R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Making my own XO1

I love the XO1, but it is way out of my budget, but found a rolling chassis, and I want to make my own XO1. I want to have it go decently fast (50 mph) and everything else can be basic as I plan on upgrading different components as time goes on. I would like to keep the car around 500 dollars.

The Rolling Chassis is 299 from eBay (http://bit.ly/YxSt7K)

The XO1 body is 39 from eBay (http://bit.ly/YxSvMI)

I have Three Banana Batteries 3000 mah, 2000 mah, and 1800 mah. Also I have a set of 1/10 scale slicks and rims, but I am not sure they will fit.

I hope that we can make this a thread for others that want to make there own XO1's because they are a truly epic chassis.

Mercedes 190 E
Mercedes 190 E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

unless you have an 8th scale electric system kicking around $500 wont be that realistic at the price of that rolling chassis. but it will be a lot less than $1100 lol.

i think 2.2" wheels would be your better bet than the standard 1/10 tc wheels. hpi rally tires would be the best bet at that point for their ken block rally. they now sell the tires on their own which fit 2.2" buggy wheels.

if your gonna run lots of batteries, run a matched pair so maybe invest in some gens ace or similar 2s or 3 batteries. wonder what other bodies fit that chassis. maybe the kyosho subaru will fit.. wonder if the chassis could handle light offroad
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

those links you listed dont include shipping , with shipping you looking at allready close to $400 dollars without tires and electronics . why not just look at the ones that are buy it now for under $800 , i even seen a brand new one for $750 thats is a better deal you get 2 matching batteries and all electronics unless you have your own electronics which it seems you dont have the right ones capable of pushing that size car . those tires you mentioned wont even fit on the axle adapters let alone be enough to have a drivable ride height .
KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT1-E RCMoNSTeR CaSTLe2200 <> KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT2Ve Tekin 2650
oFNa LM DO CaRBoNFiBeR CaSTLe2650 <> TC4 FT
ZDRaCiNG TRuGGy <> HPI NiTRo RS4 .21oS
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

1/10th TC wheels and tires will not fit. 2.2s will not fit either. The tires and wheels that will fit will be onroad tires and wheels for a 1/8th scale chassis. For batteries, you will need at least a pair of identical 2S or 3S packs. I recommend that you research what you are buying before you pull the trigger. You would definitely be able to piece everything together if you did your research, but from what I see, I think you would be better off buying a used X-01.
TheLegoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default XO1

I was in this same situation a couple of weeks back.

I wound up getting the roller with rims and tires of Ebay for $305

New body off Craigslist local for $30.00

TQI transmitter and receiver $62.00

Have plenty of batteries and got the motor and esc from someone that crashed theirs and decided not to fix it.

You can find the stuff at fair prices you just have to search.

However I have seen new ones go for $700-$750 NIB, cheaper for used.

In the end I was happy with what I had to spend.

Hope you can do the same, its a blast to drive.

Tried to post links to the URLS so you could see but it wouldnt let me do to my lack of posts.....
CTK1 is offline   Reply With Quote