R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #541
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTob View Post
Hi everyone.

My TT-02 won't drive straight after a left curve. So I'm trying to solve this by removing any slop or play + making sure that every piece of the steering moves freely.

First I noticed my Hitech 5646WP servo was unable to zero reposition after going to the maximum left or right... Not sure if it's due to the servo, cause I checked the whole steering system and nothing seems to cause much friction or oppose force to the servo..! Any idea? Any good servo to recommand? (I took this Hitech because it's waterproof, and I rally sometimes)

Second I notice some play (~1mm) between the Hop-Up Low Friction Suspension Ball and the front upper arm they are clipped in!!! Does anybody have the same? How do I reduce it? I have the kit upper arms, should I change them? Does it make sens to put camber to the front wheels?

Plus I'd like to shim the differentials, what shims do I need?

Thank you in advance.
Is it not returning to centre with load or no load? When I say load I mean the car rested on the ground - if it's a tad off that may be expected due to the nature of the car. It should return if the car is raised with no load.

You can tell also if you test the servo by itself with no load, making sure you have a marker to see if it's returning straight. I've used $20< servos and they were never the issue of the car not centering properly.

Assuming you have no binding anywhere I would put a bet on the servo arm being loose etc.
Djchow85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:00 AM   #542
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djchow85 View Post
Is it not returning to centre with load or no load? When I say load I mean the car rested on the ground - if it's a tad off that may be expected due to the nature of the car. It should return if the car is raised with no load.

You can tell also if you test the servo by itself with no load, making sure you have a marker to see if it's returning straight. I've used $20< servos and they were never the issue of the car not centering properly.

Assuming you have no binding anywhere I would put a bet on the servo arm being loose etc.
Also check your servo saver, the one that comes in the kit is junk. You need to replace it with a better one if you want precise steering.

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #543
Tech Master

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/11/ta...er-caster.html

Here is a mod to add front camber, Caster and also change the roll center The TT02 is running superbly at my local club

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Old 11-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #544
Tech Regular

Amazing how much you've done to the tt02. On Road TC is quite dead at my local track
Old 11-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #545
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the advice camocrouch. You lead me to the broadtech website for up grades when I stumbled upon the eagle racing drift tt02 chassis. Anyone running this or is it worth getting something else instead?
bigjim85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:15 AM   #546
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Just picked up the Type S today. This is my first foray into on-road Bought it as a Xmas gift for my 8-year-old. Picked up the alum center shaft, heat sink and Yeah Racing adjustable motor mount as hop ups. Looking forward to enjoying the build. Cheers,
Old 11-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #547
MD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshocker View Post
Hey guys,

Just picked up the Type S today. This is my first foray into on-road Bought it as a Xmas gift for my 8-year-old. Picked up the alum center shaft, heat sink and Yeah Racing adjustable motor mount as hop ups. Looking forward to enjoying the build. Cheers,
You will definitely benefit from buying aluminum steering uprights. It's a weakness of that chassis and the other cars in the TT's series.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:37 AM   #548
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
You will definitely benefit from buying aluminum steering uprights. It's a weakness of that chassis and the other cars in the TT's series.
This?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54574

I'm trying to keep the hop-ups as few as possible Cheers,
Old 11-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #549
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim85 View Post
Thanks for the advice camocrouch. You lead me to the broadtech website for up grades when I stumbled upon the eagle racing drift tt02 chassis. Anyone running this or is it worth getting something else instead?
I got the plastic drift kit and was very happy with it (mentioned in the last couple of pages, think I even through in some pics somewhere in this thread), very comprehensive for the price.
A little hard to put together (instructions in another language) and you'd probably have to buy the full kit in order to get replacements, but does the drifting job well.

It's pretty similar to the newly released type s.

I'm selling mine on eBay if your in Aus.

Cheers,
Crouch

Last edited by Camocrouch; 01-25-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Camocrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #550
Tech Master

Quote:
This?

Nope he is talking about the front uprights.

You will not need these on the TT02S as it has the TRF 416 uprights. These are fine and you will not need to upgrade anything on it to start out with.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #551
Tech Regular

Quote:
This?

That's the way to go..

Key hopups id say are

-bearings
-aftermarket servo saver e.g. medium kimbrough - to fix up the poor steering of the stock tt02
-adjustable steering setup, tie rods etc if you want to change toe settings
- oil shocks
- maybe a couple of different pinions to fine tune gearing if required

The stock servo arm I'd say is possibly one the biggest flaws with the TT02.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #552
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djchow85 View Post
That's the way to go..

Key hopups id say are

-bearings
-aftermarket servo saver e.g. medium kimbrough - to fix up the poor steering of the stock tt02
-adjustable steering setup, tie rods etc if you want to change toe settings
- oil shocks
- maybe a couple of different pinions to fine tune gearing if required

The stock servo arm I'd say is possibly one the biggest flaws with the TT02.
Luckily the TT02S has all of the things you list.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #553
Tech Addict

Hey guys, finished building the kit. Overall it's nice and there's no rocket science behind it. Some initial thoughts:

1. The turnbuckles into ball cups are super tight. Even with black grease it's quite a workout wrenching them in.

2. I'm not quite sure with holding the hub hinge pins with a grub screw only. The pins are not keyed in or secured at the ends. At worse could do with some e-clips at both ends?

3. Speaking of e-clips, I'll never be able to remove them off the shock shafts to change the pistons..

4. The shocks could use some green slime to seal the tops.

I followed Oatmix's blog, but up to a point as the Type-S version is much different. The front c-hubs and rear hubs are improved as well as more tuning options. The original had no turnbuckles?!

Now to prep the body and give it a run. I would say overall it's a nice and easy kit. One does get a sense of underwhelming though. It's slightly better than a re-re IMHO! But as an entry level kit it's great. Personally I would not put anymore hop-ups into it, and put the budget into a higher level chassis. Cheers,
Old 11-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #554
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yep, the base model didn't have turnbuckles. With mine, I didn't change the camber links at all. The only links I converted into turnbuckles are the tie-rods and the servo linkage.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #555
Tech Regular

The TT-02 is an entry level kit and I think it's not bad for its cost. Question is - how much can you ask for say a $100 kit. What are your goals for this kit? Are you expecting to compete in say stock class? If it's underwhelming, are you being reasonable comparing it to higher kits that are 2/3x more costly..?

I think with a good driver the tt02 is capable with even the basic of mods/right tyres/select battery on a track.