R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-22-2001, 08:13 PM   #46
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to porkybmx

thanks mikeR
i got a blue and yellow honda accord. matched the stock yellow wheels nicely. i'll get a pic of it soon
porkybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 04:23 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedo
Darkside used to race a yokomo, cept he deserted us!
Miss Darkside
Old 08-23-2001, 05:38 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I wonder if someone from the Kansas thread knows him.... maybe they could get a hold of him and let him know whats up.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 05:00 PM   #49
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Nuno

hey, I finally got here!
luckly I found a remark about rctouring closing in the hpi forum and lead me here but there are some guys missing.
I'm waiting next week the new Corally SMH 3000 cells, I will let you guys know how they are later.

cya

Nuno
Nuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 06:47 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by WillS
LMAO ooops forgot to meantion I am NoLoveRacingINC. hehehe Just decided to use my name instead :P Sorry about that guys. I will try and get MattH on here next time I talk to him.
If they serve of any info, I've seen some posts of these people in the yokomo BBS.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 07:30 AM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

hehehe sweet we are almost complete again.
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 03:19 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well.

I finally found out why the car has been glitching so badly. I'd been using a Novak XXL with about half the antenna missing, but when I built the 4.1 I decided that I'd break out my shiny new Airtronics receiver that came with the radio and retire the old Novak. Last weekend at RC Madness in Connecticut I attributed the glitching to the fact that I was on 71 and there were guys on 69 and 70 in the same heat. Since the glitching only occirred near the drivers stand, I figured my equipment was fine.

Turns out being near ANY other radios would cause mine to lock up. The other day at the Trinity Shootout in Englishtown, the glitching was as bad or worse than before. I bought new crystals to get further away from the other frequencies in my heat but it didn't help. Finally in desperation I pulled the crappy looking old Novak out of the box and stuck it in the car. Problem fixed. Even with half the antenna missing the Novak worked fine. Last night I put a fresh antenna on the Novak and worked the Airtronics receiver over with a hammer. I feel much better now.

Trips
Old 08-26-2001, 04:04 PM   #53
Tech Rookie

ah, the fine tuning that can only be achieved with a 3 pound hammer it is always nice to adjust things with hardened steel.
Steve Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 04:27 AM   #54
Tech Rookie

Hi guys

If I were to buy a Corally C4.1, are there any optional parts that I should consider buying right away (to be competitive)?
You know, like things you need to get it to run good, or stuff everybody buys for it.
I'm thinking the bumper right away and some springs.
Does the C4.1 come with the center adjustable one-way?

Thanks
Stinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 04:34 AM   #55
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Nuno

Stinj- Just buy the foam bumper.
The car has an adustable one-way that you better take care of, you must glue the bearing to the pulley or put 4 grup screws (check corally usa site).
Also trim the rear arm tabs so they don't scrub the CVS's.
Maybe later you have to buy the new one way diif if you fell the need.
Nuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 06:06 PM   #56
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HE'S BACK!

Hey guys, just found my way here to this site. thanks to Garry "Lowrance" for putting me on to the new location. Good to see most if not all the Corally people made there way here.

Sad to see what happened to rctouring.com, but I'm glad to see that we all still have somewhere to go to.

Last edited by Darkseid; 08-29-2001 at 10:11 AM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 06:15 PM   #57
Regional Moderator

Stinj: Nuno is right, there isn't much to buy for the car when you first get it, or to tell the truth after that. The foam bumper is a must buy, of course. Get enough springs so that you have two sets of each color just in case you want to run the same color front and rear. Yes the C4.1 comes with the center one-way, but you must take the precautions that Nuno mentioned to keep it from slipping. Also don't loosen the adjustment nut too much or you might loose you lock pin for the rear pulley. This happened to me just last weekend.
Old 08-28-2001, 06:26 PM   #58
Regional Moderator

Trips: as you can see I finally got this avatar thing down

Well guys I have run two weekends with the C4.1 now. It is definitly different from my C4AGLE. The car is just more stable than the AGLE. I haven't done the upper deck mod. It just doesn't seem neccesary right now. The car has been dialed on every track I have taken it to. I am pretty much running the short track setup from CorallyUSA. Except I am running orange springs up front and white in the rear. I think the short track setup calls for white up front and yellow in the rear. I'm not ready to go that stiff just yet, maybe in the future.

Anyway, I have two third place A-main finishes and one forth place A-main finish with the car in the two weekends I have run it. Not bad, not bad at all for a new car. I'm definitly happy with it.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:35 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Darkside!!

It's great that you're back, I was really hoping you weren't gone forever...

I'm very happy with the 4.1 as well. I haven't quite the good luck you have, but now that I have a working receiver in the car that ought to change. Two weeks ago, the car was so fast that even with the bum receiver costing me anywhere between one to four seconds a lap I still missed TQ by only 3 tenths of a second.

I might check that short track setup, the car is great right now, but there's always room for improvement...

Trips
Old 08-29-2001, 06:35 AM   #60
Regional Moderator

Trips: Trust me, I'm as happy as you are that I'm not "gone forever"! I seemed to have a thousand questions about my 4.1 when there was no one to ask. That sucks. I am a little disappointed about starting from zip with my post, but I guess I will make it to 870+ again someday.

Lets see, what were those questions. Most of them, I got answered from CorallyUSA or figured out on my own.

First off: My front universals were making a horrible squeaking noise and had some horrible backlash going on. CorallyUSA told me they just had to be lubricated. This was new to me, I had never had to lube the universals on any car I had. Anyway I did what they said and squirted a little wd-40 on them. Ta-Daaaa! Squeak and backlash gone just like that!

Second: I mentioned below that I lost the drive pin for my rear pulley while running the one-way unlocked. The problem was that on the AGLE there is a rear tensioner that helped keep this from happening because the belt could only move so far side to side. The rear belt has much more freedom to move left and right on the 4.1. As a result you have two choices. Keep a little tension on the adjustment nut to make sure the pulleys cant pull apart(resulting in the lost rear drive pin) or what I did was to search my spare parts box until I found a circular plastic washer that wouldn't fly off the shaft when the car is at speed. I cut a slot in it so I could "clip" it onto the shaft, just like we do with the castor spacers, behind the adjustment nut. I had to sand it down until it was just the right size. The right size for what you say? Well what it does is lets me fully free the adjustment nut, but keeps the nut from backing away as the car decelerates or breaks. Now I can loosen the nut enough to achieve complete free action in the one-way, without fear of the pulleys seperating and losing my drive pin....again. It works great.