Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IFMAR Worlds Qualifying

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samnelso
Rick, I'm assuming the same would apply for touring, where ROAR would get 32 slots plus 10 for being the hosting bloc.
Yes. And any unused spots would go to ROAR.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
US tracks have to bid to hold a national?

What were the problems with the 1/10 nitro's worlds?
Yes, there is usually a couple of venues vying for the Nationals since it is a single event. While they have not yet announced the Paved nationals location, it more than likely won't be Porter.

I am not certain on what was the bad was from the IFMAR worlds. The only thing I sort-of-understand was that there was a big lack of manufacturer sponsorship and support. Considering the Economy was in full recession mode, this was a bit to be expected.

In this day and age, where there are less and less clubs, it is necessary for the manufacturers in the industry to step up and help organize these events on a much larger scale than in the past. That is, until our sanctioning body actually becomes a for-profit business where there would be more motivation to make a better organization in order to get more people involved. ROAR is terrible at this, but it really isn't their fault. As long as it is run by volunteers, getting things done is never going to be a priority in the lives of the people doing it.

It is sad that there might not be a venue that wants to host the IFMAR Electric On-Road Worlds and that there is a possibility that we once again, get passed on as a host. If ROAR is a serious as an organization, they should be on the phone calling every known track and club in the country trying to secure a location.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last time it was our turn for an Onroad Worlds ROAR did not look for a track. They did just what they are doing now. I called around and talked the Kissimmee, FL track into hosting it.

I also did the promotions, fund raising and got Scotty to run the show. The sponsor money is there if you know who and how to ask for it.

The last US event was not the world class show it could have been. The track owner had organizational issues and failed to deliver on many promises. It felt like a regional with a ton of great out of town drivers.

Honestly, I think IFMAR should contract Scotty to locate venues and put on all their events. He calls them all anyways and knows how to put on a great show.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
.....Honestly, I think IFMAR should contract Scotty to locate venues and put on all their events. He calls them all anyways and knows how to put on a great show.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Can a club/track turn a profit from running a show like this or at least cover their expenses?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Can a club/track turn a profit from running a show like this or at least cover their expenses?
Wouldnt it be awesome if The worlds were held say the last week of Sept at the Riveria in 2014 and then the following week the IIC took place at the same track. World Championships first then the normal people of the world get to race on the same venue and layout as the WC was decided on. That could be an attention getter!

EA
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Wouldnt it be awesome if The worlds were held say the last week of Sept at the Riveria in 2014 and then the following week the IIC took place at the same track. World Championships first then the normal people of the world get to race on the same venue and layout as the WC was decided on. That could be an attention getter!

EA
Now you are just being silly. That would make way too much sense. It will never happen.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Yes, if the facility is in good condition and you get a person with a solid event planning and promotions background to put together a solid proposal and contact sponsors.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EA
That's a pretty cool idea and is sure to bring more revenue as well as exposure.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

EA
I can see it now.

EA Motorsports is proud to present the 2014 IFMAR Electric On-Road Championships at the beautiful <insert location of your choice>.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

So it is agreed that the carpet track can be set up in a "temporary " location... would the same go for the outdoor asphalt location?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Worlds on carpet at IIC sounds awesome!

Will there be a 13.5 class? C'mon, you know you want it!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

For the 2013 Electric Off-Road Worlds, the new Silver Dollar Raceway looks amazing, and all the drivers seem to love the facility.

Clearly, A-Main thinks an Off-Road worlds will work well, maybe they could be convinced to look at on-road too?!

It would be a shame if ROAR did pass up the chance to hold the event - I heard a few rumours when we were all in Holland at the 2012 Worlds of possible venues that could host it. Yes, it is a substantial amount of work for any organisation or club, but then so is any large/major event. But they will always get to say "we hosted a Worlds", not many places can say that.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
So it is agreed that the carpet track can be set up in a "temporary " location... would the same go for the outdoor asphalt location?
I don't see how a temporary asphalt track could possibly be affordable AND a world class facility.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Worlds on carpet at IIC sounds awesome!

Will there be a 13.5 class? C'mon, you know you want it!
The carpet bit of the worlds is 1/12, and that will be Mod only
Old 01-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

I had a good read of the rules last night and the ISTC (touring event) can be held on carpet too... Terrible idea though.

If 12th was to be on asphalt again then there would be a control tire... This is to stop the masami/yokomo domination since forever..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.