Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
spintec I.C.C charger >

spintec I.C.C charger

spintec I.C.C charger

Old 07-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

will the ICC have esentially a battery manager built in? So would it be possible to throw on a set of batteries, have it discharge them using the baterry manager software, then equalize them, and recharge them? or at least act as the equalizer tray before charging.

Actaully, if this does charge individually, would you need to put them on a tray after using the battery manager?
Old 07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

any guess what will be the us price.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

my guess is $450-$550 since there are so many things that can be considered "new" on this charger. Hopefully my guess is WAY too steep. and erik is nice and make it affordable for us small time racers too.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

I think that's a reasonable guess. Maybe a little higher, as someone who supposedly is getting one of the test models told me that the charger will indeed have the equivalent of the BatMan built into it. That's fine for me, because living with just one isn't easy because of the time it takes to discharge the batts.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

With a charger like this, you do not have to worry about over charging any of the cells like the other 'normal' chargers on the market do.
Thus matching cells will no longer be an issue as long as you stop running the car the moment it feels flat.

We aredi got the BM and EQ trays to bring all the cells down to the same level on discharge cycle, now what we need is a charger that'll bring all the cells up to the same level on charge cycle.

Judging what wonderful things, Individual Cell Charging is doing for the 8 AA cells in my Transmitter, I can only imagine what the ICC charger will do for racing packs.

.....eagerly awaiting !
Old 07-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fatbear
I have just seen on your website that you have appointed Quick Time Racing as the New Zealand Distributor. To me this is an unbelievable decision. It is not even a hobby shop or distibutor of any kind. It is just 1 guy that has a website and no products. He doesn't sell anything to anyone and has no distributor network through New Zealand. You would have been far better served to appoint one of the few decent hobby shops in the country that have good patronage and other products to sell.
I hope I am not coming down to harshly here but it really dissapoints me when I see some of these backyard guys here in New Zealand getting a good distibutorship for what will be a great product and then doing nothing with it.
I'll be very careful of what you are talking about Darren, i remember long time ago going to Murray McDonalds farm getting parts for my R/C car, so don't you go talking about backyard one man band to me, let's go all the way to Taranaki to a person called Kerry Waters(Demon Racing) he's been selling YOKOMO from his house for over 10 years, the distributors of X-ray and Serpent started off small too, and Stephen Li from Speedi Models has always been a one man band, how do you know philips not selling any products?? don't go saying things that you are not sure of, just because a person decides not to advertise his presence doesn't mean he has no support from customers, if you don't have any hard evidence about Quick Time Racing i suggest you keep your opinions to yourself, HOW MANY PEOPLE USE BMI IN NEW ZEALAND?? Just think about how many people in New Zealand started off small and ended up where they are now.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

This is sortof irrelevant, but hey ghostfit, about your 8 AAs do you need "special cells" to do this with?

If not, you got a link to that charger of yours? i am interested in what it can do for my 8 AAs!

And yes,... I am picking up every penny for this charger... eagarly anticipating *drool*... *drool*.....
Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 AM
GTT
Tech Rookie

I'm the owner of Speedi Models in New Zealand.
Hopefully QTRacing will do well. I'm pretty sure he will.

By the way, one people can do a lot of things! Small shop doesn't mean useless! :P

Last edited by GTT; 12-05-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fatbear
I have just seen on your website that you have appointed Quick Time Racing as the New Zealand Distributor. To me this is an unbelievable decision. It is not even a hobby shop or distibutor of any kind. It is just 1 guy that has a website and no products. He doesn't sell anything to anyone and has no distributor network through New Zealand. You would have been far better served to appoint one of the few decent hobby shops in the country that have good patronage and other products to sell.
I hope I am not coming down to harshly here but it really dissapoints me when I see some of these backyard guys here in New Zealand getting a good distibutorship for what will be a great product and then doing nothing with it.
Thanks Darren for your support and your comments. I will promise to take your opinion in great regards and work 120% to promote Spintec and as well all my other products currently under my wing.

So Darren I will be receiving the Battery Manager in this coming week, would you like to leave me your email so I can offer you a good deal since you are interested in this great product of Spintec.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

From conversations with Erik, I beleive your estamate is high for the US...I am not 100% pssative but I believe it will be closer to $300-$350. More as to be competative with the high end chargers out now. i.e. GFX and Futaba monster..$450--$550 would push it too far away from even higher level racers as that would be more expencive than a new car kit and high end servo.
I beleive having the BATMAN in the unit will be nice also as it would help at the end of the day with like your last pack so that on the way home you can still be using the BATMAN feature while not worring about the BATMAN coming off while you drive...At elast that has been my only porblem with teh BATMAN...it falling off whiel I drive home from the track....got a new system now though...leave the battery in the car and BATMAN fits real nice in side the body of the car...ofcoarce unsoldering the battery first though....sheesh that could get hairy... Anyway the ICC should be gettign its final assembily soon. As I think Erik said that end of August was still the projected release date and us here in America will be probably a month later. I am very excited to use this Charger...if it is as great as I think it will be I will be selling my other chargers and getting a second one as I race two classes....lol
But hey these are just my two pennies....
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
my guess is $450-$550 since there are so many things that can be considered "new" on this charger. Hopefully my guess is WAY too steep. and erik is nice and make it affordable for us small time racers too.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

i hope you are right shookie. i am unfamiliar with how much higher end racers put into their cars (not sure how much of it is skill and how much of it is upgrades) that allows them to whoop me around the bends. but i sure hope the price will have us smalltime racers in mind. A $450 Futaba CDR-500 is absolute insanity for the smalltime peoples like myself.

If I can somehow acquire it for around $250-350 that would be optimal.

this is the first charger that's made sense to me interms of charging methods, to treat individual cells like individual cells. that's why i am so up and up for it. combined with the batman and an eq tray, all batteries will "have a day at the spa" it doesn't get any better than this.

If it has a batman built into it, that would be amazing. From what I have been hearing, except for a few people, its has done wonders for many. I hope the ICC won't have the clips problems as mentioned in the batman threads and the other misc problems that comes along with it.

Can't wait to hear more from Erik.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BEE18C
HOW MANY PEOPLE USE BMI IN NEW ZEALAND??
Some interesting points there. Although I do suggest you check your facts.
What does a point about how many people use BMI products in New Zealand have to do with anything? I don't sell BMI at all, I am only sponsored by BMI. You still have to buy the BMI products direct from BMI or from one of the many BMI resellers and distributors worldwide.
Maybe I am missing your point or maybe you don't actually have one.

And here is a final thought for you to ponder, don't you think that BMI products WIN a large number of races in New Zealand for the number of people that race the BMI products compared to all other racers.

Last edited by fatbear; 07-24-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FaiLip
Thanks Darren for your support and your comments. I will promise to take your opinion in great regards and work 120% to promote Spintec and as well all my other products currently under my wing.

So Darren I will be receiving the Battery Manager in this coming week, would you like to leave me your email so I can offer you a good deal since you are interested in this great product of Spintec.
FaiLip, good to see you may have taken my comments on board and thought about them. Good attitude unlike your buddies. We need more substantial promoton of racing in New Zealand and I am sorry to say I don't see any of this promotion coming from the backyard sellers. But if you can prove me wrong then great, you have benifited the sport. I just don't see it happening at the moment.
I would be interested in pricing on the Battery Manager so PM me with some good pricing and I will look at it.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

6g72tt, no the ICC will not have the decrystallization function of the Battery Manager. Yes, it will be possible to discharge each cell individually (equalizing) and then charge them. So yes, it can act as a equalizer before charging. But remember, equalizing is not strictly necessary anymore when you charge each cell individual! Anyway, you still need to discharge them for best performance.

Gotyournumber, sorry we have not yet set a price level for it. Of course we have got an idea, but I don't want to start guessing here.

Rcnewb2004, I will try to be as nice as possible

For the New Zealand guys: thanks for supporting Quick Time Racing!
Small companies deserve all the support they can get.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Erik one big favor......Please allow the ICC to charge Dead Shorted packs as many chargers have a problem chargign packs that have been brought below the 5.4V range.....

Sorry if I gave a wrong price quote Erik, I thought that it was a good estamate....but then again I don't have to think about exchange rates, shipping expence, importing tax, bla bla bla bla...LOL so I guess your right you can not give even a range until the release...other wise many people might get upset...
Hope your weekend was well.
Have a Bless Day Erik,
-Shookie <><

Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
6g72tt, no the ICC will not have the decrystallization function of the Battery Manager. Yes, it will be possible to discharge each cell individually (equalizing) and then charge them. So yes, it can act as a equalizer before charging. But remember, equalizing is not strictly necessary anymore when you charge each cell individual! Anyway, you still need to discharge them for best performance.

Gotyournumber, sorry we have not yet set a price level for it. Of course we have got an idea, but I don't want to start guessing here.

Rcnewb2004, I will try to be as nice as possible

For the New Zealand guys: thanks for supporting Quick Time Racing!
Small companies deserve all the support they can get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.