Wiki Posts
Search

CRC Xti VS AE 12R5.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Default CRC Xti VS AE 12R5.2

Hi,

I'm getting a very hard time choosing between both these cars.. I want to keep it for long so my main concern is the overall quality of the kit and good wear (especially the plastics).

Could you guys give me some feedback about the pros and cons of each car? I took a lot of time reading both threads but I'd just need some opinions coming from drivers owning one or both of them.

Use -> Carpet only, small to medium indoor track

Driver -> My driving is quite smooth and progressive so I like a nimble car but not too agressive either, the chassis that suit me the best are the ones that allow me to keep a lot of speed in the turns because I don't brake/ accelerate hard and often. My speed stays quite constant while driving.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i dont think its possible to make a bad decision on a 12th scale these days..
I personally like associated.. well made, good parts support. im still running all the stock parts from my 5.1 onpoint from 2011. it has survived my first year of racing, and now, im mixing it up in the amain with 95% of the same parts that came on the car.

I personally dont have a problem with teh mono shocks on my car at all. i might just buy the lipo kit for next year and save myself $150.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Hi,

I'm getting a very hard time choosing between both these cars.. I want to keep it for long so my main concern is the overall quality of the kit and good wear (especially the plastics).

Could you guys give me some feedback about the pros and cons of each car? I took a lot of time reading both threads but I'd just need some opinions coming from drivers owning one or both of them.

Use -> Carpet only, small to medium indoor track

Driver -> My driving is quite smooth and progressive so I like a nimble car but not too agressive either, the chassis that suit me the best are the ones that allow me to keep a lot of speed in the turns because I don't brake/ accelerate hard and often. My speed stays quite constant while driving.
Look for a XL CRC, might be a bit more eaay to set up and drive. Our club has switch back to XL's.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Theo49306
Look for a XL CRC, might be a bit more eaay to set up and drive. Our club has switch back to XL's.
Interesting, you switched back coming from xti or xi?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pulse, as you are living (or gonna live) in Europe, maybe it's better to look for a Assocaited. This one has metric screws and the CRC has not.

Regards Robert
Old 01-04-2013, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

Good point, I thought the last CRC were metric.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Interesting, you switched back coming from xti or xi?
I tried the XTI, then transvese, alterego and then added the XL rear on the alterego. It seems the stearing is not as smooth as the XL. We think it could be the small servo used for the XTI. I will try a JR next but the old XL is the fastest. I havent ran my XI this year.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run a JR servo in my XTI, and the car is plenty fast. On pace everywhere I go.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dumper
I run a JR servo in my XTI, and the car is plenty fast. On pace everywhere I go.
How would you compare it to your previous car?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

I believe the XTI is the best car CRC has ever made. The car does the lap times without having to be driven hard. I see you are from Belgium, if you run modified on the typical European track, the Altered Ego chassis was made specifically for that application.

What you really have to look at is what car is easier for you to get parts for and support for. Take a look at where you will be racing and where you plan on buying your parts from, what do they carry? Having easy access to parts and such will make your life easier when you need something.

It not being metric is a pretty weak argument. Everyone I know in the States that races has both standard and metric tools. So you have to pick up a couple a wrenches? Is that really such a big deal?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dumper
I believe the XTI is the best car CRC has ever made. The car does the lap times without having to be driven hard. I see you are from Belgium, if you run modified on the typical European track, the Altered Ego chassis was made specifically for that application.

What you really have to look at is what car is easier for you to get parts for and support for. Take a look at where you will be racing and where you plan on buying your parts from, what do they carry? Having easy access to parts and such will make your life easier when you need something.

It not being metric is a pretty weak argument. Everyone I know in the States that races has both standard and metric tools. So you have to pick up a couple a wrenches? Is that really such a big deal?
Where I live there is no support for parts so I can buy whatever is available in Europe . As soon as I can find them in UK or Germany or Netherlands it's good for me. 1/12 drivers are very rare too around here but this won't discourage me from running the category. I'm used to drive different cars.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's also a point. Thunder Tiger Germany provides parts for the Asso, that's in the stores within a few day's when orderd. CRC Has to come overseas and will take a longer time. I think both cars are equal on preformance, no words there.

Regards Robert
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Robert_K
That's also a point. Thunder Tiger Germany provides parts for the Asso, that's in the stores within a few day's when orderd. CRC Has to come overseas and will take a longer time. I think both cars are equal on preformance, no words there.

Regards Robert
Are they equivalent in durability too? I might be wrong but I can imagine these cars needing to have no slop what so ever
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Both cars are as durable as 12th scale cars can be.

CRC has a large distribution network set up in Europe, as I am sure Associated does as well. You can't go wrong with either car.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

so basically you tell me to pick a color

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.