Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will there be any new bodies for wgt?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So how do 200mm nitro sedan bodies work/ fit on pan cars is the wheelbase the same or are wheel wells way off? I'd imagine that something like an srs or p 37 body would actually work but fit would be the question
Old 02-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RoyU
would F1 rubber tires work on WGT?
They don't work well on F1...they work...but not well. Rubber tires and pan cars just don't go well together except for concrete ovals.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Protoform's new WGT body should be out soon. When I spoke with Dale at the IIC he said he had been delayed due to health reasons but now that he was better there would be a new 1/12th and a new WGT body coming out soon...the 1/12th is out so it shouldn't be long until we see the new WGT soon.

I've ran both the DB9 and the Sophia at the IIC over the past few years...Granted I didn't run them back to back to compare but I really didn't see much of a difference handling wise. Both handled well...whatever held me back from getting into higher mains certainly was not the body. Heck, Dave did pretty good running a DB9 at IIC last year. Depending how the new Protoform comes out...I'm thinking on going back to the DB9 myself mainly because I like the way it looks.

I think over the years pan car racers have gotten a bit spoiled. It used to be we would pick what body we like and tune the suspension to that and the track. These days it seems there is 1 setup for the car and thus only 1 or 2 bodies will work. I think that is part of the reason the more scale bodies went away and the performance bodies took over.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoyU
would F1 rubber tires work on WGT?
If you are used to running F1 on foams, rubbers don't even work on F1s.

The reason rubbers are popular in F1 is because they look scale, not because of performance.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tnt2671
So how do 200mm nitro sedan bodies work/ fit on pan cars is the wheelbase the same or are wheel wells way off? I'd imagine that something like an srs or p 37 body would actually work but fit would be the question
Yes they fit straight on. We used to run the old Associated RC10L3T cars 10 years ago, an older version of WGT cars. we started with the Protoform Mulsanne body, then when those were worn out experimented with others. Considering the difference in chassis and driven wheels you would be amazed how well normal touring car shells worked on the cars.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Yes they fit straight on. We used to run the old Associated RC10L3T cars 10 years ago, an older version of WGT cars. we started with the Protoform Mulsanne body, then when those were worn out experimented with others. Considering the difference in chassis and driven wheels you would be amazed how well normal touring car shells worked on the cars.
does any body have any pics of nitro sedan bodies on there wet cars , i have a wgt on its way to me and want to order up a few bodies but really not a fan of the sophia or the other 2 made specifically for the wgt's
Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I bought a set of Jaco Lilac spec tires when I got my car. Trued them down to a small but not miniscule size. They have about 10 races on them now, including some TQ's and wins at MRH and still have plenty of life left in them. They have worked at EVERY track I've been to and last a long time. What could be better than that? No fast, competitive TC racer can say that.