R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #166
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Originally posted by fabolousRC
I read the article recently and honestly, I can understand his business views. What I cannot understand is his business practices. How many exclusive rights he had acquired for the past 20 something years? A LOT. How many decent products for the masses, meaning the most value for your money, he has come up with from those 20 something years? Not that many years. What he is preaching and what he is producing does not add up!

The only reason why people still buy his product is because of the name. Nothing else. Once people found out that there are better things in R/C life other than buying Trinity, people moved on. I did.
All revolves around money and since he has alot of it you get away with alot more things that normal people can't. Happens all the time as we see it all the time with Sports Stars and how they always get out of stuff because they have lots of money.
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #167
Tech Addict

Originally posted by xxxkat
Oh hell no..Xtreme is the best.. I do enjoy reading it every month,You and Shane are both welcome anytime.It's about 2 1/2 hour drive,and I'll buy..

oh yeah....write off,you damn right you're buying!...LOL...

Mike-i gotta tell ya,the 1/12 is retired for awhile, the chassis is gone....its literally over half gone in one section of the front....didnt even race seeeeedan tonight....still waiting on my diff back and to get that oneway out of the front....by the way...we have JATO's in...
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:36 AM   #168
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I finally found the XRC mag at the grocery store so I can read the article now.The LHS did not have it the other week.
Midwest malitia member
17driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:48 AM   #169
Tech Master

Originally posted by 17driver
I finally found the XRC mag at the grocery store so I can read the article now.The LHS did not have it the other week.
Most shops should be getting them in. Our printer screwed something up and it caused a delay to hobby shops. But they should have shipped them out by now.
Velocity RC Magazine
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:27 PM   #170
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Derek the article was great very well done.I learned alot I did not know about Ernie.Do not agree with everything he said about ROAR but some made sense.Keep up the good work,and hopefully their will be a little more oval in the future.
Midwest malitia member
17driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #171
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The article was great. He said a lot of things that needed to be said. I applaud XRC for having the guts to publish something that lets consumers really see the inner working of our industry.

I'd like to read similar interviews of Roger Curtis, Cliff Lett, Pops Losi, and Cecil Schumacher. There really aren't a lot of the old guard still left in the industry.
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #172
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I know many who frequent these boards have been racing for a long time and/or are serious about attending the larger races regionally and possibly national/worldly and I respect all of your insights as to what would most benefit you as a racer.

My biggest concern with RC racing goes out to the average RC track and it's ability to keep up. Step outside the realm of the small percentage of tracks that actually get 50 plus racers per weekly club race and you are on very different playing field. Just look at the number of classes that exist, as well as the number of classes within classes!

The one thing that I believe could most benefit RC racing, in my honest and very humble opinion, is the reduction in the number of classes...which will probably never happen due to the ever-changing cycles our hobby endures. We are not talking annually either! One month everyone is all about sedan, another 8th scale, and next month monster trucks are taking over...wait truggies are up, here comes 18th scale! When the hell does it end?

For the small tracks, which I honestly feel outnumber the larger tracks, although they unfortunately come and go so quickly, keeping up is nearly impossible. Walk into one regional track and all they race is stadium truck, another oval, and another monster trucks? How can the average racer keep up and or race against more competition when everyone is on different fields?

For example, race motocross bikes in New England or California...same damn classes, different organizations! One could race in Texas for a big race on one weekend and race in Nebraska the next…all on the same bike! (Obviously exaggerated, but you get the point) Try road bike racing or mountain biking...again same classes, same equipment. Plus, both of the sports mentioned have more participants than RC racing!

I guess my rant just goes to show my experiences in this hobby over the past 4 years. A lot of laughs and fun, but at the same time much more buying, selling and keeping up with the current trends than I care for.

One last note, to quote Ernie “So the investment now is $280 rather than $120”, in regards to racing brushless stock. So I ask all of you, how many truly spent only $120 to race stock? Last time I checked, most racers drop $140 for a speedo, $30 for a motor (although we all have more than 1 stock motor, don’t we?), $120 for lathe, and $5 (per race) on a set of brushes.

See you at the track!

Last edited by Jeel; 05-11-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Jeel is offline   Reply With Quote