R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2001, 04:15 AM   #376
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

mmm... the Vics totals sound like a great event, we will have get some sort of Vic v NSW Cup going next year, maybe 1 race in Vic and 1 in NSW.

Two weeks ago we had our NSW v QLD challenge in Tamworth...NSW Won

Tamworth results for Mod were:

1st Luke Swinkles - XRAY - NSW
2nd Jake Zarb - Corally - NSW
3rd Paul Smith - Me - Corally - NSW

Last edited by black-knight; 11-13-2001 at 04:17 AM.
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 05:24 AM   #377
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Oasis2001

I dont think that would work. You guys out of the big city are scared of racing us. Thats why no one turned up to our Vics after you lot complained we dont hold big events here. Its simple. We whitewashed the Nats last year. Did well in Canberra in the summer and dominated the WinterNats with little practice. A certain Andrew Abbott setting track record twice.

You lot are scared big time. Dont worry we wil come up and pay you a visit. King G, Myself, the Babbott, the Cookie combining as one to whoop ACT/NSW/QLD ass.
Oasis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 07:50 AM   #378
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its good to see this thread getting so much traffic!
Old 11-13-2001, 09:26 PM   #379
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

B.K....Luke swinkles running an xray?..are you sure?..last i heard he was still sponsored by H.E

interesting?..

Lil jakey is doing well I see...I have only raced him twice...he is gonna be an awesome driver thats certain...
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 03:16 AM   #380
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by King-G
B.K....Luke swinkles running an xray?..are you sure?..last i heard he was still sponsored by H.E

interesting?..

Lil jakey is doing well I see...I have only raced him twice...he is gonna be an awesome driver thats certain...
Yep Luke is running an XRAY, he is still very much in with HE though, a very good friend of HE and helps out with the website.

And yes Jake is going very well, he is very good at chasing people down on the track, if he is behind he seems to be able to catch up quickly.

A very good friend of mine Matt Dall is about to drive for H.E, Matt's just go to wait for the incoming shipment of C4.1's. Matt will run in modified. Matt has been running a TC3.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:56 AM   #381
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Oasis2001
I dont think that would work. You guys out of the big city are scared of racing us. Thats why no one turned up to our Vics after you lot complained we dont hold big events here. Its simple. We whitewashed the Nats last year. Did well in Canberra in the summer and dominated the WinterNats with little practice. A certain Andrew Abbott setting track record twice.

You lot are scared big time. Dont worry we wil come up and pay you a visit. King G, Myself, the Babbott, the Cookie combining as one to whoop ACT/NSW/QLD ass.
No we would all come down and race you guys providing we don't have to race on rubber tires!, gotta luv foam!

12 turn mod limit is ok, but not popular, i normally don't go lower than 10x2. I don't understand a mod motor limit, it's not cheaper, so what's the reason? (runtime / batts???)

Last edited by black-knight; 11-14-2001 at 04:59 AM.
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 07:30 AM   #382
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mod motor limits are put into place by people to prevent the using of motors that require extremem maintinence. Motors below 10-11 turn require rebuilds after every run. That means that at the big events, the people sponsored by motor companies can show up with the 50-60 armaratures needed to pull this off at a 4 day event. While mere mortals who are not sponsored by motor companies, can't possibly hope to compete.

Thats the theory anyway....
Old 11-14-2001, 03:03 PM   #383
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
Mod motor limits are put into place by people to prevent the using of motors that require extremem maintinence. Motors below 10-11 turn require rebuilds after every run. That means that at the big events, the people sponsored by motor companies can show up with the 50-60 armaratures needed to pull this off at a 4 day event. While mere mortals who are not sponsored by motor companies, can't possibly hope to compete.

Thats the theory anyway....
People who show up with 50-60 armatures, should learn how to use a comm lathe!
Old 11-14-2001, 03:20 PM   #384
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Why would you want that many arms when you can have a couple good ones, also i was led to believe that most of the time an arm gets fast as the comm gets smaller, i have heard many people say that their motors are at there best just before they give up.

And i am not a sponsored driver nor an importer but i doubt that any Australian importer would give one driver 50-60 arms.
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 03:51 PM   #385
Tech Fanatic

guys the issue our club and other vortec clubs were addressing when we introduced the 12 turn limit was to reduce the need for many different motors and winds for different tracks/conditions, we all run 12's, eith doubles or singles...some use tripples for more rpm..

but the main reason is to reduce the need for the best batteries money can buy...sure we are mostly using SMH or sanyo 3000's, but your average joe can step into the modified class from stock, and compete using his 2400 cells.

it promotes the best racing, and our drivers have proven time and time again that it makes us better racers, as we are used to such tight and close racing, Just look at recent results of tftr drivers at interstate events..

I believe rubber tyres promotes agood set-up as rubber tyres will highlight inadequecies in a setup..

in fact Abbot , Cooke and Griffin barely changed their cars for the Kambah curcuit, just slapped on some foams, and wiped the floor...because their cars were already dialed on rubber tyres.

B.K yeah I know Matt Dall, I raced him in Kambah in January...I ran Rubber tyres at that meeting to prove a point up there...I finished 3rd in grp20, running the same set of hpi tyres all weekend...sure My car could have won on foams..But I was trying to show that rubber tyres arent that much slower, they just lacked some corner speed on the tighter corners..but otherwise my car was as quick everywhere else.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:54 PM   #386
Tech Fanatic

B.K, welcome Matt aboard the team for me, I will look forward to us all working together at the next big meet...we should prove rather competitive as a team...!
Old 11-15-2001, 12:31 AM   #387
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Oasis2001

I think the case for rubber v foam is well and truly over when you see how big the racing scene is in Vic and how dead it is in NSW.

I like the fact that we all used i set of tyres for the whole Vics and they still look brand new! Better than that foam cone/chunk/wear out rubbish
Oasis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 05:13 AM   #388
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Oasis2001
I think the case for rubber v foam is well and truly over when you see how big the racing scene is in Vic and how dead it is in NSW.

I like the fact that we all used i set of tyres for the whole Vics and they still look brand new! Better than that foam cone/chunk/wear out rubbish
Racing is not really dead in NSW, it is stalled because we don't have a decent pernament track...but we are working on this.

Racing at Castle Hill on a Friday night see entiries up near 90-100 each meeting, Ryde Off-Road is now holding On-Road at Brush-Farm on Friday to take the overflow from Castle Hill. Forestville is another club soon to grow in size.

We just need a nice big track for serious race meetings. There is only one in Sydney and that is Helles Park - a 1/8th Nitro track, i have heard of some negotiating between various people to allow Electric cars on this track...we will see what happens.

I won't further the Rubber v Tire issues, this is a Corally thread and others may get upset! We should argue this in the Aussie racing threads..i'll just get some foamy ammo ready!
Old 11-15-2001, 05:18 AM   #389
Tech Champion

If i win the lottery it will be the first thing that i do. Purchase one of the Olympic wharehouses, build both on and offroad tracks, and i can be like marty with every type of car under the sun.

And there will be no use of rubber, i am already sick of them from Castle Hill.

BK - any word on what we were talking about earlier today?
Old 11-15-2001, 05:24 AM   #390
Tech Champion

I am still at work uploading Budget Journals, and it does not look godd at leaving for a while.