R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #106
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaveralaw View Post
H. What are the part nos will I need to get for the 61-29? Tamiya stock parts? Do I need to replace front and rear gears? Thanks!
I tried 61-29 and speed was good on the straight. I had to take out the engine cover for cooling as the esc would shut down because of high motor temps.
I find this combo wanting in torque in the technical portions. Anyone try 61-28, 27 or 25?

Also, how is the high speed gear set as against the tt01's 55-28 set ups.
primaveralaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #107
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
Today i received the high speed gear set for my TT-02 and i've tried to install the 0.4 90T spur from tamiya and it works great.
Been using it with a 48T pinion on motormount position for the 0.6 23T pinion, the gears meshing up as it should be and even the noise of the car is a bit less then normal.
This combination should give your car a ratio of 4.88, it would be equal of a TT-01 using a 55T spur with a 29T pinion (but we all know that this combination is normally not possible)
So the TT-02 can be faster then a TT-01 car, this with a better handling car should give you a benefit at the track
Would you say that this gearing is optimal? Good for long straights but enough power to manage the inside?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #108
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Would you say that this gearing is optimal? Good for long straights but enough power to manage the inside?
That depends on the length of the track, we have some pretty large circuits here (with some straights of 80m, followed by some high speed turns) meaning that high speed is crucial for topqualifying.
I will be trying to mount a 49,50 or 51T pinion with a 90T spur, when those pinions arrive.
I tested the 48T pinion with 90T spur for about 7 - 8 minutes in my street and the motor still seemed to be cool.
I even did full throttle/break (continue repeating this) testing for about 2 minutes and the motor wasn't hot at all.
I especially did this testing for the gear mesh, if it wasn't propper then the spur would have been destroyed by doing that.
About the acceleration out of turns seems also to be better over a TT-01, that's my opinion. The drive train is much better and this gives the car in my opinion a better throttle respons.

Hope this helps
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #109
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Quote:
That depends on the length of the track, we have some pretty large circuits here (with some straights of 80m, followed by some high speed turns) meaning that high speed is crucial for topqualifying.
I will be trying to mount a 49,50 or 51T pinion with a 90T spur, when those pinions arrive.
I tested the 48T pinion with 90T spur for about 7 - 8 minutes in my street and the motor still seemed to be cool.
I even did full throttle/break (continue repeating this) testing for about 2 minutes and the motor wasn't hot at all.
I especially did this testing for the gear mesh, if it wasn't propper then the spur would have been destroyed by doing that.
About the acceleration out of turns seems also to be better over a TT-01, that's my opinion. The drive train is much better and this gives the car in my opinion a better throttle respons.

Hope this helps
This helps a lot. Thank you. I have asked around and our local track regulars for stock touring are using tt01s geared 55-28. Straight is not as long as yours at 80m with 4 hairpins, a sweeper and 2 chicanes. Will the 90-48 combo be enough to go along with a 55-28?

I also understand that the internal gear ratio of tt01 and tt02 are the same at 2.6. Does this mean that I can also go 55-28 using the sanding method described a couple of posts earlier?

Sorry for the multitude of q's. New to TC gearing. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #110
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
This helps a lot. Thank you. I have asked around and our local track regulars for stock touring are using tt01s geared 55-28. Straight is not as long as yours at 80m with 4 hairpins, a sweeper and 2 chicanes. Will the 90-48 combo be enough to go along with a 55-28?

I also understand that the internal gear ratio of tt01 and tt02 are the same at 2.6. Does this mean that I can also go 55-28 using the sanding method described a couple of posts earlier?

Sorry for the multitude of q's. New to TC gearing. Thanks in advance!
If it was up to me i would go for the 90T/48 combination.
This should give you the benefit of being faster on the straight and not loosing much when coming out of the corners (if there could be a disadvantage of the acceleration). From what i've noticed about the TT-02 is that it has a better throttle respons then a TT-01. But is a personal feeling.
This can only be measured on a track with looking at the laptimes.
Gear ratio of a TT-01 with 55T/28T combination is 5.11 and the TT-02 with a 90T/48T combination has a low 4.88.
I'm not sure if a 90T/46T (gives a 5.09 gear ratio)combination would be possible (cause of the gear meshing), cause that could be an even better choice for gear ratio.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #111
Tech Apprentice

Stock for stock , i didn't find the tt02 to be that much better than 01.

Somewhat disappointed.
E36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:36 AM   #112
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
If it was up to me i would go for the 90T/48 combination.
This should give you the benefit of being faster on the straight and not loosing much when coming out of the corners (if there could be a disadvantage of the acceleration). From what i've noticed about the TT-02 is that it has a better throttle respons then a TT-01. But is a personal feeling.
This can only be measured on a track with looking at the laptimes.
Gear ratio of a TT-01 with 55T/28T combination is 5.11 and the TT-02 with a 90T/48T combination has a low 4.88.
I'm not sure if a 90T/46T (gives a 5.09 gear ratio)combination would be possible (cause of the gear meshing), cause that could be an even better choice for gear ratio.
I tried the 90/46t and I am very happy with it. I noticed that the teu105s thermal sensor is somewhat erratic. It shuts down in different temps. Anyone experience this?
Old 07-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #113
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For those asking how to get your ratio down... the speed gear set is pretty much like what I made for my TT-01. Take a look... TT-01 Forum Post #2057 for reference. Won the points championship with it. All a person has to do for the motor plate is take a flat piece of Aluminum and cut it to shape to create a cam type setup. I used a Losi Street Weapon motor plate as my original guide. If people were interested in this, I could make them pretty easy. If I got 5 people, you can bet I'd make them for you guys. If I got 15 people, I'd make them and offer an entire kit to get your FDR down to around 4 for those interested. I love helping people out. It's probably my favorite thing about this hobby.
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I tried the 90/46t and I am very happy with it. I noticed that the teu105s thermal sensor is somewhat erratic. It shuts down in different temps. Anyone experience this?
Did you tried it on motor position 22T??
I haven't tried it yet.
Did you notice the lower noice cause of using the 04 pinion/spur combo?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #115
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Did you tried it on motor position 22T??
I haven't tried it yet.
Did you notice the lower noice cause of using the 04 pinion/spur combo?
I might've tried it on pos 21t. Indeed it is very very quiet.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 AM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I might've tried it on pos 21t. Indeed it is very very quiet.
I will try it to see how the gear mesh is, thx for the info.
It's nice to see how we all can help each other out with questions and answers. That's the best thing about forums.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #117
Tech Master

Hi Guys

I have raced my car in 17.5 blinky with an FDR of 4.35 I have posted on how to do it on my blog here.

It runs really well and the car was feeling very nice and the motor temp was pretty low compared to the other cars

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/07/ho...inky-with.html

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #118
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Hi Guys

I have raced my car in 17.5 blinky with an FDR of 4.35 I have posted on how to do it on my blog here.

It runs really well and the car was feeling very nice and the motor temp was pretty low compared to the other cars

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/07/ho...inky-with.html
Thx for sharing this info.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #119
Tech Adept

Hey guys,
had the first raceday with the TT02, and it was fun.
We had ultraclose racing in our hobby class, fighting with 2 TT02 against Ta05 and TT01 and some other brands.
I managed to take 2nd place in the A-final behind my buddy with his new TA05.
So I was back in the same place as last race with my TT01. As E36BMW already stated, itīs no revolution but an evolution from the TT01. I didnīt expect something else, but I like the small improvements, which will make the TT02 an easy car over runtime.
I drove 29/64 gearing with TB03 spur gear adapter, whilst my other buddy running his TT02 on 28/61 with TT01 spur gear.
We all run on CE-4 silvercan and 30000Nimh by spec.
I was running bone stock the car with LRP QC-3 speedo and plastic CVA from the parts box. Handling felt very stable with kit springs, it was fun to drive.
What was an nice side notice: It has an integrated transponder stay: You can easily clamp your personal transponder under the Bumper plate in the middle, it canīt go anywhere and is safe in crashes...

Br,
Matthias
Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #120
Tech Fanatic

I've tried to mount 50T pinion on a 90T spur (ratio of 4.68) and it does fit, but this is absolutely the biggest pinion you can mount.
Gear mesh is a perfect fit.
You even need to use a dremel to get some extra free space directly above the pinion, but this modification is done in a few minutes and it's very easy.
So when you need to use tamiya spur/pinions this is the maximum ratio you can use on the TT-02.