + for a runntime around 10 minutes. More is better, but gets to heavy.

I would use two small 6s packs (2650 mAh) and run them in parallel.

Example: Turnigy nano-tech 2650mAh 6S 35~70C Lipo Pack.

They are relatively cheap, and running them in parallel will give you the c-rate you need.
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #227
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dimension for Battery tray

Hi guys, need some help. I have just ordered the conversion kit for my GT2. I am now in the process of ordering some batteries while my conversion kit is still 2 weeks from reaching me. Could someone pls measure the dimensions of the battery tray in terms of it's length and width so that I can order the battery of the correct fitting. I am thinking of using a single 4S battery. Thank you!
Supa_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #228
Tech Adept

from what i experienced using two high quality 2s packs to run 4s,.....its just not fast enough....it felt about as fast as a 17.5 blinky mode 1/10 touring car....in 1/8 its just not enough....5s or 6s is your only real option. I just want to stress that i am by no means a speed chaser but for me you need a certain amount of thrill. on 4s i have had 1/14 scales much much faster
Reaper1ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #229
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@T View Post
If you want to compete with the nitro cars there is no way around 6s.

Using a 2250kv Motor with 6s will take it up to the rev limit. Also the iron losses will create extra heat at high revs, causing an additional problems

2000 to 2100 is ideal for 6s.

YouŽll need 5000 mAh + for a runntime around 10 minutes. More is better, but gets to heavy.

I would use two small 6s packs (2650 mAh) and run them in parallel.

Example: Turnigy nano-tech 2650mAh 6S 35~70C Lipo Pack.

They are relatively cheap, and running them in parallel will give you the c-rate you need.
Thanks for the idea bud....

I looked around and cant seem to get two 6s lipos cheap....so i will have to get locally. unfortunately, in south africa we no longer buy from hobbyking because there are a few 100 parcels that didnt arrive and was returned to sender but hobbyking dont care......they have just dis-guarded there faithful customers and thats it.....so hobbyking wont be a option for me any longer
Old 09-16-2014, 01:31 AM   #230
C@T
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks for the idea bud....

I looked around and cant seem to get two 6s lipos cheap....so i will have to get locally. unfortunately, in south africa we no longer buy from hobbyking because there are a few 100 parcels that didnt arrive and was returned to sender but hobbyking dont care......they have just dis-guarded there faithful customers and thats it.....so hobbyking wont be a option for me any longer
ThatŽs to bad that you can not buy from Hobbyking.

So the running two batteries in parallel concept is even more interesting for you, as you can use two low c-rate packs.

The only Thing you need to make shure is that the combined c-rate (duration) is above 50c.

Anything below 40c is critical and will lead to overheating and redused livetime of the packs.
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:06 AM   #231
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks for the reply guys.....but 6s was really my last ditch thing....i wanna run this against the nitro cars but im just getting no where with the 4s....what else is left besides the costly 6s route? is 4s on a open track just not gonna cut it?
The only way to run fast with 4s is a powerfull motor such as neu 1521 or 1524 around 1800kv with a huge pinion gear 30t or more .
You can also try to gear up your own motor but be careful overheating!
Your motor is not power enough to handle overgearing and this will cause high temperatures on your stators if you overdoing.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:22 AM   #232
Tech Adept

This was my old 6S set up with Castle in chasing speed run.
I can not imagine use this an actual track condition like our hobby shop is running now since it is just raw power that hard to get linear control in tight corners.
Inferno GT2 VE Sweep PL1 Hobbywing XERUN w/2200KV - 4S. VE Audi R8 LMS Tekin RX8 Gen2 w/2650KV - 4S. AE TC6.1 SP Audi TC Tekin RS Gen2 w/8.5. TT-01E Audi R8 Hobby Wing 21.5T. TT-02 NSX-GT Hobby Wing 13.5T. DF-01 Porsche Cayenne 23T B.
MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " 214 State st Suite 209 Hackensack, NJ 07601:201-820-1347
Racing: FRIDAY Mini Z Indoor/SATURDAY 1/8 & 1/10 VE Outdoor.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #233
Tech Adept

sigh this is becoming a tough one....I'm torn on what to do now.....when I ran the motor it was still luke warm on the 25t/46t setup and she seemed to peak a bit early but I definitely wasn't happy with speed.....so it sounds like 6s pack is my option....I do want to look at another motor but I discovered today that the post office is striking by us.....how fun.....o well. guess I'm gonna have to wait and see what I eventually come up with. I'm going to convert my kyosho 777 sp1 to a nitro using my gt2 2 speed, and nitro motor and odds and ends
Old 09-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #234
Tech Adept

ok got me a gensace 5000 45c......

also found another problem......seems like the hobbywing esc needs a ubec....
Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #235
Tech Adept

This is what I race with on our weekend park lot layout.
Plenty of Power!
Inferno GT2 VE Sweep PL1 Hobbywing XERUN w/2200KV - 4S. VE Audi R8 LMS Tekin RX8 Gen2 w/2650KV - 4S. AE TC6.1 SP Audi TC Tekin RS Gen2 w/8.5. TT-01E Audi R8 Hobby Wing 21.5T. TT-02 NSX-GT Hobby Wing 13.5T. DF-01 Porsche Cayenne 23T B.
MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " 214 State st Suite 209 Hackensack, NJ 07601:201-820-1347
Racing: FRIDAY Mini Z Indoor/SATURDAY 1/8 & 1/10 VE Outdoor.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:59 AM   #236
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa_Mario View Post
Hi guys, need some help. I have just ordered the conversion kit for my GT2. I am now in the process of ordering some batteries while my conversion kit is still 2 weeks from reaching me. Could someone pls measure the dimensions of the battery tray in terms of it's length and width so that I can order the battery of the correct fitting. I am thinking of using a single 4S battery. Thank you!
Guys, with regards to what I asked a few days ago, can someone pls measure the battery tray and let me know the measurement? It'll be of a great help when I'm ordering my batteries.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #237
Tech Adept

Quote:
Guys, with regards to what I asked a few days ago, can someone pls measure the battery tray and let me know the measurement? It'll be of a great help when I'm ordering my batteries.
gonna be busy on mine today bud, I will try to remember and post it for you
Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #238
Tech Adept

Default Front Drive Shaft Too Short

Hi there, I am currently in the process of converting my GT2 to electric and came across an issue with the front drive shaft. I realize that the drive shaft's length is 94mm and it's way too short. Looks like a 110mm drive shaft would fit just fine. For those with the electric version, what front drive shaft are you'll using? Any reason why mine doesn't fit? Btw, I'm using the single speed differential.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #239
Tech Adept

had the same issue mario.......do yourself a favour and order the gt2 ve shafts....it fits.....its 95mm pin to pin

i had a issue with my car this weekend, the esc burst into flames ...no reason why....Tekin RX8 bye bye ....
Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #240
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hi there, I am currently in the process of converting my GT2 to electric and came across an issue with the front drive shaft. I realize that the drive shaft's length is 94mm and it's way too short. Looks like a 110mm drive shaft would fit just fine. For those with the electric version, what front drive shaft are you'll using? Any reason why mine doesn't fit? Btw, I'm using the single speed differential.
Just replace the front driveshaft with the front one of the gt2 ve ,the nitro gt2 use a shorter driveshaft because of the 2 speed transmitionor, or just add inside of each drive cup one plastic or silicone ring and the backslash of the dogbone will disapear ,both will wotk just fine.

Tags
gt2 ve, igt2, inferno gt2 ve, kyosho