R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #181
Tech Apprentice

Right, confused. Maybe there is an instruction sheet missing from my Capri Gr5 kit but how do you assemble the split rim wheels? Which "way" round is right and what screws are you meant to use to bolt them together? The main manual only shows normal disc wheels and the only supplement sheet I got is for assembling the bodyshell.
Mini35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #182
Tech Rookie

I'm really tempted to buy this kit since it's so cheap. I've never built a car at all. What is the build like on the TT02? I assume simple? How long does the build take? I've read that anyone could build the TT01s.

I got my first RC car a couple of months ago, it was a RTR. I've read through the build and review of the TT02 on this site as well and I'm thinking $130 bucks for this car with shipping could be worth it.

I know I require a servo but I don't know which one to buy as again I'm new to the hobby and am still reading lots. Id like this to be a drift car. I think I'll price out some hop ups and see what this comes too. After the initial purchase, I don't think I'd ever add anything to this car again. I think it's more for the experience of building one of these things
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

It's a nice and easy kit to put together the bodies are harder to do than the chassis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franjo View Post
I'm really tempted to buy this kit since it's so cheap. I've never built a car at all. What is the build like on the TT02? I assume simple? How long does the build take? I've read that anyone could build the TT01s.

I got my first RC car a couple of months ago, it was a RTR. I've read through the build and review of the TT02 on this site as well and I'm thinking $130 bucks for this car with shipping could be worth it.

I know I require a servo but I don't know which one to buy as again I'm new to the hobby and am still reading lots. Id like this to be a drift car. I think I'll price out some hop ups and see what this comes too. After the initial purchase, I don't think I'd ever add anything to this car again. I think it's more for the experience of building one of these things
reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Liked my first TT02 so much I just ordered this beauty from tower hobbies today!

TT02 Rally Got some new wheels and tires!

reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #185
Tech Master

I took my TT02 out today at my local club. The car is running really well (I fitted some TRFshocks and added thick oil in the front diff. I got 37laps, (as opposed to 41 with my 417v5. Pretty impressive considering I still need to tune the shocks (oils too soft)

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #186
Tech Fanatic

the car does indeed run great, but what a bummer on those steering blocks.
They are way to fragile for this type of vehicle.
My youngest girl drives the TT-02 and she already broke 6 steering blocks with just small impacts.
Everytime at the same spot, everytime at the lower part of the steering block.
The last one she broke is glued back to 1 piece and i will try to fit the steering block back in the car but with the glued part on top and see how it goes from there.
On narrow technical tracks she will be running the TT-01 and the TT-02 will be used on larger tracks.
She drives pretty well for a young girl with almost no practice experience but she is Always scared to go full throttle cause of the steering blocks that are to fragile, resulting in loosing places to the end of the race.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #187
Tech Adept

Arent there any other options regarding the steering blocks?? Maybe from an othter type of Tamiya chassis??? I dont own a TT02 (yet) but most of the time a lot of Tamiya parts are interchangeable...

But then again if any of those options were useable, people already tried it right?

Still lookin.......
http://jdskyline.blogspot.nl
JD Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #188
Tech Master

I have broken one front upright after quite a lot of running. It also broke in the same place you mentioned above.

As to actual blocks, I have a plan for rear toe adjustment that might work, I just need time to do some actual wrenching.

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/05/ta...nd-review.html

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Old 11-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #189
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
I have broken one front upright after quite a lot of running. It also broke in the same place you mentioned above.

As to actual blocks, I have a plan for rear toe adjustment that might work, I just need time to do some actual wrenching.

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/05/ta...nd-review.html
I've been thinking to use some sandpaper to get the surface of the front steering block rougher and then applying some glue to give the steering block some extra strength.
Not sure if it would help but it's something that i will try
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #190
Tech Rookie

Has anyone got any tips for racing a TT02 on asphalt? what would be good tires to run?
shaftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #191
Tech Master

I run with Sorex 32's

I found 45wt oil in the front and rear shocks, and Tamiya blue springs (Front) and Yellow (Rear) is a good starting point. I also have the shocks tops mounted to the outer holes at the front and the inner holes at the rear.

This is just a starting set-up, do you have oil shocks? have you added turnbuckles for steering toe-in / out etc?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #192
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
I run with Sorex 32's

I found 45wt oil in the front and rear shocks, and Tamiya blue springs (Front) and Yellow (Rear) is a good starting point. I also have the shocks tops mounted to the outer holes at the front and the inner holes at the rear.

This is just a starting set-up, do you have oil shocks? have you added turnbuckles for steering toe-in / out etc?
It seems the TRF are the only shocks available. Do you believe its possible to run the Plastic oil shocks (CVA) from the TT-01E or TB-03?
djfourmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #193
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfourmoney View Post
It seems the TRF are the only shocks available. Do you believe its possible to run the Plastic oil shocks (CVA) from the TT-01E or TB-03?
I am using the plastic shocks from my TB03 on the TT02 now. They fit fine.
ErikJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #194
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJan View Post
I am using the plastic shocks from my TB03 on the TT02 now. They fit fine.
According to Tamiya any sedan shock will work. Standard CVA's run $25 or so in various places. I just wonder if you need the longer bottom shock mount found on the TT-01 Rally kits to give them another 3mm in ride height to use the TT-02 Rally Raised Configuration?

My main problem now is locating a the semi-assembled chassis with radio (2.4Ghz) #57984

Seems as those only the Asian dealers have it, I just can't seem to get over the cost of shipping, even if it will be cheaper overall than buying it from Tower when its finally in stock

$100.81 + $46 Shipping = $148 vs $184 - $20 off + free ship = $164

Last edited by djfourmoney; 11-20-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: New Information
djfourmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #195
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Skyline View Post
Arent there any other options regarding the steering blocks?? Maybe from an othter type of Tamiya chassis??? I dont own a TT02 (yet) but most of the time a lot of Tamiya parts are interchangeable...

But then again if any of those options were useable, people already tried it right?
Any photos? I do want to see where it would break first after I've built mine.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote