Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Body Shell Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hacking at fastcats eh.. Now i know where the guys here got it. Ive never seen my car do a barrel roll without touching the ground
Old 04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MartynD
Ohh one body I'd like to try is the HPI A4 wagon, not sure if its available in NA.. I don't think so..
Nice try buddy....

I'll probably end up getting a Stratus 2.0....

Anyone try a Skoda or a Yokomo Stratus Type-A?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Soviet, bring my 29 t pinion with you to the track Sat if your going to race this weekend. I may need it. Got a new ride, Yok BD

my .02 Bodies make a huge difference, but I'm looking for .10 secs not 10 secs
Old 04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default body shootout (Nemesis)

MartynD just to let you know a buddy of mine from niagara tried the Nemesis on his xray at the fast cats race and he didnt like it i am not sure but i think it had way to much push for him anyways i will check out with him and hopefully find out wat he didnt like about it !! just a little help hopefully!

Spesh

Ps. this is wat the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated!!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Spesh: Agreed, The Nemesis feels like a pushier Mazda 6. Probably great for low/inconsistant-grip situations
Old 04-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

ok now that you all have gone through the "my wiener is bigger than yours" argument...the simple fact is that bodies can make a big difference.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by losi jon
ok now that you all have gone through the "my wiener is bigger than yours" argument...the simple fact is that bodies can make a big difference.
Or rather they make a small difference.

I'm willing to bet that the Reynolds numbers of the various top sedan bodies are within several points of each other.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .........
Old 04-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lickrim
Not from where I'm sitting...
Old 04-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lickrim
I'm glad you know that.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Now that was a quick little fire fight !! Personally, I blame the whole thing on RC Driver Gary.......in fact from now on EVERYTHING is his fault. I've even started to use his name around the house when something goes wrong........." Damn Katzer !!" Try it...it just rolls off your tongue.
On that note, I agree that FOR THE AVERAGE NEW DRIVER , performance changes attributed to the body shell would be hard to notice so I make a point to tell all our new club drivers to pick what they like first. Let's not worry them about small stuff and worry more about having fun.
For higher levels of racing, I've fallen in love with the RIDE series of Stratus bodies. Our track layout changes every month and they allow me to take better advantage of the suspension changes I've made to fit the track. Speedtech has them readily available.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm willing to chip in here a little.

I'd agree that for the new drivers, bodies don't make too much of a difference, but I would try and steer them towards soemthing with safe handling, like the Dodge2.

But when you get to a higher level... which i feel I'm slowly approching... they do make a difference. For example the other weekend I was practising at Ashby for the TORC series round there, and compared my Mazda6 and Dodge3.
For me the mazda gave more initial steering, but seemed to not want to rotate as quickly through the corner, whereas the dodge, whilst lacking a little initial steering, rotated much better mid turn.
I ended up running the Dodge 3 for most of the meeting in the end, I do like the way it handles.

Of course such a test is pointless if you adjust your car setup at the same time... Only way to ever tell the differences between shells is to do back to back tests.

On another note, at the moment I'm refusing to use the Ride style bodies... to me they just don't look right proportionaly to me, with the pickup truck boot...
(also, there not BRCA legal over here, so not much point)
Maybe in the future I'll be swayed, but for now... PF all the way

Later
Ed
Old 04-26-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi Ed, curious as to why the RIDE bodies aren't allowed ? You do bring up a point though....Depending on where you're racing, you may not have that many choices of body shell. All of the sanctioning orgs. and many state level series have a "approved body" list. Just because A body is your favorite, you have to keep that in mind.
Can we at least agree that RC Driver Gary is at fault !!!???
Old 04-26-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hi Ed, curious as to why the RIDE bodies aren't allowed ? You do bring up a point though....Depending on where you're racing, you may not have that many choices of body shell. All of the sanctioning orgs. and many state level series have a "approved body" list. Just because A body is your favorite, you have to keep that in mind.
Can we at least agree that RC Driver Gary is at fault !!!???
It's ALWAYS Gary's fault.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Hey,

Whats the difference between the Stratus 3 carpet/pavement versions and the Stratus 2.

-Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.