Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 07:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BK: I'm getting more excited as the Gran Prix season approaches.

I own a RC F1, its a pretty tricked out Tamiya F1. I haven't gotten run it yet since I got it late in the year last year.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
BK: I'm getting more excited as the Gran Prix season approaches.

I own a RC F1, its a pretty tricked out Tamiya F1. I haven't gotten run it yet since I got it late in the year last year.
cool, what body do you have for the F1?? I have a Hot Bodies high nose Williams on my Corally F1, but i have painted it up like last years Jordan (very easy to see it on the track, bright yellow!)
Old 01-22-2002, 07:30 AM
Regional Moderator

The guy I bought it from had two Ferrari bodies(about two seasons behind their current car) for it and one McLaren body thats a match for their current car. Even though the Ferrari bodies aren't the current bodies the team uses, I will probably run those this year for a couple of reasons.
1. The nose/front wing on that McLaren body weighs a ton compared to the Ferrari nose.
2. I'm too cheap to go buy a newer Tamiya Ferrari body.
3. One of the two Ferrari bodies is only painted and is otherwise brand new, so I don't want to waist it.
4. I'm a M.Schumacher fan, so theres no way I'm running a McLaren body!

Were trying to revive the F1 class at our local tracks this year, so lets hope all goes well.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
The guy I bought it from had two Ferrari bodies(about two seasons behind their current car) for it and one McLaren body thats a match for their current car. Even though the Ferrari bodies aren't the current bodies the team uses, I will probably run those this year for a couple of reasons.
1. The nose/front wing on that McLaren body weighs a ton compared to the Ferrari nose.
2. I'm too cheap to go buy a newer Tamiya Ferrari body.
3. One of the two Ferrari bodies is only painted and is otherwise brand new, so I don't want to waist it.
4. I'm a M.Schumacher fan, so theres no way I'm running a McLaren body!

Were trying to revive the F1 class at our local tracks this year, so lets hope all goes well.
Good luck with your F1 revival!

See below for a pic of my Corally F1, plus a pic of my friends car.

My latest Corally F1

One of my friends Corally's
Old 01-23-2002, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Looks cool! What made you get two of these corallys? Mind sharing your setup? also what oil you use on the rear shock?

Jimmyd
Old 01-23-2002, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jimmyd
Looks cool! What made you get two of these corallys? Mind sharing your setup? also what oil you use on the rear shock?

Jimmyd
I run Corally Gold Medium fronts and Corally Gold Soft rears. I do not run the rear shock.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks. I also have the Jordan miniZ f-1s. They corner better than the sedan ones. And best of all these things look real!
Old 01-23-2002, 08:21 AM
Regional Moderator

BK: Both cars are looking good. How do they handle compared to the Tamiya and Cross cars?
Old 01-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've seen some Corally f1's for sale come and go and have been tempted to pick one up but tell myself I don't have the time for another car.... Maybe if Tamiya came out with a Williams body so that I can paint up a Juan Montoya scheme. I've enjoyed Juan's brilliance during his CART career and am very excited that that brilliance has carried over to F1.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:54 AM
Regional Moderator

BOOOOOOO Montoya, BOOOOOOOooooooooo, Montoya!

Really though, I can't wait for the 2002 season to start. I still think M.Schumacher is the favorite, but anything can happen. I will also be keeping my eye on Raikkonen.(sp?) He just might surprise some people.

I wouldn't mind running both a Corally sedan and F1, but the F103 I have is really tricked out, so I'll stick with it for now. With a M.Schumacher body.....of course!
Old 01-23-2002, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I used to be a huge Schoomie fan but his mind games he cast on his brother to try and rile/ unbalance Montoya really disturbed me. The mind games are part of racing but to use your own brother... I don't know.... Will definately be an exciting year for sure!
Old 01-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: I agree with you. I really don't understand why he waste his time. No matter how much hype Montoya gets, Schumie is the best right now, so why bother fighting with someone who has won all of one race?

Even if Montoya becomes as good as many expect him to be, Schumie will be retired by the time Montoya really hits his stride.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

well guys, I only have a month to wait until I am trackside, at our local F1 GP in Melbourne...I feel very privelidged to have a F1 race 10 minutes walk from home...the excitement in melbourne leading up to the race is awesome...

I still get tingles in my stomach as I pass the track on my way to work...this year should be great..

dont underestimate montoya, he came so far in a short amount of time in cart, and has been able to do spectacular things in F1, even passing the master on a few occasions..his racing prowess is something that the sport dearly needs, he is another real racer...like Jaques, senna, alesi etc..

i think he will take it up to M.S this year...just as he did for the later part of last year...dont forget he took 3from 4 pole positions in the later half of the year, and pressured the leaders in the last half..he was let down by an unreliable car on a few ocasions, but I felt overall he was more impressive than Ralf once he settled into F1..(and I am a big fan of Ralfs!)

I cant wait for the racing to begin so we can all find out...

back to corally news....phew...whats happening guys?..I know B.K will be busily preparing for the summernats this weekend...best of luck dude...I hope the team does well!

I have just received my lightweight pivot balls , should save me about 50 grams!...all unsprung weight...hopefully can add the weight where its needed most
Old 01-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by King-G

back to corally news....phew...whats happening guys?..I know B.K will be busily preparing for the summernats this weekend...best of luck dude...I hope the team does well!

I have just received my lightweight pivot balls , should save me about 50 grams!...all unsprung weight...hopefully can add the weight where its needed most
Thanks, re: summernats, we are all traveling down to Canberra tomorrow morning (Friday), should arrive just in time for the afternoon practice sessions. I can't wait for this meeting to start, the competition will be huge! Even though i have raced touring cars for 10 years, i feel i'm going to learn alot this weekend!

re: lightweight pivot balls, i've been rinnung them in my car for a while, i'm sure the reduction unsprung weight helps. Some people said they could bend, but i don't think so, i have had no such issues.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:05 AM
Regional Moderator

BK: have you had any occasion where you have really tested the balls to see if they would bend? Like the rear tire clipping a board or pipe at high speed? If your sure their durable, I would love try some of those, but our local tracks use very unforgiving track boarder materials.(PVC or 2X4 backed by sand bags or cinderblocks.)

King-G: Oh, I'm not underestimating him. I'm just not ready to hand him M.Schumacher seat at the top of F1 yet. Besides that, we've all seen drivers come into F1 with the Williams team, make a huge splash and have almost immediate success. Then after a year or two they want to get paid good money for their effort and Frank Williams then dumps them for a newer(cheaper) driver. Then they disappear to another team and they never really compete for the top again. Examples(Villenueve, Frentzen, Button) So, I at least, will wait a few years to see if he stays at the top longer then Jaques did!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.