R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGator View Post
Thank you Korey for your response

Per Dave's set up above what Green spring are we referring to? Can someone give me a part number of this spring please.
Green Touring Car spring

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #272
Tech Apprentice

Default Setup Help

I was hoping someone could help me with a starting point setup wise for the F1 car on a tight smooth low traction carpet track. The only thing I have been told by some of the fast guys is to use Shimizu tires on the track. I see Dave's set up but this is with spec tires so I was hoping to get some pointers. Thank you guys in advance for your time.
VegasGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #273
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGator View Post
I was hoping someone could help me with a starting point setup wise for the F1 car on a tight smooth low traction carpet track. The only thing I have been told by some of the fast guys is to use Shimizu tires on the track. I see Dave's set up but this is with spec tires so I was hoping to get some pointers. Thank you guys in advance for your time.
This setup works pretty good with Shimizu tires as well.

I would recommend a 571 front, and a 572 rear. It is pretty much the standard starting point with Shimizu tires. Your car will just feel more stuck overall in comparison to the Pardus spec tires. When I've driven them back to back, its very tossable and more floaty with the Pardus. The Shimizus are just glued, so I Think they will serve you well.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

-Korey
Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

i need a body that fits with no mods. please my Ferrari f60 does not fit the rear is way too narrow.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #275
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt*strike View Post
i need a body that fits with no mods. please my Ferrari f60 does not fit the rear is way too narrow.
Take a look at post 132 and 134 in this thread. Lots of people using the F60 here.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Take a look at post 132 and 134 in this thread. Lots of people using the F60 here.
I have an f60 but i had to trim the carbon plates that hold the side springs. I also moved the body posts onto the the Shock mount. The second car i have coming also is set up the same way. I am new to this car so i havent a body that just fit. Then again i didnt have time to read through the whole thread.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Old 11-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #277
Tech Master

The 2012 ferrari fits just fine. But I did move the body posts as talked about on 132.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #278
Tech Elite

I finally got around to running my car. I ran the car with the setup the manual tells you put on it. The got around ok but i know it can be 100% better. One of the issues i had was the front end being too stiff. I ran the black spring per the instructions and i dont like the feel. The car looked like it was hoping down the straight because there was no front suspension action. I'll be putting more time in the near future but for my first outing i was very happy. I'm a TC guy so a pan car isnt in my comfort zone but i know this can much better. Great car a lot of people are interested in my area.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Old 11-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #279
Tech Master

I thought the same thing. I dropped the ride height as low as i could with Pardus tires. And switched the black springs in front for the silver ones. I also put ca on the sidewalls. It's a much better car now.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #280
Tech Elite

missed the win at the TZGP yesterday by .0100 of a sec.... oh well held off a couple faster drivers for 4:59 sec but a good weekend with the car... still have a couple in stock...
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
missed the win at the TZGP yesterday by .0100 of a sec.... oh well held off a couple faster drivers for 4:59 sec but a good weekend with the car... still have a couple in stock...
Mark,
Can you post your setup please?

Jerry

www.awesomatixusa.com
Old 11-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #282
Tech Elite

Bueller bueller

www.awesomatixusa.com
Old 11-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #283
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
Bueller bueller
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #284
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
i should have known...

www.awesomatixusa.com
Old 11-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #285
Regional Moderator

With the rear ride height adjusters all the way up, the stock setup doesn't allow you to get anywhere near 3mm ride height. Tuning Haus makes a set of 6 shims (2 each of 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0 mm) to lower the rear. I used onen of each under each side of the pod. They also make some shims for the front as well. I'm using a 1.0 and 0.5mm spacer in the front.