Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UF1 MIDWEST

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Looking forward to this event.

I'm gonna take Howard out, just like Schumacher did... Yup, that's the plan!

Snowy.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Essnowyt

Snowy.
Are you expensive? I'll probably need a few more drivers taken out to place well
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Essnowyt

Snowy.
Hmmmm.....here comes SNOWY....and exactly what happened right now outside the window...SNOWY.

You don't want me to push that button............you are pushing the envelope too far, especially the Chinese envelope with Mao's stamp on it...

I should have my SP-1 display at the track, just too look good, not to race it, just need some race queen to stand next to it....Yup, that's the plan!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Hmmmm.....here comes SNOWY....and exactly what happened right now outside the window...SNOWY.

You don't want me to push that button............you are pushing the envelope too far, especially the Chinese envelope with Mao's stamp on it...

I should have my SP-1 display at the track, just too look good, not to race it, just need some race queen to stand next to it....Yup, that's the plan!
Well now we know what Nexus will be doing at the track.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default pardus tires

Watched my f1 run at snowbirds today via web cam. Traction roll seems to be the word of the day there...is this the norm on carpet? Will transponders be available at the track and does anyone have an idea how much they weight
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
Well now we know what Nexus will be doing at the track.
snap!

Just when I thought the pool was safe to swim in!

F1, 2, and 3...ON.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eff one
Watched my f1 run at snowbirds today via web cam. Traction roll seems to be the word of the day there...is this the norm on carpet? Will transponders be available at the track and does anyone have an idea how much they weight
The cars are narrow with rubber tires, so yeah, you have to keep on top of the car to avoid traction roll at a high traction venue.

If you are talking about The Track in Winthrop Harbor, they should have transponders.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I moved my battery all the way forward and that took care of my traction rolling issues with the Pardus tires without doing anything else.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

What is the entry fee for this race? And are the entry fees for each day or the whole weekend? After reading the rules I am guessing each day is a new race day.

Correct me if I am wrong, on Saturday the 9th there will be 1 3 minute qualifing round followed followed by 3 15 minute mains/races. On Sunday the 10th there will be 1 3 minute qualifing round followed by 3 15 minute mains/races.

Being that you get 3 drops you can miss 1 whole day and that would be your 3 drops.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
What is the entry fee for this race? And are the entry fees for each day or the whole weekend? After reading the rules I am guessing each day is a new race day.

Correct me if I am wrong, on Saturday the 9th there will be 1 3 minute qualifing round followed followed by 3 15 minute mains/races. On Sunday the 10th there will be 1 3 minute qualifing round followed by 3 15 minute mains/races.

Being that you get 3 drops you can miss 1 whole day and that would be your 3 drops.

Thanks
Posted previously it was mentioned that the whole weekend was $25; that will need to be confirmed by BP Shadow.

You are correct in your format; each day has a quick qualifier and then 3 15 minute races.

The 3 drops are 3 complete race days; each day is its own 'race'; all 3 individual races/heats on a day compose of 1 whole race. You can theoretically miss 1 of the 4 events scheduled AND miss another Saturday or Sunday race and still have your 5 complete race days. Confusing but simple at the same time; it’s like saying best 5 out of 8 races.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thats not what the rules state. in the rules it says 3 drops can be 1 complete race day.

From the rules each race day consists of 3 rounds, 6 rounds per weekend, 24 rounds for the entire series(I think a round is equivlant to a real F1 race weekend). Points are award for each round on each race day.

At least that is the way I interpret the rules. Hopefully Brad can clearify everything for us new to the UF1 race series.

rules
http://uf1rc.com/rules-and-regulations/
Throw Outs
There will be the addition of a 3-throwout rule and each throwout is per ROUND. That means you can miss a complete race day and that would be your 3 throwouts, or you can throwout a round in Race 1, a round in Race 4 and a round in Race 5 (or however you choose to do it). Throwouts will be automatically scored, meaning we will drop your 3 worst performances at the end of the series. The throw-out rule does not affect the Constructor’s Championship points; all points for the season will be used.

Originally Posted by nrtv20
Posted previously it was mentioned that the whole weekend was $25; that will need to be confirmed by BP Shadow.

You are correct in your format; each day has a quick qualifier and then 3 15 minute races.

The 3 drops are 3 complete race days; each day is its own 'race'; all 3 individual races/heats on a day compose of 1 whole race. You can theoretically miss 1 of the 4 events scheduled AND miss another Saturday or Sunday race and still have your 5 complete race days. Confusing but simple at the same time; it’s like saying best 5 out of 8 races.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats not what the rules state. in the rules it says 3 drops can be 1 complete race day.

From the rules each race day consists of 3 rounds, 6 rounds per weekend, 24 rounds for the entire series(I think a round is equivlant to a real F1 race weekend). Points are award for each round on each race day.

At least that is the way I interpret the rules. Hopefully Brad can clearify everything for us new to the UF1 race series.

rules
Throw Outs
There will be the addition of a 3-throwout rule and each throwout is per ROUND. That means you can miss a complete race day and that would be your 3 throwouts, or you can throwout a round in Race 1, a round in Race 4 and a round in Race 5 (or however you choose to do it). Throwouts will be automatically scored, meaning we will drop your 3 worst performances at the end of the series. The throw-out rule does not affect the Constructor’s Championship points; all points for the season will be used.
larry- the midwest series is a little different from the west coast series. from the first page, it is a total of 8 races (4 weekends, 2 race days per weekend).

You may drop 3 races (each day is considered a race and your total from the 3 15 minute races are added together for a total for the day).

I beleive that is what Brad intended for this first series, as it came together fairly quickly.

The $25 for the weekend is exactly what Brad has told me will be the fee.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

rules
Throw Outs
No Larry....3 drops = 3 missing race days....not 3 rounds. Ntrv20 is correct. 3 drops = you can miss the the next SAT and Sunday race, and miss the SAT race at Ohio but then you have to make all the rest of the race day.

The throwout rule (3 drops throwout) is probably a UF1 rule that is a reference for those who would like to adapt that for the point series of there own. For this MWS UF1, on the flyer, it said 3 drops race day out of 8.....best 5 race day result counts.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Will there be other classes running during this series, or is it F1 only?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity, about what time do you expect to finish each day? I know it will depend on the number of entries but an estimate would be helpful for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.