R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #676
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
Will the Eli doll be present?
We only pull that out for special occaisions
__________________
Spektrum - Dynamite - Horizon Hobbies - MaxPower - RCAmerica - Alpha Raceway
skipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #677
jrp
Tech Master
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
Will the Eli doll be present?
We do have a loading dock you can ramp the RallyBu off of!!!
__________________
Spektrum - CRC - Horizon Hobbies - RC America - XRay - Prolevel RC - Max Power - SRC

- RC Gears for Android - Find it in the Android Market
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #678
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,248
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
We do have a loading dock you can ramp the RallyBu off of!!!
Excellent! I'll bring my helmet.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #679
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipstr View Post
The track layout will be new with no local practice prior to the event.

Saturday and Sunday will be two separate events. Doors open at about 8am each day.

Both days will be open practice until around 11-11:30. Current plan is F-1 qualifying between 12-12:30 with support class qualifying starting at 1:00.

F-1 mains will more than likely occur between qualifying rounds 1/2,2/3, with the final following the supporting class mains.

This follows our normal club schedule other than the addition of the UF1 program.

Any other questions, please ask.

Skip
Hey Skip,
Thanks for posting all the info and helping us promote the event.
A couple of talking points, first you may want to cut back the number of classes that weekend, otherwise we are in for a long two days. We have typically been running 1 support class in conjunction with UF1.
Second we are planing an Endurance race with the LM1's that I am assuming will take place after the main program on Saturday, just thinking you might want to factor that into how many classes so there is adequate time without getting done too late.
Looking forward to coming down for the race
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #680
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,218
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Hey Skip,
Thanks for posting all the info and helping us promote the event.
A couple of talking points, first you may want to cut back the number of classes that weekend, otherwise we are in for a long two days. We have typically been running 1 support class in conjunction with UF1.
Second we are planing an Endurance race with the LM1's that I am assuming will take place after the main program on Saturday, just thinking you might want to factor that into how many classes so there is adequate time without getting done too late.
Looking forward to coming down for the race
What has the turnout been like for F1 and the LM1's? My understanding is that it's been pretty low which would leave the door open for other classes. Particularly if a track has a local following for other classes I would think you would want to invite those classes to make the day/weekend a win for both the track and the series.
__________________
www.teamgravityrc.com
Leisure Hours Raceway
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #681
Tech Master
 
HeliYogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,193
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default TCS F1 and more

Some images I've been taking the past two years as homage to on road / F-1 and TCS - enjoy!

Slide show:
http://s721.photobucket.com/user/Hel...rcos%20Wanless

PS Are you in the photo?
__________________
More F-1 RC action? RCTECH Formula-1-RC-Northwest & FB @WhatBrakes
HeliYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #682
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
What has the turnout been like for F1 and the LM1's? My understanding is that it's been pretty low which would leave the door open for other classes. Particularly if a track has a local following for other classes I would think you would want to invite those classes to make the day/weekend a win for both the track and the series.
We currently do not run LM1 and we usually have only one main in each class. We are in Southern Illinois with a very small population base. Every now and then we will have two mains per class but it doesn't happen very often.

Our strong club classes are 17.5 1/12th, 17.5 TC, and F1.

For the UF1 weekend, we have verbal commitments from racers in Detroit, Toledo, Champaign, St Louis, and Nashville. We are hoping for a good turnout and some great racing.
__________________
Spektrum - Dynamite - Horizon Hobbies - MaxPower - RCAmerica - Alpha Raceway
skipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #683
Tech Adept
 
coxbros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Energy & Herrin, IL
Posts: 247
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The Carbondale event will be top of the line, but also considering going to the Urbana race on Feb. 15th too. Anyone know what other classes they will be racing there?
coxbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #684
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipstr View Post
We currently do not run LM1 and we usually have only one main in each class. We are in Southern Illinois with a very small population base. Every now and then we will have two mains per class but it doesn't happen very often.

Our strong club classes are 17.5 1/12th, 17.5 TC, and F1.

For the UF1 weekend, we have verbal commitments from racers in Detroit, Toledo, Champaign, St Louis, and Nashville. We are hoping for a good turnout and some great racing.
We also have verbals from Western Michigan and Chicago, just not sure how many.
Running the UF1 format with 2 or more heats of F1 it will take over 3 hours just to run the F1 mains. Time is not as much an issue Saturday as it is on Sunday when people have to make the trip home and potentially deal with bad weather.
I want this to be a well attended event so whatever we can do to get the numbers up is good. Skip I will leave it in your hands what to run or not run
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #685
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,218
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Three hours for two heats?

At some point if you want a series like this to grow you need to be able to fit more racers into a tight time frame. I can see where people like the idea of that much driving time but what keeps race series going and tracks interested in hosting them is a large turnout with good racing. If you can't bring more people to the track than they would normally get with just the locals showing up then you need to have a format that nicely fits the local classes in.

I love the look of the f1 cars and I hope it really does well for you but considering how fragmented onroad racing is right now with different classes it sure would be nice if we could play better together. If you had 50 guys showing up to run these races I could see closing it off to just f1 and a possible support class but that's just not the reality right now. Look at the USVTA races. Yep only three in a series but those guys invite TC and 1/12 to come play with them and get 150 entries done in two days.
__________________
www.teamgravityrc.com
Leisure Hours Raceway
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #686
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
Three hours for two heats?

At some point if you want a series like this to grow you need to be able to fit more racers into a tight time frame. I can see where people like the idea of that much driving time but what keeps race series going and tracks interested in hosting them is a large turnout with good racing. If you can't bring more people to the track than they would normally get with just the locals showing up then you need to have a format that nicely fits the local classes in.

I love the look of the f1 cars and I hope it really does well for you but considering how fragmented onroad racing is right now with different classes it sure would be nice if we could play better together. If you had 50 guys showing up to run these races I could see closing it off to just f1 and a possible support class but that's just not the reality right now. Look at the USVTA races. Yep only three in a series but those guys invite TC and 1/12 to come play with them and get 150 entries done in two days.
I messed up on the math, but each group runs three 15 minute mains.
So 2 heats of F1 would take an hour and a half to run the mains. We could possibly see 20-25 F1 cars at this race which could take it into 3 heats.
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #687
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,218
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
I messed up on the math, but each group runs three 15 minute mains.
So 2 heats of F1 would take an hour and a half to run the mains. We could possibly see 20-25 F1 cars at this race which could take it into 3 heats.
My apologies then. I still think it's nice to open it up some to other classes but that is much more reasonable of a time frame.
__________________
www.teamgravityrc.com
Leisure Hours Raceway
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #688
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

It is our intention to have the event finish absolutely no later than 6pm on Sunday and hopefully earlier. We understand the issues of having a 6-10 hour drive home in the snow. Because of our geographical location, many of our club members have done this more times than we care to think about.

We want to provide everyone that shows up to race with a quality/predictable event that will make you want to come back and race with us. Because we will have many racers traveling, we will run a tight schedule to get out on time Sunday afternoon/evening.

Depending on the entry count, we may adjust our start time earlier on Sunday.

Any other questions or concerns, please ask, and thanks for your interest in racing with us

Skip
__________________
Spektrum - Dynamite - Horizon Hobbies - MaxPower - RCAmerica - Alpha Raceway
skipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #689
jrp
Tech Master
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default tires

I understand the Pardus tires are in short supply right now. Will the series be switching over to maybe the TCS spec tire?
__________________
Spektrum - CRC - Horizon Hobbies - RC America - XRay - Prolevel RC - Max Power - SRC

- RC Gears for Android - Find it in the Android Market
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #690
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
I understand the Pardus tires are in short supply right now. Will the series be switching over to maybe the TCS spec tire?
No, we have a decent stock at the moment, and we should be getting the new wheels in the next couple of weeks
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9356 05-21-2017 02:08 PM
FORMULA R/C - Green Bay Parking Lot Racing Howler Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 550 09-08-2015 12:17 PM
MSI Racing and Hobbies: Roseville, Michigan (midwest grand slam) PaintVagrant Racing Forum 26 08-09-2012 09:48 PM
UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL! F N CUDA Electric On-Road 117 07-11-2012 11:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net