New VBC Flash-04 F1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New VBC Flash-04 F1

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Tamiya spurs aren't going to fit in the VBC diff, but if you want to use your collection of Tamiya 0.4 pinions you can replace the diff and axle with Tamiya F104 or 3racing F109 parts
Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy
I dunno Ray, I'd have to consult the wind tunnel

-Nate
I didn't know you were still in the hobbies

Miss ya man
Old 05-12-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran the car yesterday, had a couple of small issues, but no real problems or broken parts. The traction was high as usual and did a couple of traction rolls, my own fault. Running Pardus tires and need to get the ride height lower in the front end. We ran a 15 minute main with pit stops and motor temp was 118 with gearing at 36-96. I was pretty impressed with the car, very easy to drive. Saw a broken front arm on one, but it was a real hard hit. Looking forward to next weekend for The Grand Finale at The Gate, full UF1 rules, should be a lot of fun.

chuck
Old 05-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Lots of Flash 04 parts on CRC's site now:

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...ategory_id=112
Old 05-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mackin
Ran the car yesterday, had a couple of small issues, but no real problems or broken parts. The traction was high as usual and did a couple of traction rolls, my own fault. Running Pardus tires and need to get the ride height lower in the front end. We ran a 15 minute main with pit stops and motor temp was 118 with gearing at 36-96. I was pretty impressed with the car, very easy to drive. Saw a broken front arm on one, but it was a real hard hit. Looking forward to next weekend for The Grand Finale at The Gate, full UF1 rules, should be a lot of fun.

chuck
Really looking forward attending myself, Chuck. Glad you got your F1 running with a weekend under your belt. I'll be running F1 and WGT! See you then.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YoDog
I'm pondering some aftermarket parts to make for this kit. If there were things you would change or improve upon, what would it be?
I was thinking a 0.25" axle conversion but it may involve many parts.
I previously designed a carbon axle that pinned the diff landing after the bearing so that joint does not bare the stress of an impact directly.
Another thing I want to see is an angled spacer for the upper arm mount or some other way to induce active caster into the upper arms.
Along with rear ride height adjusters (to lower ride height), it would be nice if the front lower pivot balls were made of plastic (like CRC's WGT front pivot balls). I believe that the hardened metal king pin would travel smoother through a plastic pivot ball than a metal pivot ball.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

I'm pondering some aftermarket parts to make for this kit. If there were things you would change or improve upon, what would it be?
I was thinking a 0.25" axle conversion but it may involve many parts.
I previously designed a carbon axle that pinned the diff landing after the bearing so that joint does not bare the stress of an impact directly.
Another thing I want to see is an angled spacer for the upper arm mount or some other way to induce active caster into the upper arms.
Along with rear ride height adjusters (to lower ride height), it would be nice if the front lower pivot balls were made of plastic (like CRC's WGT front pivot balls). I believe that the hardened metal king pin would travel smoother through a plastic pivot ball than a metal pivot ball.

OOOPS....double post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Lots of Flash 04 parts on CRC's site now:

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...ategory_id=112
Is it just me or are the parts for this car way over priced? $27 for a pair of steering blocks...REALLY? I think someone needs a reality check.
Got ready to place an order for just 4 parts and I'm already over $100.
Grant it, 2 of them are rear axles but come on! I thought this car was from the land of low costs (HongKong/ China)
I love the car but I don't think I can afford to race it.
Mine is likely to be up for sale after RROC. Never thought TC would be the more economical class to run.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

VBC isn't your typical Hong Kong manufacturer as they have a high quality product. It also doesn't help that CRC's prices are a bit high + their site is lame.

I've been purchasing VBC parts from Hong Kong retailers because the shipping costs are barely more than CRC's and the parts are much less expensive.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
VBC isn't your typical Hong Kong manufacturer as they have a high quality product. It also doesn't help that CRC's prices are a bit high + their site is lame.

I've been purchasing VBC parts from Hong Kong retailers because the shipping costs are barely more than CRC's and the parts are much less expensive.
Don't get me wrong, I love the kit,it's top notch!
I guess I'll have to wait till parts are available at Hong Kong resellers to get more reasonable pricing.
I just forked out $120 to get a few spares then after bodies, tires, motors and batteries, I'm done. I might as well get back into 1/8th nitro onroad.
I've been racing a long time and have accumulated a bunch of stuff so I'm exactly starting from scratch.
Heck, competitive tires are in the $60 a set range and I still have to glue them too?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Is it just me or are the parts for this car way over priced? $27 for a pair of steering blocks...REALLY? I think someone needs a reality check.
It's not just you. The parts are overpriced.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Any of you guys, other than the guys at The Gate had a chance to run your cars yet? If so, what were your impressions?

chuck
Old 05-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mackin
Any of you guys, other than the guys at The Gate had a chance to run your cars yet? If so, what were your impressions?

chuck
+1
Drove mine around our parking lot so far and it pushes really bad at speeds over a few mph. Probably can't tell anything till I get it to the track.

Soft kingpin springs and soft Shimizu fronts with about 0.5mm droop in the front. I had to remove 1mm shim from each Kingpin to get the front to float. is this normal? I can't imagine using the black springs as they seem rock hard.
Oh by the way, has anybody tried shimming the upper arm mount to gain some active caster yet?
Old 05-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

+1
Drove mine around our parking lot so far and it pushes really bad at speeds over a few mph. Probably can't tell anything till I get it to the track.

Soft kingpin springs and soft Shimizu fronts with about 0.5mm droop in the front. I had to remove 1mm shim from each Kingpin to get the front to float. is this normal? I can't imagine using the black springs as they seem rock hard.
Oh by the way, has anybody tried shimming the upper arm mount to gain some active caster yet?
The Flash 4 has tons of rear grip, this is not a F104 you will have to stiffin up the car to get the push out. Don't think Tamiya setup on the VBC.

your tire selection will have to change also.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

We are using Pardus tires here so tires are not a tuning option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.