R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-03-2003, 06:47 PM   #1186
Tech Regular

hey guy's does anyone know if a company makes sway bars for corally c4.1's or if you ve made your own hybrids what part's did you use and how i want to try some out and have a play with see if it makes me any faster
fasterdanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:07 PM   #1187
Tech Regular

Firstly: No! There aren't any Corally or aftermarket sway bars available.

I have found that the car doesn't really need sway bars when running on foam tyres. I didn't run any at the Summer Nats and I believe that both Ari and Jakey took theirs off or went to a soft bar.

But if you are keen to make some still then talk to Ari or Jake or get some photos of their cars. I think they used some TA03 parts and various turnbuckles etc ...... they looked good though.
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 12:22 AM   #1188
Tech Regular

thanks andy i'll look into it futher have you seen what jakes done to his corally i heard that he shortened the wheel base a little i would of thought it would have been easier to just pick up one of the c4 euro edition's a much shorter wheel base they go for 300 dollars i have one and there very good indors on a small track but the momnt you start going down to 10's 9's and 8's on a fast track it becomes a little twitchy but you can pick it up a little on the infeild like at the eastern creek nat's although i didn't use it there

hey mabye if jake read's this post he can tell me what he's done to it
Old 02-04-2003, 02:05 AM   #1189
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fasterdanu - who is this?
Old 02-04-2003, 03:46 AM   #1190
che
Tech Regular

Good Luck to all the Corally drivers who are able to make it to Snowbirds this week!!
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:53 PM   #1191
Tech Regular

The wheelbase mod I developed a few months back and told Ari and Jake who both tried it and liked it (I think!)

The idea was not solely to simply shorten the wheelbase. The C4.1 is an improvement on the C4 euro so it would be rediculous to use an old car for this reason!!

The real reason for changing the wheelbase is in the static weight distribution. Most people who have shortened the C4.1 wheelbase have moved the rear arms forward but what this also does is move the weight distribution more over the rear wheels and away from the front, which is a bad idea I reckon when more on power and high speed steering is desired!

What I did was move the front arms backwards so that the weight distribution is moved more over the front wheels.

By moving the arms back ~6mm the weight dist. becomes about 50% front/rear which I found was way better on the track. The kit layout/wheelbase before this mod leaves about 30 grams more on the rear end than the front, this is about a 2% change but seemed to make a big difference to the steering ability of this car.

BTW I have taken some pics of my car including this mod so hopefully will get them sorted and formatted and on my site soon.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:59 PM   #1192
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Besercoe
Fasterdnu - who is this?
my mum say's never talk to strangers and never tell them your name

put it this way i race mod got a gold car (at the moment) and like corally's alot
Old 02-05-2003, 12:07 AM   #1193
Tech Regular

so andy did you just file back the rear of the arm then use the same spacers that are used for adjusting castor and stick one or two at the front that way when you want to change back to the original you just slip the spacers behind the arm. (hey that wasn't to hard to figure out )

1 question because the bottom arm where the shock is mouted has been moved back should the shock be left alone or should it have a couple of washers put in front to keep the same geometry.

2 will his also adjust the amout of castor you can and can't get
Old 02-05-2003, 09:18 AM   #1194
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

With the pan cars, and that "bag of goo" (at least thats what RCCA called it) is there supposed to be like a cover you put on it or something? just curious. btw, check out my avatar (its Speedy Cerviche from Samurai Pizza Cats)
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:29 AM   #1195
Tech Regular

Yep, there are 2 rubber boots. It still attracts carpet fluff though!
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:04 AM   #1196
Tech Regular

faster -

Basically yes. I actually cut the rear portion of the arm carefully and used this as the spacer but the castor spacers would do the same job, probably better.
I also cut the rear off the top arm as well so the castor adjustment remains the same.

1. I placed some spacers between the bottom of the shock and the arm so the shock angle remains the same.

2. Given what I said above the castor adjustment remains the same. I try to run about 4 degrees usually.

Note: The droop tab on the right lower arm has to be removed to clear the diff pulley, and the droop screws would now miss the cross tube anyway, which means droop adjustment must be achieved by other means.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:34 AM   #1197
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Another weekend of total Corally domination in the 8th round of the National championships.

Beginners Stock Class - touring cars 190mm:
1st Jean Vella - Yokomo MR4 using Corally motors and cells.

Pro stock Class - touring cars 190mm:
1st Joe Anastasi (that's me) - Yokomo MR4 - Corally motors and cells.

Modified Touring cars 190mm:
1st Joshua Anastasi (my son) - Associated TC3 - Corally motors and cells.

A bit of a clean sweep, don't you think.

Josh now has 8 wins from 8 starts this season and leads the Malta championship comfortably.

With my 4th win this weekend I too have extended my lead in the Pro Stock class.

Still a long way - 7 rounds to go.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:26 AM   #1198
Tech Regular

Has anyone seen these pics?
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 05:19 AM   #1199
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Strange that Corally UK should have these pictures on their site even before the actual factory site in Holland.

Nevertheless, what a beauty. Corally engineering is still the ultimate.

Point is - will it assasinate!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:20 AM   #1200
Tech Adept

Default <<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for the link we have not had a chance to see the new updates on the car. The updated parts where not available in time to get them to Corally USA to run at the Snowbird Nationals. Rob made a few adjustments on his own and had some sway bars made for his prototype. I watched him in one of the practice heats last night and his car was very fast and cornering very well. He was running 19t spec with the direct drive set-up.

Last edited by ECHOLogic; 02-06-2003 at 08:32 AM.
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote