Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tc3 - still has life or old horse? What do you think? >

Tc3 - still has life or old horse? What do you think?

Tc3 - still has life or old horse? What do you think?

Old 04-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Tc3 - still has life or old horse? What do you think?

personally i love the tc3, easy to work on and not a whole lot of gessing when it comes to set ups. just the chassis change and you pretty much have a tc4. i still think put a tc3 in a top drivers hands and i can still win over anything. this is what i think what do you think about the tc3? just give it up and get somthing else? this is all opions so give them and lets see what eveyone thinks
Old 04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

I first started out with a TC3 and its so easy to do any work on, although i do have the warpspeed conversion now its still basically a TC3 all the components are the same just more blue ally. I love it just being so easy to work on. Ive stripped it so many time i can do it without thinking now lol I personally wouldnt sell it for a TC4 maybe if i had the money a top end chassis but i cant really see it happening (not saying that the TC4 isnt any good) Its still one of my favourite chassis

Last edited by PaZ; 04-26-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

I'v run a TC3 for years. I just picked up an XRay FK04. I like it so much better, as far as on the track performance. It is so much smoother and consistent. Especially with the issue of weight and torque steer.

TC3 is still a competitive car. Especially for stock racing.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation FT TC3

Need a spare??

I got one, I'll sell, plus a TON of extras. Spool, 1-way, springs, spurs, shocks and sway bars

let me know
Old 04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Regional Moderator

I started racing over 3 years ago with a RTR TC3. Over the years, I upgraded everything on the car to make it FT and eventually ended up with a BMI chassis. During the time that I raced that car I tried a few others just to see if I wanted to switch and I couldn't find any car that I liked as much as my TC3. I got my TC4 this January and have been racing it since the week after the snowbirds and it's more dialed than I could ever get my TC3. Don't get me wrong, I think the TC3 is a great car, but I think that the TC4 is more tunable and very easy to drive.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

I too have been running a TC3 for the past 3 years (1st and only car I've ever owned!) I've become pretty competitive with it and am resisiting buying anything new until after the Reedy race just because I'm so familiar with the car... it is a great car and can beat anything currently out there! Granted I haven't driven any of the new fangled rides yet, but why fix it if it ain't broke and it still wins?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I had one for a short while. For an aging car, it still has race potential, and parts are still easy to find for it. It's a good car for novice racers and even experienced racers.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i just like mine too much and i have enough spares to build another car . . .LOL

at my local track i put it in front of some of the newer luxury touring cars out there and runs close if not better lap times and some of the guys with there brand new 400$ touring car are pissed thay they are behind the old TC3

i think if you can set up anyone of the major touring cars out there they are all very competive

one of the big time factory drivers was using the old losi all indoor season and kicking a$$ and taking names beating out the x-ray and corally

TC3 4 LIFE . . .YEA YEA

Chris08527
www.jacksonrcracing.com
Old 04-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

i am surprized no one has come in to bad mouth the car. all those xray guys always bad mouth it, so where you people at? what is so bad about it huh?? the fact that it is cheap and you are still getting beat by it?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fjm9898
i am surprized no one has come in to bad mouth the car. all those xray guys always bad mouth it, so where you people at? what is so bad about it huh?? the fact that it is cheap and you are still getting beat by it?
The steering rack system sucked.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

yea well do the nitro tc3 converson. then no problems. anything else, come on that cant be all you guys can come up with
Old 04-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fjm9898
yea well do the nitro tc3 converson. then no problems. anything else, come on that cant be all you guys can come up with
Since you seem to be on an ego trip, explain why this is such a godly car. While I do like it, I don't think it's that great. For such a great car, I shouldn't be hacking at the chassis to convert the steering system to its nitro brethren.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

because the fact that it is 5 years old and the idea that in 5 years all they have been able to do the make changes is a few little things in a tc4 latter which you can easily do on the tc3. whereas all these high end cars come out with new versons ever 6 months, its godly because it is perfection 5 years running and nothing really changed what else could be better
Old 04-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

When I started racing a few years ago, my first car was a TC3 RTR. I loved the car. I was astounded how easily it reacted to setup changes and drove nicely. As time passed I purchased a FT TC3 and eventually a BMI chassis. I thought this was the hot ticket and didn't think there could be a better car. That is util I got my Xray. The TC3 is still a very viable platform and it the right hands could win a national level race... still. But, the differences between the TC3 and the Xray are vast. My xray is much more durable than my TC3. It is much smoother and reacts better. I literally improved allmost 2 full laps when I switched to my xray and now with the addition of my FK05, I will never buy another brands car.

But, like I said the TC3 is still a very threatening car and I've driven some TC3's that were very good, however in my oppinion the Xray has an edge.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is it still competitive? Anything that is being raced for competition is thereafter considered competitive, so the answer is yes!
I love my tc3's they are very good, It was my first car and I am still racing one 5 years later. Parts are easy to get, and it can be setup to work just about anywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.