R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2014, 01:07 AM   #346
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
Today i went to a large outdoor track to test the car.
I was able to compare the speed with some other guys and the car was very fast.
The other guy was running a faster motor with also a bigger pinion and on the straight i was even a bit faster then him.

Just being curious... What were those other cars like compared to your TT-02?

Reason for asking, I drive a TB03 in our TC Club competition ( 17.5T). I like the TB03 very much and its fun to drive. Even though the TB03 is pretty basic I won the first race with it against better and newer cars. So I've thinking of buying a TT-02 drift spec and getting it race ready...just as a new challenge...in our club competition.

What do you guys think?? Will the challenge be worthwhile or should I just forget about it??

Still lookin.......
http://jdskyline.blogspot.nl
JD Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:24 AM   #347
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Skyline View Post
Just being curious... What were those other cars like compared to your TT-02?

Reason for asking, I drive a TB03 in our TC Club competition ( 17.5T). I like the TB03 very much and its fun to drive. Even though the TB03 is pretty basic I won the first race with it against better and newer cars. So I've thinking of buying a TT-02 drift spec and getting it race ready...just as a new challenge...in our club competition.

What do you guys think?? Will the challenge be worthwhile or should I just forget about it??
The other guy that was running with me had also a TT-02, but he had a brushed carson cup motor (wich has a significant higher rpm then a torque tuned motor) and he was running a 46T pinion while i was only using a 44T pinion.
The track is large enough to use even larger pinions but that's the maximum of pinion he can use at our belgian tamiyacup series.
There were other guys running some TA04 and Schumacher cars (don't know the type of them and i also don't know what kind of motors they were running) but still i was faster then those guys.

To give u an answer to your question if it's worth to buy the TT-02D version, then i must say that in my opinion i find it a challenge to have a less better car and to tune it to it's maximum and then challenge those better cars on the track.
Most of the time i'm able to have equal or better lap times then those guys with better cars and faster motors.
But this all comes down to drive the car to it's maximum abilities and to drive as smooth and as fast as you can on the track without making any mistakes.
Personal i think the TT-02 has a lot of potential, but to get the car improved to it's maximum then it will cost a lot of money.
For that money you can easily buy a TRF version.
For example, somtimes i check on sites what it would cost me for buying all the hop-up parts that can improve the cars handling of weight and without the car itself it costs easily over $300 on parts (without shipping cost or other electronics).
That's more then 2 or 3 times the cost of the car.
If that's worthed to you then you should do it, but it still is a lot of money to spend on a basic car.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #348
Tech Adept

Quote:
The other guy that was running with me had also a TT-02, but he had a brushed carson cup motor (wich has a significant higher rpm then a torque tuned motor) and he was running a 46T pinion while i was only using a 44T pinion.
The track is large enough to use even larger pinions but that's the maximum of pinion he can use at our belgian tamiyacup series.
There were other guys running some TA04 and Schumacher cars (don't know the type of them and i also don't know what kind of motors they were running) but still i was faster then those guys.

To give u an answer to your question if it's worth to buy the TT-02D version, then i must say that in my opinion i find it a challenge to have a less better car and to tune it to it's maximum and then challenge those better cars on the track.
Most of the time i'm able to have equal or better lap times then those guys with better cars and faster motors.

But this all comes down to drive the car to it's maximum abilities and to drive as smooth and as fast as you can on the track without making any mistakes.
Personal i think the TT-02 has a lot of potential, but to get the car improved to it's maximum then it will cost a lot of money.
For that money you can easily buy a TRF version.
For example, somtimes i check on sites what it would cost me for buying all the hop-up parts that can improve the cars handling of weight and without the car itself it costs easily over $300 on parts (without shipping cost or other electronics).
That's more then 2 or 3 times the cost of the car.
If that's worthed to you then you should do it, but it still is a lot of money to spend on a basic car.
Well thanx for your reply. It is good to read you also think the chassis has potential. Like u do, I like the challenge to get the max out of a car and like you put it, challenge those better cars on the track. In this case the TT-02. Dont get me wrong I love to drive those other cars like the TB-03, the TA05verII R, the TA-04 proSS Drove them all, But I find it relatively easy to compete with those cars. To be honest I had the best time (most fun) driving my TT-01 type E.. and compete with the other "better"cars..
I think its worth it to give it try again. Maybe not money wise, like you pointed out, but just for the fun of it..hahaha. and I love a challenge

Maybe we see each other at the final Belgian/Dutch Tamiyacup race at the Baanbrekers Rucphen racetrack.

Still lookin.......
Old 05-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #349
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Well thanx for your reply. It is good to read you also think the chassis has potential. Like u do, I like the challenge to get the max out of a car and like you put it, challenge those better cars on the track. In this case the TT-02. Dont get me wrong I love to drive those other cars like the TB-03, the TA05verII R, the TA-04 proSS Drove them all, But I find it relatively easy to compete with those cars. To be honest I had the best time (most fun) driving my TT-01 type E.. and compete with the other "better"cars..
I think its worth it to give it try again. Maybe not money wise, like you pointed out, but just for the fun of it..hahaha. and I love a challenge

Maybe we see each other at the final Belgian/Dutch Tamiyacup race at the Baanbrekers Rucphen racetrack.
I will be there at the belgian/dutch final, just keep in mind that a TT-02 has less possibilities to have the same low FDR then those other cars have.
It is possible to go low in FDR but when going to the Dutch/belgian final al gears and parts must be from tamiya.
In the past the belgian drivers were not allowed to use other brands of gears but from what i heard is that this will be the case for all drivers.
Cause a FF-03 chassis is unable to have the same low FDR for example as a TA05 or TA06, except when using some other brands of gears.
And that was the case last year when a FF-03 driver was faster then other cars like my TA06 or TB03 from Eric-Jan or others.
A 90T spur and a 50T pinion is the maximum you can mount in a TT-02, this will give you a FDR of 4.68.
In the super stock series the lowest FDR you can use is a 90T spur on a 46T pinion, but in this series you are only allowed to use a TT-01 or a TT-02 chassis.
In the EuroTW series i was using a FDR of 4.25, that's way lower then what can be mounted in a TT-02.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:48 AM   #350
Tech Master

Yep as above the TT02 is fun if you take it as it is and just go about trying to see what you can get out of it.

If you are not doing Tamiya races you can easily get a low FDR to be able to gear a TT02 to run anywhere.

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/04/ta...ta-blinky.html

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 AM   #351
Tech Adept

Quote:
I will be there at the belgian/dutch final, just keep in mind that a TT-02 has less possibilities to have the same low FDR then those other cars have.
It is possible to go low in FDR but when going to the Dutch/belgian final al gears and parts must be from tamiya.
In the past the belgian drivers were not allowed to use other brands of gears but from what i heard is that this will be the case for all drivers.
Cause a FF-03 chassis is unable to have the same low FDR for example as a TA05 or TA06, except when using some other brands of gears.
And that was the case last year when a FF-03 driver was faster then other cars like my TA06 or TB03 from Eric-Jan or others.
A 90T spur and a 50T pinion is the maximum you can mount in a TT-02, this will give you a FDR of 4.68.
In the super stock series the lowest FDR you can use is a 90T spur on a 46T pinion, but in this series you are only allowed to use a TT-01 or a TT-02 chassis.
In the EuroTW series i was using a FDR of 4.25, that's way lower then what can be mounted in a TT-02.
Well I would like to use the TT-02 for our local club competition. At this competition we are allowed to use every available hop-up for the car except for the 17.5T motor and a 2s lipo...
So regarding FDR I can check the tips on website The RC Racer from Qatmix and use the Yeah Racing motormount
For the Tamiyacup race I think I will join the super stock or EuroTW with the TT02. I think hahaha. Because in the EuroTW series the lowest FDR you are allowed to use is 5.0. According to my calculations, with a 90 T spur and 46 T pinion an FDR of 5.09 is achievable! Are they using the Belgian or Dutch Tamiyacup regulations for the Final in september??

Still lookin.......
Old 05-31-2014, 04:20 AM   #352
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Well I would like to use the TT-02 for our local club competition. At this competition we are allowed to use every available hop-up for the car except for the 17.5T motor and a 2s lipo...
So regarding FDR I can check the tips on website The RC Racer from Qatmix and use the Yeah Racing motormount
For the Tamiyacup race I think I will join the super stock or EuroTW with the TT02. I think hahaha. Because in the EuroTW series the lowest FDR you are allowed to use is 5.0. According to my calculations, with a 90 T spur and 46 T pinion an FDR of 5.09 is achievable! Are they using the Belgian or Dutch Tamiyacup regulations for the Final in september??
@ the belgian tamiyacup there is no FDR limit, but it's possible that they will limit the FDR at the finals cause of last years gearing problems between the dutch&belgian drivers. But i'm not sure.
Last thursday i went to Rucphen and the car was absolutely great
There is a possibility that i will join in de super stock series, just for fun and because the car is a plesure to drive.
So maybe we meet each other at the race
Old 05-31-2014, 05:58 AM   #353
Tech Adept

Quote:
@ the belgian tamiyacup there is no FDR limit, but it's possible that they will limit the FDR at the finals cause of last years gearing problems between the dutch&belgian drivers. But i'm not sure.
Last thursday i went to Rucphen and the car was absolutely great
There is a possibility that i will join in de super stock series, just for fun and because the car is a plesure to drive.
So maybe we meet each other at the race
I'm sure we see each other in Ruchpen. Haha I' ll have to decide about the topstock or Eurotw class. But for now focussing on our own clubcompetition haha this will some sort of special ops project

Still lookin.......
Old 06-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #354
Tech Regular

Anyone using the YR 55mm damper set and if so are there other larger springs that can be used for the tt02. My tt02 is riding around 19mm for off road but the rebound due to the height is minimal and quite hard. Not sure if having longer springs can help yet also retaining a taller ride height if this makes sense..
Djchow85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:02 AM   #355
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DJ I think we need a dedicated TT02 thread in the off-road section!!! :-)
Camocrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #356
Tech Fanatic

Tomorrow i will post some pictures of a fresh painted NSX 2005 body for my race spec TT-02
Old 06-04-2014, 01:53 AM   #357
Tech Fanatic

here are some pictures of my little girls fresh painted body, she will be using this body on the race spec TT-02
I did use some glitter in the red paint, she likes it a lot.

Here you can see that i totally forgot the mask of some headlights

In this picture you can see that the rear lights have been painted instead of using a decal.

In this picture you can see also her brand new DT-03 with the same paint layout.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:21 AM   #358
Tech Rookie

They look great!

I have bought a TT02 and have used this to help build it

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/05/ta...nd-review.html

The car handles well, but has anyone run a 13.5 brushless in the car as I have been told that it will work with the speed controller that comes in the kit.
shaftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #359
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaftboy View Post
They look great!

I have bought a TT02 and have used this to help build it

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/05/ta...nd-review.html

The car handles well, but has anyone run a 13.5 brushless in the car as I have been told that it will work with the speed controller that comes in the kit.
It should work with the ESC, but only if your ESC is a TBLE-02S.
This ESC should even handle up to a 10.5T motor, but you need top check the temps on the ESC cause they recommend to use a cooling fan for the ESC.
The cooling fan can be founded from tamiya, it's called the TFU-01 ESC cooling fan (part nr 45063).
Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #360
Tech Regular

Got in the mail Top cad 55mm dampers

All alloy, hopefully better than standard dampers with plastic tops and bottoms especially for off road in my TT02R. The finish is nice, they didn't include a bladder/sponge which I can easily transfer from my 55mm YR set. Time will tell.

http://www.topcad.com.hk/images/13314lb-1.jpg
Djchow85 is offline   Reply With Quote