R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #241
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 70
Default

I've owned a fair few TT01's. Next to the TT02 I have they're close but over-all for the price the TT02 is a better refined car. You'd put more money into a TT01 to get it up to a TT02 standard anyway.
Silberpfeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:52 PM   #242
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
I had the same problem on mine, and it took me half aday to figure it out, that it was not the servo, but the crappy servo saver. You always had to retrim the steering after 3-4 laps, horrible to drive. As we are not allowed to use better servo savers or direct links in our class, I simply took a TT01 saver and the steering lever arm. Problem was fixed. You have to adjust the End points new, but the TT01 saver is from far better quality. Maybe Tamiya has to fix the tolerances on the new one.
Matthias
Thanks for the reply. So I should just buy the TT01 servo parts? I think it's Tamiya part #51005?

http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1499

I tried super gluing the 3 servo saver parts together and that helped a little but it still doesn't want to center properly.
visuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #243
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 222
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by visuvius View Post
Thanks for the reply. So I should just buy the TT01 servo parts? I think it's Tamiya part #51005?

http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1499

I tried super gluing the 3 servo saver parts together and that helped a little but it still doesn't want to center properly.
Yes, this are the right parts. If I rember correctly, the parts set was already included in the kit, because TT02 uses the same suspension balls as the TT01.
Take a look in your kit before ordering.
You also need to use the included rod to connect to the steering, as the TT02 is too big for the TT01 Servo saver. With 2 plastic spacers you have to adjust to a proper angle. Hereīs a pic from mine. Notice that I mounted my servo with 2mm shims more in front of the car. If you donīt do this, you need a bigger spacer on one of the connections, to get a good working connection without too much friction. Itīs still no ball pin.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TT02 Thread-tt01-saverweb1.jpg  
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #244
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visuvius View Post
Thanks for the reply. So I should just buy the TT01 servo parts? I think it's Tamiya part #51005?

http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1499

I tried super gluing the 3 servo saver parts together and that helped a little but it still doesn't want to center properly.

You can use the tamiya 51000 too.
Its strong, and can be upgraded with alu arm.
I use it on my cars, and they are great.
The stock one is too weak probably built bash proof.
There is a picure in the previous page with it.Also u can use adjustable speering rod for even throw.
here:
Davzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #245
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 311
Default

does any one know if we can use the tt-02B knuckles and other parts so we can have adjustable rods for camber.i don't want to use yea racing parts
bosco72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #246
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davzone View Post
You can use the tamiya 51000 too.
Its strong, and can be upgraded with alu arm.
I use it on my cars, and they are great.
The stock one is too weak probably built bash proof.
There is a picure in the previous page with it.Also u can use adjustable speering rod for even throw.
here:
Nah if you want proper bash proof might as well go to steel or Ti. Tamiya (#53527) 3x32mm Titanium Turnbuckles Shafts and Tamiya (#53601) Low Friction 5mm Adjuster would do perfectly.

bosco72, we can't because the TT02 uses a pivot ball set up in the front. We could use an Eagle racing set though. ( Part number: TT02-14-PL ) It's a full set with CVD's, drive cups and turn buckles. I have a fair few Eagle racing parts and they're actually pretty strong and decent.

-Jeremy
Silberpfeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #247
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 311
Default

is it plastic because i dont want aluminum also where do u buy it from thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silberpfeil View Post
Nah if you want proper bash proof might as well go to steel or Ti. Tamiya (#53527) 3x32mm Titanium Turnbuckles Shafts and Tamiya (#53601) Low Friction 5mm Adjuster would do perfectly.

bosco72, we can't because the TT02 uses a pivot ball set up in the front. We could use an Eagle racing set though. ( Part number: TT02-14-PL ) It's a full set with CVD's, drive cups and turn buckles. I have a fair few Eagle racing parts and they're actually pretty strong and decent.

-Jeremy
bosco72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #248
Tech Rookie
 
Jessalmighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
does any one know if we can use the tt-02B knuckles and other parts so we can have adjustable rods for camber.i don't want to use yea racing parts
I've got both the tt-02 and tt-02b, and when it comes to the suspension they are very different, you won't be able to use the c hubs because they attach in a different way to the tt02, which means you won't be able to use the steering knuckles either.

Also for the money you might as well just get the adjustable turnbuckles made for the tt02 from rcmart because buying the parts needed would be a waste of money cause they don't fit, and would most likely cost the same or more than the adjustable rods on rcmart.
__________________
Tamiya TT-02


P.O.S. TEH-R31
Jessalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:15 AM   #249
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I think I'm just going to order the Yeah Racing aluminum conversion for steering and their tie rod set.

http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-tt...e-p-36566.html
http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-tt...e-p-36558.html
visuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 AM   #250
Tech Regular
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 462
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visuvius View Post
I think I'm just going to order the Yeah Racing aluminum conversion for steering and their tie rod set.

http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-tt...e-p-36566.html
http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-tt...e-p-36558.html
Yeah steering will not be allowed for tcs but you can probably get away with the tie rod set. I don't think there is too much to gain from the aluminum steering anyways. The most useful upgrade is probably a better servo saver or horn. Try Tamiya hi torque servo saver first.
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #251
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 268
Default

Wow, stock servo saver is bad on this one. Otherwise runs great totally stock.
Another minor issue, that may be an error in the manual, is in the rear shock. Including that preload ring makes the rear too stiff. My car seemed better by not including that ring on the rear shocks.
ic-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #252
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
is it plastic because i dont want aluminum also where do u buy it from thanks
broadtechonlineshop has them. Just google the part number and you'll find it.
Silberpfeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #253
Tech Master
 
sickboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 1,946
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Did you see all the new Tamiya hop-ups at the Nuremburg show?
54555 frp battery plate and transponder stay
54556 front frp damper stay
54557 rear frp damper stay
54558 aluminum motor mount
54559 low friction suspension balls
54571 aluminum motor heat sink
54574 aluminum steering set
54575 aluminum steering bridge
__________________
Tamiya America www.tamiyausa.com
Team TRF www.teamtrf.com
Pro-Line www.prolineracing.com
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #254
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,185
Default

yes, they have all been announced before. The FRP damper stays are for the TT02-B off road cars
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:54 AM   #255
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I wonder when this stuff will be available. I'd love to get my hands on the steering upgrades.
visuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0