R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #331
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Damn, the reinforced a-parts has an 8 digit part number, which means they're not readily available, and is by order. Why can't Tamiya make this an official TT02 hop-up?

By the way, if I ordered one, would it come with two trees or only one?

Last edited by Smile; 05-17-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #332
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile View Post
Damn, the reinforced a-parts has an 8 digit part number, which means they're not readily available, and is by order. Why can't Tamiya make this an official TT02 hop-up?

Mine came with 2 trees and the wheel hex's on a seperate sprue with a silver metallic coating.

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #333
Tech Regular

One thing I don't like about the jaz set are the screws. I'm not sure if it's possible to tighten the hex screw at the top as I may limit turning. Took it out to the track and the screw and collar went missing

I have a feeling the stock parts may be better as the screws stay quite tight in the plastic knuckle
Djchow85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #334
Tech Fanatic

Today i looked at the chassis to loose some weight, did some things to remove some material but not much.
The car is fully equiped (except my transponder) and i got it down to 1180gr.
It allmost weights 200 gr less then my other standard TT-02.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #335
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
Today i looked at the chassis to loose some weight, did some things to remove some material but not much.
The car is fully equiped (except my transponder) and i got it down to 1180gr.
It allmost weights 200 gr less then my other standard TT-02.
Pics please

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Old 05-23-2014, 02:03 AM   #336
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Pics please
The main things that will give the most weight saving is the battery (a 2cell lipo in a 1-cell hardcase, weights only 156gr) and a lightweight body set (80gr).
Along with some screws from alu and also titanium, i removed the battery posts & battery holder
You also save some weight with universals with alu swing shafts.
I'm still able to loose some extra weights here and there.
For example, using the alu wheel hexes (this would give a weight saving of at least 5gr but it narrows the car a few mm's) a light weight spoiler set with the spoiler stands to be trimmed inside (this will give some extra weight, about 5gr and it looks more realistic to)
You could also add some very expensive titanium wheel outdrives (53681) to the universals and this will give (so i think) another 8gr or more of weight saving)

For now i have the electronics on one site but to have a more balanced car i should re-locate the ESC to the side of the battery.
All these things will be done before the next race, my little girl runs the car in a junior series (only silvercan motor allowed).
I've been doing this because our next races are on large outdoor tracks were speed can be a big advance
When all these things are done i will do my best to take a picture of it.

So stay tuned

Last edited by addicted2blue; 05-23-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:57 AM   #337
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
The main things that will give the most weight saving is the battery (a 2cell lipo in a 1-cell hardcase, weights only 156gr) and a lightweight body set (80gr).
Along with some screws from alu and also titanium, i removed the battery posts & battery holder
You also save some weight with universals with alu swing shafts.
I'm still able to loose some extra weights here and there.
For example, using the alu wheel hexes (this would give a weight saving of at least 5gr but it narrows the car a few mm's) a light weight spoiler set with the spoiler stands to be trimmed inside (this will give some extra weight, about 5gr and it looks more realistic to)
You could also add some very expensive titanium wheel outdrives (53681) to the universals and this will give (so i think) another 8gr or more of weight saving)

For now i have the electronics on one site but to have a more balanced car i should re-locate the ESC to the side of the battery.
All these things will be done before the next race, my little girl runs the car in a junior series (only silvercan motor allowed).
I've been doing this because our next races are on large outdoor tracks were speed can be a big advance
When all these things are done i will do my best to take a picture of it.

So stay tuned
I have been making a race spec TT02 and its running very well now against the Xrays etc at our club. I have made it lighter also. I will post a pic soon. (Its not as fast as my 418, but then not much is

Old 05-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #338
Tech Fanatic

I look forward to see your car here, perhaps we can use both our ideas to have the ultimate TT-02 chassis
I will be re-locating the esc tonight and see how it turns out on the 4 weight scales.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #339
Tech Fanatic

Here are some pictures of my hoped up TT-02.
The car weights race ready 1180gr (except a personal transponder, but that's another 10gr)

I'm also being busy to modify some alu diff outdrives from a TRF417, it does fit the TT-02 but i need to have a little more space for the swing shaft protector.
I've already done 1 alu diff outdrive and it's been fitted to the rear of the TT-02 chassis.
This would be another weight saving between 4 or 5gr

Last edited by addicted2blue; 05-23-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #340
Tech Fanatic

Today i had the chance to test the car along with my other standard TT-02.
The car felt absolutely stunning, it feld well balanced, very quick acceleration and it carried a lot of speed on the straight.
The difference in (my best lap time) between the standard and the race spec TT-02 was almost a second.
Both cars had the same FDR (90T spur with a 42T pinion), that was a bit high for the track i went to but it means the car can go even faster with the correct FDR.
All in all, a very good result for all the effort i put into it.
I will continue my search for more weight saving, therefor i allready ordered the FXX 26mm wheels with an offset of 4mm. Meaning, that i'm able to mount the alu wheel hexes to save some more rotation mass and weight
Perhaps i could also clean the ball bearings to get the best rotation out of them.
I checked the lap times of the last race at the track i went to and i was even faster then the fastest guys of that day even with a slower motor
Old 05-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #341
Tech Master

Looking good I have to fit std electronics (battery). I'm waiting for my screws (titanium) to arrive before the final weigh in. I also have done slits for tape

Old 05-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #342
Tech Fanatic

I've also removed the rear lower part (the same part that must be used in front for mounting the foam bumper), now with my personal transponder fitted the car weights under 1180gr.
My goal is to get the weight down to 1170gr race ready.
I'm also thinking to mount some ball differentials, don't know if that would improve the cars handling but from what i've been reading it should improve.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #343
Tech Master

At the moment I have a gear diff in the rear (with a drop of thick grease to make it feel similar to a 2-3k oil diff.

The front has a spool at the moment, although I have got some 1000,000 putty to fit in the front diff soon to try that.

I have to run to 1350g so I am building the car around that

Old 05-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #344
Tech Fanatic

Today i went to a large outdoor track to test the car.
I was able to compare the speed with some other guys and the car was very fast.
The other guy was running a faster motor with also a bigger pinion and on the straight i was even a bit faster then him.
Will order some ball diffs to see if that will improve my fastest track times.
I will keep you informed

I'm also being busy with painting a new light weight NSX 2005 body, just need to order another lightweight rear wing.
Pictures will follow
Old 05-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #345
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile View Post

Tamiya does not use 8 digit part numbers, they are 7, 5 or 4. If you see an 8 digit, drop the first number. 9000614 is the correct part number.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote