XRC Ernie Provetti Interview: Your thoughts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRC Ernie Provetti Interview: Your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

DerekB- I have never had a real conversation with you or have ever exchanged words with you. Have heard many things about you but none seem to matter after reading the articleGood job man!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:13 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: XRC Ernie Provetti Interview: Your thoughts

Originally posted by Soviet
XRC just stepped up a notch in my book ...
I agree. Even the traditional industry "schlock" is better in XRC.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Alex Lopez
DerekB- I have never had a real conversation with you or have ever exchanged words with you. Have heard many things about you but none seem to matter after reading the articleGood job man!

LOL, I'm not sure what that means? Maybe you can share what you've heard...lol.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ya that article was a great read...I agree with Ernie about ROAR and what needs to change....even though we've had our issues in the past, I hope he is sincere in what he would like to see for the future of R/C.

Derek....Perfect 10 for the interview
Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had my doubts about Ernie when he was running for ROAR prez. I thought that this man could be a god's send to the hobby and the organization, or it's worst enemy. Kind of like having a KGB woking for the CIA, you don't know who's side he working for.

Well I'm heading to the toilet now to catch up on some reading, I'll post when I get back
Old 04-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rob Phillips
I had my doubts about Ernie when he was running for ROAR prez. I thought that this man could be a god's send to the hobby and the organization, or it's worst enemy. Kind of like having a KGB woking for the CIA, you don't know who's side he working for.

Well I'm heading to the toilet now to catch up on some reading, I'll post when I get back
Rob! What up man?!?!

Old 04-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rich Trujillo
Ya that article was a great read...I agree with Ernie about ROAR and what needs to change....even though we've had our issues in the past, I hope he is sincere in what he would like to see for the future of R/C.

Derek....Perfect 10 for the interview

LOL
Old 04-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

DerekB- Let's just say that my image of you now is far higher than it was before.

Last edited by Alex Lopez; 04-27-2005 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DerekB
It's not blasting but letting you know how the world works. Of course we "cater" to our customers, but unfortunatley for your conspriracy theory, that doesn't mean making things up or misleading the reader. You may have misconceptions from other magazines, but you need to let go. 5 pages of Trinity Advetising isn't going to close the doors. There are 5 small companies that can replace any one big compnay.

Not understanding that in every industry and form of racing that the manufacturers have more vested interest in the industry is the suicidal. But I'm guessing you didn't read the article either and are commenting out of the blue.

I'm curious why you think that manufacturers would ruin the industry. You realize that for the most part the manufacturers have been on the ROAR board and in control?

Next please.
Has nothing to do with reading the article. The reason I would be against someone in the industry running the show is wether intentional or not, its difficult to remain unbiased and vote on or accept products from another competitors when being subbmited or when an issue arises and your team is envolved your going to stick up for number 1.
So conflict of intrest flags go up!

I am sure that EP might have good intentions . But even if he was able the doubt would be there and fingers will always be pointed.

If I recall correctly in the late eighties manufactures were on the ROAR board and they got rid of that.

As far as your magazine I wasnt focusing on yours. You may be the only one that isnt influenced, but in most of the other mags that I dont read anymore thats all you ever saw.
Yours is the one I read the most. Since you did that interview with Tosso. That to me is intresting and entertaining reporting.

And Yes I agree with Ernie Roar needs a change and get up to par with todays racing . We are not racing 12 E's with wiper speedcontrols anymore. And everytime a nationals has been run something bad always happens because of lack of professionalism.

Just because you volenteer doesnt exclude you from giving 110%

Last edited by speedxl; 04-26-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl
Has nothing to do with reading the article. The reason I would be against someone in the industry running the show is wether intentional or not, its difficult to remain unbiased and vote on or accept products from another competitors when being subbmited or when an issue arises and your team is envolved your going to stick up for number 1.
So conflict of intrest flags go up!

I am sure that EP might have good intentions . But even if he was able the doubt would be there and fingers will always be pointed.

If I recall correctly in the late eighties manufactures were on the ROAR board and they got rid of that.

As far as your magazine I wasnt focusing on yours. You may be the only one that isnt influenced, but in most of the other mags that I dont read anymore thats all you ever saw.
Yours is the one I read the most. Since you did that interview with Tosso. That to me is intresting and entertaining reporting.
So basically your proving you didn't read the article. I'll tell you that Ernie didn't want to run it he wanted to hire somebody that would...please read it.

Alex, I'm just curious how you can form an opinion of somebody with never talking to them? Just a little odd. I can say that I've seen you at lots of races and have a high opinion of you, how you carry yourself. But anyway, I'm not out here to have everybody like me...just chicks.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Most products are examined and signed off on by an independant lab.....then the product is stamped off by the techincal director....the president would not have much say under the by laws....though he could change the rules to prevent another product....

It seems though, people are more interested in the worse case scenario than in the potential good...

I believe any one person is capable of infinite good......but they are also capable of infinite evil.......but I always give the benefit of the doubt that they intend to do good and give them the chance to prove me wrong.....the world would work a lot better if we showed confidence in each other....

Later EddieO
Old 04-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Alex I know you can't say too much. As for the manufacturers back in the beginning ran ROAR. All of us racers complained that it was the manufactuers running things.The big crash in 1993 (?)changed things. ROAR went the other way and the manufactuers went to non - factory Presidents. All of the past Factory presidents have been from the West Coast .Ernie is on the East Coast. If there were more people that knew what was going on back then - But there aren't. By the way I did vote for Ernie in that Election and most of the Florida votes went that way. I do understand Ernies position and ROARs.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I wonder what would have happened if Ernie was elected president?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'll say this right out, I haven't read the article, and doubt that I will. I wouldn't give 2 cents for Ernie's opinion. It's all about the money to him. All Ernie wants is your money, and he doesn't care how he gets it. New products, more money.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EddieO
Most products are examined and signed off on by an independant lab.....then the product is stamped off by the techincal director....the president would not have much say under the by laws....though he could change the rules to prevent another product....

It seems though, people are more interested in the worse case scenario than in the potential good...

I believe any one person is capable of infinite good......but they are also capable of infinite evil.......but I always give the benefit of the doubt that they intend to do good and give them the chance to prove me wrong.....the world would work a lot better if we showed confidence in each other....

Later EddieO

Wise words. When are you travelling again so we can hang out some more? I still owe you a beer, or you owe me one or we can have several and then arm wrestle for who pays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.