R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-27-2002, 05:49 AM   #1081
Tech Master

Thanks Jeff. I'll keep a look out.

It's pissing with rain here right now. i was hoping to spend the afternoon at the track, but no such luck.

Still hopefully if it does it all now it may clear up for the weekend.

I'll get on and do our motors now, whilst it's quiet in the shop.

Good luck.

Joe from.....not so sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 01:26 PM   #1082
che
Tech Regular

Default New 1/12th Corally

Team-Orion have posted some news and highlights about the first day of Cleveland.
They have also posted some pics of the new Corally 1/12th car the team is testing there.

http://www.team-orion.ch/live/results-cars.asp?id=138

Che
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #1083
Tech Adept

Quick info from Cleveland thread:

TC Mod
1. Mike Blackstock-TC3
2. David Spashett-Losi
3. Barry Baker-TC3
4. Brian Kinwald-Losi
5. Mike Dumas-TC3
6. Walter Henderson-TC3
7. Eric Desrosiers-TC3
8. Paul Lemiuex-Losi
9. Mike McMahon-Shumacher
10. Sakke Ahonemi-Corally

Info after 2 rounds, thread does not have a listing for 1/12 yet.

ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 10:44 AM   #1084
Tech Adept

Posted on Cleveland thread:

ECHOlogic-I believe they are running the new car. Atleast they were practicing alot with that car at the test track. I know their car was a little pushy at the practice track and since then they have put on the TL Alfa body to get steering.

Todd Hodge
Team Losi/Trinity

Yes, I checked with Corally USA they are running the proto-type: Rob, Sakke, and Simo. Sakke and Simo are both in the
1/12 A main after 3 rounds. Sakke just got bumped out of the A for the 3rd round of touring. Mike Bruce is in the A stock touring after 3 rounds.

Check the Cleveland thread and the Orion Site they have info. The Orion site has pictures of the hop-ups for the SP12m.

As for pictures no can do Corally is pitting in there room and no pics allowed.

Last edited by ECHOLogic; 11-30-2002 at 10:46 AM.
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 11:46 PM   #1085
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE
Default cLEVELAND UPDATE!!!!!!

First off I would like to say that I am sorry for not posting anything on Cleveland until now. We have been very busy tending to our cars and other team members. That being said, On to the updates....... We are very very happy with the way that our cars have been handling!!! The real battle is the traffic on the track as well as some driving mistakes on our own part. I think that they should rename this race "Battle-Bot Racing" It has been very tough to make a clean run since the speeds are insane!!!! The protptypes are being used in touring and 1/12th as well as the tried and true C4.1. We are proud to say that the new touring car stood up to the competition in many ways. Simo is placed 7th in the A main with the Prototype, and Sakke was very close but did not get much help from the traffic. The only three manufactures in the A main are Associated, Losi, And CORALLY!!!! I think that the world should take notice that Corally is on the move!!! This is a big test for this car and soo far it is standing up well!! HPI was using a proto-type and it will be in the lower mains as well as some other well known cars. (We will not mention one of them) All in all it has been a very productive race.

As for the new parts for the 12m, they are working very well also. Sakke has placed his in the A and Simo just missed it. The new parts are simmilar to what Sakke used at the worlds. They are new rear end parts that make the car handle even better!!

Well it has been a long day (20+ hours to be exact) and it is time to get my 4 hours of sleep. I will give a team update after the mains are run.

I will answer questions when I get a chance between rounds please post them and I will get you the answers.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 12:06 AM   #1086
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

WOW 7th is an awsome effort! go Corally!

what no XRAYS in the A's...lol

Last edited by black-knight; 12-01-2002 at 03:32 AM.
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 04:49 AM   #1087
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

So how was Cleveland for Corally in the end? can we now have some pictures!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:13 AM   #1088
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by black-knight
....can we now have some pictures!
Now your just dreaming!

I told you, the way their going, the first time anyone will see the car is when the crack the seal on the box!

That qualifying result is good to hear for Corally. It makes you wonder how well smaller teams could do if they limited the number of drivers teams could bring to an event. You know, so 80% of the total entries wouldn't be from only two teams.

I must say, I'm surprised to see Schumacher, Yokomo and HPI didn't get at least one car into the A-main.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:20 PM   #1089
Tech Regular

Default Cleveland Test Complete!!!!!!

What an exciting weekend for Corally!!!! The competition was extreemly tough and we all walked away with smiles on our faces. We could have had two cars in each of the A mains. The cars were fast enough but driving mistakes and race carnage kept one car out of each main. We learned alot about what still needs done to the car. Parts still had to be made and adjusted even at the race. Now the car must keep testing on diffrent surfaces and diffrent tires to make sure that it can be adjusted to all types of racing. Also a base set-up needs to be found that can get a racer beginning on all difrent types of tracks. The new touring car is still in question as to the release. Work is still being done to ensure that it is the best touring car on the market and can be used in any condition. It is down to geometry and arm design. Many alloy parts were used and the car was still under weight by a decent margin. All in all the race was a great test. It proved to be one of the top 3 designs and it is not even done yet.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 12-02-2002, 02:45 PM   #1090
Tech Regular

BTW.... Simmo finished 7th in the touring final and Sakke finnished 10th in the 1/12th final since he stripped a spur gear with all that Corally horsepower. (Simmo did the same in the 1/12th B main.) Sakke broke a prototype part in his touring B final. As for the rest of us it was a little disappointing since we could not get a good run in the stock class. (Battle-Bot Class) I adjusted myself right out of the weekend by trying silly stuff for car and motor set-up. I should have stuck with my standard carpet set-up. Michael Bruce had his C4.1 in the B stock final and Rob and Shad never got a clean run. 1/12th went the same way as far as not getting clean runs. Part of the reason there was soo much carnage on the track was there was a rule in place the there was no talking on the drivers stand!!! Not only do I think that this was silly it should be encouraged so people know when to overtake another car and when not to. You just had to guess that the car you were overtaking was going to let you go but many times that was not the case. Now it is time to get ready for the Snowbirds Race. This has grown to be another one of the biggest carpet races of the year and we will be there!!!!

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 12-02-2002, 06:10 PM   #1091
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by black-knight
WOW 7th is an awsome effort! go Corally!

what no XRAYS in the A's...lol

I wasnt aware that the Xray team were there, am i mistaken?

Although it is great to see another manufacturer put the cat among the american pidgeons. I bet there were some very unhappy campers
Old 12-02-2002, 06:45 PM   #1092
Tech Regular

Yes the xray team was there. Ralf Burch drove his very well but fell a little short. I am sure that they are not very happy that the prototype sliped in above their new car.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:32 PM   #1093
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Both of the new Corally's look very promising. The 12th scale was extremely impressive.

Ralph had it in the main, but Andrew Gray took him out and Hodge got in. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Team driving there maybe

Take care Jeff and come down to race with us sometime. You will get a lot faster and get that car working well.

Rob Love
Old 12-05-2002, 08:26 AM   #1094
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default SECOND PAGE???

What is this thread doing on the second page of the board when Orion News has posted two spy pics of the car? I figured everyone would be here talking about the pics, and here the thread is on the second page.

O'well time to move the thread on....

up
upup
upupup
upupupup
upupupupup
upup
upup
upup
upup
upup
Old 12-05-2002, 08:33 AM   #1095
Tech Master

Hi Guys. Greetings from Malta.

Saw those pics on the Orion site, but you can't really see much of the car.

From what you can see it looks like the two belt car, but the really interesting one is the single belt job.

Can someone confirm which ones Sakke and Simo used.

Whatever it was it was certainly good to end up where it did.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote