R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #226
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just use a13 and widen the rear. Front looks okay. However, wider rear makes for a aggressive rear end
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #227
Tech Apprentice

Here's my TT02. Running a Speed Passion GT2.0 LPF Bluestar, Speed Passion V3 MMM 13.5t, DX3R pro and a Savox 1251mg. Also, there are no stickers on the shell. It's all paint.

-Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TT02 Thread-013.jpg   Tamiya TT02 Thread-032.jpg   Tamiya TT02 Thread-037.jpg  

Last edited by Silberpfeil; 01-15-2014 at 03:18 AM.
Silberpfeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:57 AM   #228
Tech Master

Looks great

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #229
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That was a lot of decals!

I still need to widen the wheelbase. This is gonna be super fun on the Tamiya track.

Okay so I have a problem.

Earlier I thought A13 was for the rear and C6 was for the front but thats not the case. They are both used together for the rear to get wider tread which is what I need to make the wheels sit flush. The problem is my kit did not come with part C6 and according to a comment some dude posted on that TT02 blog, his didn't come with it either for the Capri. Our kits just came with the shorter axle. This seems like an error or something on Tamiya's part. Should I contact them or am I still doing something wrong?

Last edited by visuvius; 01-15-2014 at 08:41 PM.
visuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #230
Tech Apprentice

It looks like the rear wheels are built like the front. The barrels ( Outer sliver parts ) need to be flipped around for more offset. As you can see in the Tamiya promo photo the rear wheels have a lot more dish than the front.

-Jeremy
Silberpfeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #231
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silberpfeil View Post
It looks like the rear wheels are built like the front. The barrels ( Outer sliver parts ) need to be flipped around for more offset. As you can see in the Tamiya promo photo the rear wheels have a lot more dish than the front.

-Jeremy
Okay I will try flipping the rear wheels. I guess I still don't understand why they give you part A13 but no C6.

Yeah that totally fixed my issue, I hadn't even thought about flipping the wheels. Thanks!

Last edited by visuvius; 01-15-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #232
Tech Adept

Hi guys,
just rebuilding my TT02 for this years spec class Racing.
I noticed, that with the rear suspension limiters and CVA-Dampers built according TT01 manual, the TT02 has much more front than rear droop.
So I wanted to ask the Racers here, if anyone already experimented with different internal spacers on the front, to reduce max. lengths (and droop).
I didnīt see a shock manual from Tamiya so far, that suggests how to set up the lengths.

Br,
Matthias
Old 01-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #233
Tech Master

I added a spacer in the font to dial out more of the front droop. I prefer the rear to have a little more droop than the front. (Albeit both quite similar in range)

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #234
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

building my TT02 currently, and is targeting to use the 90T/ 50T tamiya spur/ pinion combo.

so, happily picked up my dremel, and start working away... and shit happens when i was a little bit impatient.

the pic speaks a thousand words.

so now, all those who have dremeled their motor cover, can post some pics to share.

spot the minor hole that appeared when i overdo it?
viktozzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #235
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
I added a spacer in the font to dial out more of the front droop. I prefer the rear to have a little more droop than the front. (Albeit both quite similar in range)
Thanks Qatmix for the info, that was exactly the answer I searched.
Probably I have to make some trials how much will be good on mine. As we have some higher Plastic curbs, too less droop always ends with flying high when hitting one.

Br,
Matthias
Old 01-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #236
Tech Fanatic

I've used a dremel to for more space in de gear cover, but i was more patient
This wknd my youngest girl will be racing the TT-02, i put more spacers in de rear shocks so the weight transfer goes towards the rear.
Just the avoid over steering and have a better rear grip.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #237
Tech Apprentice

I'm having trouble dialing in the steering on my TT02. It doesn't seem to want to go straight. What things should I be looking at?

Also I was told adding shims to take out slop is something I should do. What should I use for shims? Do you guys just use small, thin washers or something?
Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #238
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by visuvius View Post
I'm having trouble dialing in the steering on my TT02. It doesn't seem to want to go straight. What things should I be looking at?

I had the same problem on mine, and it took me half aday to figure it out, that it was not the servo, but the crappy servo saver. You always had to retrim the steering after 3-4 laps, horrible to drive. As we are not allowed to use better servo savers or direct links in our class, I simply took a TT01 saver and the steering lever arm. Problem was fixed. You have to adjust the End points new, but the TT01 saver is from far better quality. Maybe Tamiya has to fix the tolerances on the new one.

Also I was told adding shims to take out slop is something I should do. What should I use for shims? Do you guys just use small, thin washers or something?
From over 8 years experience with the TT01, Iīd say let the slop as it is. It doesnīt effect the lap times on a TT. It just becomes strange to drive and is unnecessary work. Steering links is maybe the only exception. There you should check from time to time.

Br,
Matthias
Old 01-26-2014, 01:08 AM   #239
Tech Rookie

Hi guys I have a problem with my TT02B. I know this thread is just for the TT02 but bear with me because they have the exact same running gear. Ok so the bevel gear which connects the driveshaft to the diff has been stripped, not the teeth, but the inside of the bevel gear which gets the power from the driveshaft. I am running the exact same setup as my TT02 touring car, 5.5T brushless 6000kv w/ 60A esc. With this setup I have had zero problems on my touring TT02 but the power may be too great for the TT02B.
For those who don't know the TT02B is an offroad buggy, same chassis as the TT02 but with a completely different suspension system.

So anyway I was wondering whether you guys know where to get a metal bevel gear so it won't get stripped out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.O.S. TEH-R31
Jessalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #240
Tech Rookie

so with the tt02 out now, is it ok to still get a tto1 or is it just stupid?

they are the same price on rcmart.
bravo831 is offline   Reply With Quote