Originally posted by M3Jokster
1. how low do i discharge them to?
2. how to store them short term and long term (charged or discharged)
3. after i discharged them. the voltage reads 1 V. then approximately 15-20 minutes later, the voltage increases to approx. 6V IS THIS NORMAL?
4. How long after do i "zap" the NICAD to erase the memory? how many cycles?
5. 2400 NICAD or 3000 MiNAH which ones are better?
6. how to maintain 3000 MINAH batteries.
7. same questions above for 3000 minah batterys
1. I'd suggest 5.4v
2. Discharged, although with NiMH's it's better to put a part charge in if stored for more than a fortnight.
3. Yes - in fact the voltage should return to about 7.2v
4. Zapping is not a commonly used process - it's used by the matchers, but few people do it once they've bought the cells. NiCD memory can normally be erased quite well by cycling.
5. I would say 3000 HV's or SMH's
6 and 7. I recommend the advice at www.smc-racing.com