Just realized I didn't post these pictures in this thread. Here are a couple pics of my recently finished McLaren MP4-24 and my revised electronics layout for our late summer UF1 series.
For the body to fit properly, I did trim the small carbon pieces to narrow the chassis. I then had to move the body posts in, as seen in the second photo. My goal was to retain as much of the body as possible, and very little additional trimming was necessary to accomplish that.
Previously I had been running with the battery forward and the ESC next to the motor. The car worked well, but was just off the pace of the top two drivers. Now that I moved the battery to the rear, on our medium grip carpet track, I have improved my fastest lap by .5 seconds. Lap averages have improved considerably as well.