Wiki Posts
Search

JRX-S Set up tips, tricks, and set ups

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default JRX-S Set up tips, tricks, and set ups

Ok guys maybe it's time to start a new thread with tips, tricks, and set ups.

Got mine and we run carpet, looking at all the pro sheets they seem to be running 60 lb springs in the front and 25 lb in the rear. Got mine and starting to set it up for carpet. My hobby shop only had 30 lb rear and 70 lb front. I guess I'm gonna try 40 or 50 wt oil front and back and see what happens.

Todd or other losi guys and idea what oil to start with?
Old 04-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Concrete Medium Bite Track

Can anyone share his set-up on a concrete medium bite track? Our LHS wl be receiving his orders next week. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: JRX-S Set up tips, tricks, and set ups

Originally posted by bigdog xxx-s
Todd or other losi guys and idea what oil to start with?
Just go to the www.teamlosi.com site and look at the JRX-S setup sheets posted.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

HI Bigdog,

I have been racing my Jrxs for a little bit more than a month right now and the set up I use for a club racing traction level is really close to Kinwald set up from the 2005 roar nats ( witch is the same as Paul Lemieux used in cleveland) except I put 40 oil rear and 50 oil front and no rear swaybar. I also ran the 42.5 spring on the front with a .50 swaybar but I prefer the feeling of the 60 lbs on the front.

you can find Kinwald's setup on the teamlosi website.

hope that help.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Noval Brushless Gearing and Body

I'm hoping that someone out there can give me an idea of what i should gear the JRXS with the Novak Brushless Super Sport 5800 system. Of coarse using the stock 128T spur. Novak calls for a 7.30:1 and the Losi gear chart shows a 32t pinion. Just wanted to get anyone one in the knows opinion or thoughts.

And whats a good body starting point. I was advised a Mazda 6 body would be good. Anyone's thoughts. My local track is 4 funHobbies and Raceway, tight technical track, good to great traction. I was considering Protoform Stratus 3.0, Yokomo 3.0, or the Ride honda/acura.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've gotten to step B-02 tonight and calling it a night, the only thing so far is the two top plates bound up a little bit. I had to loosen a the metal motor pieces in the middle then tighten everything back up and freed the top two graphite pieces.

I've got Kinwalds set up, but my shop only had 70 front springs and 30 rear, kinwald was running 60 fronts and 25 rear, didn't know if I should drop the shock oil down a bit.

Also, anyone running 1 deg rear offsets at all in the rear, we have a tight track 56 x 32 and thought about using the 41 front/42 rear pulley and 6 deg caster blocks with 1 deg rear offsets to handle a tight track.

Thanks...

Mike Turner