R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-14-2002, 02:01 AM   #1111
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Steevo
In all honesty Paul what is the Parts back up like for the C4.1 at the moment. I mean how long would I have to wait to get a part for it and where would be the best place in Australia to buy them from?? Also will the parts be available for some time or will they become hard to get after the release of the new model?

Steevo
Parts support is good, all parts are available from any Hobby Shop in Australia that deals with Hobby Express. The C4.1 is not really a parts hungry car, arms don't break etc etc. The parts most requested as spares are lower hinge pins, plastic pulleys and bumpers.

Parts syupply will continue to be good for the C4.1, even when the new car comes out as there are alot of racers in Australia with the C4 and C4.1.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:05 AM   #1112
Tech Fanatic

Sounds good so far Paul.
Is there an alloy centre pulley/oneway option available? Also how is the chassis Insulated around the battery slots??

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 02:15 AM   #1113
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Steevo
Sounds good so far Paul.
Is there an alloy centre pulley/oneway option available? Also how is the chassis Insulated around the battery slots??

Steevo
the centre pulley is as supplied in the kit, metal roller oneway with plastic pulley. one way front diffs are available as an option.

The cells sit is a plastic tray fitted to the slots in the chassis.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:25 AM   #1114
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for you help Paul.
I am pretty sure that I will be giving the C4.1 the nod over the others. I was going to choose the Xray but the parts cost a bomb. And the price on some of the hop ups are bordering on the rediculous. (Just my opinion!!)
One last thing, how do you find those turnbuckles to adjust? I have read that they can be a pain to get a tool on to.

Steevo
Old 12-14-2002, 02:32 AM   #1115
Tech Champion

i use lunsford turnbuckles on my C4.1, or with the corally turnbuckles you can use a 1mm allen key slotted through a small whole which is drilled through the turnbuckle. the blue alloy Tamiya turnbuckle wrench would also work.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:36 AM   #1116
Tech Fanatic

Thanks mate,
I'll let you know if and when I get My C4.1.

Cheers
Steevo
Old 12-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #1117
Pat
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Pat

Hi Steevo !

To adjust the turnbuckles I use a long body clip with a 90 degree angle bent about 8mm from the end , this way it is easy to get it in and out of the hole in the small space.

I wish you luck with your C4.1 , you will not be disappointed with it.

Kind Regards
Pat.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 07:42 PM   #1118
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man, this thread is headed for the THIRD PAGE!

I guess I'll rescue it.

With a new car coming out, you would think there would be enough updates or at least gossip to keep this thread at least on the front page.

Come on Corally, throw us a bone to keep our interest up.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:18 PM   #1119
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

Sorry guys!!!! I have not had anything to release. With the hollidays I have been very busy. I will see what I can dig up this week. Corally B/V normaly shuts down a little before Christmas till after the new year. There have not been very many races since Cleveland and I have not heard of any reports from Sakke or Simmo. I believe that the next race for the new car is the LRP race. I will keep you guys posted as I have things that I can release. I too have hated to see this thread drop soo far but I just have not had any info.

This thread does not just have to be about the new touring car. The SP12M is becoming a very popular car and there were many of them at the Cleveland race. The Modified motors and the Batteries are getting hot also.

Does everybody know that Corally has changed their Matching Process for their Batteries? I may not have remembered to inform you guys of this since the new touring car was taking the stage when this happened.

Have there been any "good" spy shots of the new car yet? The one that Orion posted was a VERY controled photo. Corally should be in control of the U.N. since they can protect an R/C car better than the U.N. can protect their own "TOP SECRET" information

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 01:39 AM   #1120
Tech Initiate

Do anyone know when the new rear end to the 12M that was shown is planned to be in production? Will it be sold as "upgrade" kit?
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 06:26 AM   #1121
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JANTLE
Corally should be in control of the U.N. since they can protect an R/C car better than the U.N. can protect their own "TOP SECRET" information

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:11 PM   #1122
Tech Regular

i've got a coupple off pics of the new corally not in great detail in one of my magazines the new design is a bit like the tc3 with a beltdrive and a carbonfibre chasis both diff's look as if they are off set balanceing out the car more this makeing the motor mounting position closer to the centeral line of the chasisand now your cels would be mounted in like a ladder instead of on a diagonal
fasterdanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 07:16 PM   #1123
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

Robert.... The new rear end parts for the 12M are planed to release late Jan. to early Feb. At least that was the last I was told. It will be offered as an upgrade. I have not heard of any plans to make it a standard kit though. It is a little more complex and harder to tune than the normal set-up so it may not be as newbe friendly.

Darkseid.... You like that huh?? I do not like to mix politics and racing but I just could not resist.

Fasterdanu.... It sounds like those were pictures of a earlier prototype. Many things are still the same but I don't think that it is anything like a TC3. I think that the car is on it's 3rd or 4th revision now. When the team left Cleveland they had more ideas as to what to do to the car next.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 03:45 AM   #1124
Tech Initiate

TNX for the info about the new rear end. We will use some of the parts for a proto we are testing. My proto designer meet Corally teamdriver Teemu Saarinen some month ago and discussed the new rear that he also had. It was fun to hear some of the ideas that made the new rear end. One of em was a low rollcenter...

We found out that we had developed a even more stable rear with smooth driving response. It will be complete with the new tri mount upper and the dampertubes.

We will make a CAD proto after the holidays. I will post some images of it when it's closer to production finish.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 08:56 AM   #1125
Regional Moderator

JANTLE: so has Corally even got a general idea of when they'll reach a production model? I'm running with a kinda "in-between" car during the carpet season, and was trying to get an idea of what I might be running come out-door season. I'm thinking it will be the new Corally car, but there doesn't seem to be an end to the car's developement cycle anywhere in site.

Yeah, I did like that comparison.....that was pretty funny. I bet there are a lot of important people who wish they could keep something under wraps as well as Corally has with its new car!