Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Corally Owners Club v1.* >

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Old 03-04-2002, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by King-G
nice pic B.K, what camera were you using?.

the night time activities were definately the highlights for me and Oasis, chatting to all of the mechanics over pit wall at 11pm, with no-one else left in the circuit, got some great info from the williams crew, really interesting guys to talk to.

B.K did you manage to score any autographs?..

Im looking to offload some of mine which I doubled up on...

I'm heading into the F1 shop at lunch time to see what their worth

(including JPM x3, R schu x2, trulli, D.C, Irvine, Rubens, heidfeld, massa, sato, EJ, Fisi, ...etc

gotta save up for the x-box...heheh
My camera is a Sony F707 digital, the best digital camera money can buy!

I did not get any autographs, didn't bother , my mate did get Steven Johnson's (but he's a ford driver )

What items did you get signed?? Hats, Shirts???
Old 03-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

got a heap of photos signed by f1 and v8 drivers, program, and bmw team talk magazing cover by ralf...montoya signed a a4 sized photo for me...

it was an awesome week, the best I have been to thus far, the race was pretty dramatic, and its a great start to the season..

b.k..can you email me any pics of Ralf, or montoya...?..

those are awesome quality pics...where you in fangio stand, or prost?

btw, my email is [email protected]
Old 03-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by King-G
got a heap of photos signed by f1 and v8 drivers, program, and bmw team talk magazing cover by ralf...montoya signed a a4 sized photo for me...

it was an awesome week, the best I have been to thus far, the race was pretty dramatic, and its a great start to the season..

b.k..can you email me any pics of Ralf, or montoya...?..

those are awesome quality pics...where you in fangio stand, or prost?

btw, my email is [email protected]
No worries i will put together a collection of pics for you. I was seated in the Senna stand. Next year i think i will get tickets for the Jones stand.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah KingG and I had it large big time. Lots of cool things.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by davidl
Dark & Mike - So I read into this that your selection was based on trick design plus realism. I am throwing out the cost issue because I understand that after you have bought all of the hop ups and tricks, you have spent as much as the cost of the Corally. I am surprised because I thought performance meant something, too.
davidl: what you have to consider is that I already have a fully(and I mean FULLY) hopped up Tamiya F103RS, that I got a great deal on, if I want to race. Performance isn't really an issue here, we don't even know if we'll have a class to run the car in. Its more about having a unique car, with lots of features. I don't know exactly what your looking for. Are you trying to figure out why I'm picking the F201 over the Corally F1? If thats the case, for me at least, I listed my reasons before. Actually if I were looking for the best performing F1 out there, I would probably go with my hopped up F103RS or the Cross. I don't really know anything about the Corally car, so thats another reason.

But, theres only one 4wd, fully independant suspension, F1 car out right now, so thats what I'm going for. To top it off, it comes with the body of my favorite F1 team and driver. So as you can see, for me its a no-brainer!
Old 03-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

I posted my photos from the F1GP on my site, they're pretty ordinary photos compared to some of you guys ones, but hey there up there anyway!!

http://www.cookieitsallgood.com/comp..._2002_p1.shtml

Old 03-06-2002, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

DavidL- Ditto what Darkseid said. There's isn't an F1 class racing where I'm at and when me and some friends started one the class just slowly withered do to lack of interest- I think people just didn't like the way the pan car style performance worked on the bumpy old tarmac around here- nothing we could really do about that. But the realism and cool factor of the new breed of F1 already has me and some others jumping at the first chance to run 'em. Getting people excited and maybe show up to race a class other than sedan is half the battle anymore around here.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:07 AM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: we are working on getting people back into the F1 class here. I don't know how it will turn out as far as holding peoples interest, but we have at least three guys(minimum thats needed to have a class here) that are really geared up to do the F1 this year. I think once people see how much fun we're having, they'll want to join in.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Got some questions for you guys.

Why doesn't any of the setups for the C4.1 use the upper hole in the front suspension arm.

And does anybody use the hole in the hub for the rear shocks. And if so, what hole do you mount the shock to on the shock tower.

Just wondering. I'm looking to play around with the setup on my C4.1.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Darkseid

The upper hole on the front suspension arm will provide a slightly stiffer wheel rate at the tyre contact patch. This is fine I reckon if you want a bit faster reaction and a bit more front grip for the same chassis roll.

I do find however that the suspension travel is compromised at normal ride height and droop settings (say 5mm/8mm) so the up travel will be decreased and the shock will bottom out on itself, which is a really bad thing! At that point the afore mentioned wheel rate instantaneously goes to infinity which is obviously way outside the poor tyre's traction circle and the car will then proceed to understeer.

I have been running the rear shocks on the hubs on my car lately, with the it mounted in the 3rd hole from the outside on the tower.

A thing to note here is if using wide rims (>24mm) the plastic spring retainer needs to be spaced to be flush with the top of the ball cup so it doesn't rub on the wheel rim. Also a spacer may be needed at the top to ensure the shock doesn't bind with the tower. Remember that this increases the wheel rate enourmously so a grade lower in spring rate may be required.

See photos:
http://www.cookieitsallgood.com/comp...y_c41_p1.shtml

I have found this to limit the chassis roll a lot, which resulted in faster times for both foam and rubber tyres. This also makes it change direction faster and carry more corner speed. If the track surface you run on is slippery then don't bother with this change as it reduces maximum grip achieved at the rear end, you'll find it makes the car skatey at the rear end with sudden oversteer characteristics. Some people I have told this to liked it, and some thought it was worse! It all depends on other factors too, like the rest of the car setup, driving style and track grip.

If you want some more setup ideas I have also posted some setups:
http://www.cookieitsallgood.com/comp...ps_index.shtml

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Cookie; 03-08-2002 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Thanks for the detailed response Cokkie.
Old 03-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

HEY!..

thats Cookie to you..

weak dude..hehehe

massive disrespecta...

booyakasha

ps. my weekend at teh track sucked big Kahun'as
Old 03-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Over here in Sydney, we had MECA Round 1 on the weekend, the first round of the popular 4 round championship. The track was Helles Park (2001 1/8th Worlds track).

My car ran good, but i was not game enough to push the rollout as far as the eventual winners. I finished 6th in the A final.

1st = Stewart Grant - XXX-S
2nd = Darrin Campbell - XRAY
3rd = Tim Lui - XRAY
4th = Micheal Clark - XRAY
5th = Ari Bakla - Corally
6th = Paul Smith - Corally
7th = Jake Zarb - Corally
8th = Adam Davies - XRAY

the three of us Corally drivers were stuck with each other for almost the entire race, very similar performance. All drivers finished on the same lap except for Stewart who snuck across the line for an extra lap.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You guys needed a Mission driver to help break things up!
Old 03-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Oasis2001
You guys needed a Mission driver to help break things up!
BagOfSkill was there with his mission, he raced in stock, no idea how he went.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.