R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2015, 01:13 AM   #571
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarton View Post
Has anyone done an in-depth review on the TT02 type S yet? I've not seen much on the net including Youtube. I guess this version of the TT02 isn't in many people's hands yet outside of Japan. I'm sure something will appear soon, but I'm just not enjoying the wait.

Hint, hint...for thercracer.com

I'm looking for a VTA/USGT budget racer from a major company like Tamiya. I'm not interested in a TC4 (owned 2 already), Sakura (had 2 zeroes already), or Spec-R S2 (worried about parts support, honestly).
I haven't seen much of information about building de Type-S version eather, only 2 movies on Youtube when the car is on a track.
I'm still considering to buy one but my TT-02 is doing very well on the track.
Perhaps i should buy one and sell my TT-02, cause all the needed parts for building a regular TT-02 are included in the kit. Except the drive shafts.

I also have the Spec-R S2 and that car is very good aswell, parts can be found easily at TQracing. So parts for that car shouldn't be a problem.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:17 AM   #572
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarton View Post
Has anyone done an in-depth review on the TT02 type S yet? I've not seen much on the net including Youtube. I guess this version of the TT02 isn't in many people's hands yet outside of Japan. I'm sure something will appear soon, but I'm just not enjoying the wait.

Hint, hint...for thercracer.com

I'm looking for a VTA/USGT budget racer from a major company like Tamiya. I'm not interested in a TC4 (owned 2 already), Sakura (had 2 zeroes already), or Spec-R S2 (worried about parts support, honestly).
The TT02s is pretty sweet, I'm very busy with real work atm but a review will come soon.. The only thing that bugs me is that there is no droop screw setting, you have to use spacers in the shocks. It's not a big issue and once you get a set-up then its cool its just that I do not like getting my fingers dirty
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #573
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
The TT02s is pretty sweet, I'm very busy with real work atm but a review will come soon.. The only thing that bugs me is that there is no droop screw setting, you have to use spacers in the shocks. It's not a big issue and once you get a set-up then its cool its just that I do not like getting my fingers dirty
@Qatmix,

Always working, you should have some priorities about building tamiya cars (Just kidding)

Tamiya should design a new B8 part that gives the opportunity to use droop screws.
Very easy and could be sold as an option part.
I have been thinking of designing the part for myself and get it 3D printed
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #574
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
@Qatmix,

Always working, you should have some priorities about building tamiya cars (Just kidding)

Tamiya should design a new B8 part that gives the opportunity to use droop screws.
Very easy and could be sold as an option part.
I have been thinking of designing the part for myself and get it 3D printed
Yep, I was disappointed that they didnt just do this on the TT02s, I have tried to to a basic mod to the current part but it moved too much so it was not any good.

I need to do the 419 review before the TT02s.. Hopefully I'll get them done soon.
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #575
Tech Regular
 
firefoxussr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Excited to join the TT02 crowd. Got a deal on ebay - an unbuilt parts set minus wheels, body, and electronics.

It's perfect for 'fixing' my Nikko Ferrari F430, this purchase solves these issues:
-RWD with open diff (nightmare)
-2S hardcase is rubberbanded in place cuz does not fit 7.2v round tray
-standard servo doesn't fit centered (non-standard on original car)'

The only other thing on my mind was- currently the car uses a stock TA02 Ferrari 360 Modena body, are the body post holes compatible with the TT02?
__________________
On the road: TA05-S, XV01, XRay T1
On the bench: M06, HPI Cup Racer, Sakura FGX
In the box: TA02-S, M04, TA05 IFS
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:39 AM   #576
Tech Adept
 
Smile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yes, as far as I know, the Ferrari body's holes would fit, just like any other 190mm Tamiya body out there. The TT02 has reversible rear body posts, which means that even the older bodies would be compatible.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #577
Tech Regular
 
firefoxussr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile View Post
Yes, as far as I know, the Ferrari body's holes would fit, just like any other 190mm Tamiya body out there. The TT02 has reversible rear body posts, which means that even the older bodies would be compatible.
Thanks! Also I do like the RWD feel on my cup racer, which I think is cuz they did gear diff in front and ball diff in back. Anyone do ball diff in rear only for a TT 02/01?
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:07 PM   #578
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxussr View Post
Thanks! Also I do like the RWD feel on my cup racer, which I think is cuz they did gear diff in front and ball diff in back. Anyone do ball diff in rear only for a TT 02/01?
I've mounted 2 ball diffs in my TT-02, the car runs great and has less noise.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #579
Tech Regular
 
hairless_ape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 327
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
The TT02s is pretty sweet, I'm very busy with real work atm but a review will come soon.. The only thing that bugs me is that there is no droop screw setting, you have to use spacers in the shocks. It's not a big issue and once you get a set-up then its cool its just that I do not like getting my fingers dirty
You could easily ad a thin carbon fiber plate to the underside of the chassis, and then use the existing droop screw holes in the 418 arms that are on the S.



Last edited by hairless_ape; 01-14-2015 at 05:08 PM.
hairless_ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #580
Tech Regular
 
Djchow85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I've mounted 2 ball diffs in my TT-02, the car runs great and has less noise.
With whatever oil you used did you find a significant handling difference vs gear diffs?

Good to see this thread come to life again - even though I've moved on from on road/tt02.
Djchow85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #581
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djchow85 View Post
With whatever oil you used did you find a significant handling difference vs gear diffs?

Good to see this thread come to life again - even though I've moved on from on road/tt02.
I have been using 100.000, just enough to have the correct feeling.
The gear diff's are not consistent enough, you have to refill the gear diff's very often to get the right feeling and they leak a lot.
Or when you use AW grease the feeling at the start isn't the same as when you ran the car once or twice.
That's what makes the ball diff's a better choice, they are more consistent and moore smooth with less noice.

Currently i'm testing the car with a 17.5T motor and still i'm improving my lap times. Tonight and saterday i will be testing some setup changes.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #582
Tech Adept
 
redbarton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairless_ape View Post
You could easily ad a thin carbon fiber plate to the underside of the chassis, and then use the existing droop screw holes in the 418 arms that are on the S.


Maybe someone could talk t-bone-racing.net to manufacture something like this for the TT02S? They make bumpers and skid plates for all sorts of R/C's already. Something similar to this would be perfect:

http://t-bone-racing.net/TBR-DS-rear...t-T-p1539.html

Ride height might not be so good afterwards, though.
redbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #583
Tech Regular
 
Theibault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 381
Default

Doing a TT-02 Type S build video on my YouTube channel. If you like, be re to subscribe to get a updates for the next part.
http://youtu.be/PVbFUd-DqYg
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel and please subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/user/theibault
Theibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #584
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theibault View Post
Doing a TT-02 Type S build video on my YouTube channel. If you like, be re to subscribe to get a updates for the next part.
http://youtu.be/PVbFUd-DqYg
dude nice vid hope to see the rest of them
TeamThibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #585
Tech Regular
 
Theibault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamThibault View Post
dude nice vid hope to see the rest of them
Thanks! Love your last name.
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel and please subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/user/theibault
Theibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0