Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UF1 MIDWEST

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Will results and lap times/totals be posted?

Still planning to make the second round in Cincy.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
Will results and lap times/totals be posted?

Still planning to make the second round in Cincy.
Rick,
Yes we will be posting the results, hopefully later today or tonight
Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default the gate

Had a great day of racing sunday chasing the trifecta of yellow jordans. I brought some new chassis to race but they got benched for the good ol McLaren f103 which was absolutely hooked up for the first time after taking some set up advice from vessel at the end of last season. Oh and brad, it was fun chasing you around the circuit, next time though I will make a better first lap and put the pressure on boy!! As for the track it was really fast and fun especially the combo curbing, although I did test the limits once to many and flipped my car costing me a better finish!! Overall I think it was the best competition from the a main to the c main not a hack on the track, well maybe coon he was hitting everything. Cant wait to get outdoors and on asphalt
Old 07-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default WRC?

Originally Posted by eff one
Had a great day of racing sunday chasing the trifecta of yellow jordans. I brought some new chassis to race but they got benched for the good ol McLaren f103 which was absolutely hooked up for the first time after taking some set up advice from vessel at the end of last season. Oh and brad, it was fun chasing you around the circuit, next time though I will make a better first lap and put the pressure on boy!! As for the track it was really fast and fun especially the combo curbing, although I did test the limits once to many and flipped my car costing me a better finish!! Overall I think it was the best competition from the a main to the c main not a hack on the track, well maybe coon he was hitting everything. Cant wait to get outdoors and on asphalt
Curious to hear what the issues were with your WRC... I plan on making it to Cinci, hope to see you up there!

Ned
Old 07-30-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That was "The Gates" first large F1 race and the courtesy shown by every racer top to bottom was outstanding. We were running 9 second laps (occasionally sub 9's) and everyone gave each other room. I finished 4th and I was in the "C" due to a part failure in the qualifying session. I had no issues with traffic that I would not have had in a faster group.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:42 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Results from the UF1 Midwest series race #1:

uf1.pdf
Old 07-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Wayne for the results. Looking forward to making it over there for the warmup and/or the Halloween Classic.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

TSRCAR along with my self, will be hosting an UF1 Midwest series event Saturday Aug 17th. The race will use the UF1 rules and race format, which can be found at UF1rc.com.

Entry fee will be $20 and 15$ for the second class. USGT will be run along with the UF1 cars. Awards (think large "apple juice glass") will be given out to the TQ and top three of the USGT race.

The track is located at
Hamilton County Fairgrounds
7801 Anthony Wayne Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45216

Race schedule

Friday Aug 16th
Gates open at 4:00 pm
Practice till 8:30 pm

Saturday Aug 17th
Gates open at 7:45 am
Open practice 8:00 am to 11:45 am
Racing starts at noon

Hotels can be found at this link http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g5...io-Hotels.html

Some hotels maybe closer to the track but this is a good area to stay and has nicer hotels than ones that can be closer to the track.

Also check out things going on in Cincinnati, it also has special deals for the family! http://cincinnatiusa.com/

The track has limited electricity (generators would be welcome). Trailer and rv's are fine (no RV hook ups must have their own generator). Racers are encouraged to bring shade, tables, and chairs for pitting.
This should be an exciting event with the growing popularity of F1 rc racing. I look forward to seeing new and old faces at the race!

For questions please email me at [email protected]

Monti
Old 08-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We will have F1RCGP Series Round 8 will be held on Aug 17th.

Click here for the rules, registration forms.

For more information, please visit http://www.f1rcgp.com/ http://www.sscc-gt.com/

FYI, Thanks.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Bummer, I miss another one. Having my carpal tunnel surgery on the 14th.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Curious to hear what the issues were with your WRC... I plan on making it to Cinci, hope to see you up there!

Ned
Well Ned I broke the kingpin in half after one hit of the wall, then the ride height spacer and bearing broke also. The small rear wing screws ripped through the side panels of the wing. After all that I got it running pretty good, and it seemed to respond to set up changes. I would by the hop up king pins from brad when you get to the track if you have not already, luckily he had a ton of parts with him at the track.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Default WRC

Well Ned I broke the kingpin in half after one hit of the wall, then the ride height spacer and bearing broke also. The small rear wing screws ripped through the side panels of the wing. After all that I got it running pretty good, and it seemed to respond to set up changes. I would by the hop up king pins from brad when you get to the track if you have not already, luckily he had a ton of parts with him at the track.
Thanks for the info. I did not know about the kingpin problem. I'll have to take a look at that for sure. It's weird that the spacer and bearing broke, never thought they would be an issue. Have you checked if other mfrs. spacers will fit? I don't like the plastic the wings are made from, too soft and flexible. Did you see my mods to use Tamiya wings? Turns out that the Tamiya rear crossmember drops right in and you can bolt on any std. wings. (Found this out after I hacked out a new custom part!!! ;-))

I'm a bit confused on the UF1 wing rules that seem to allow any molded wing. Since the older cars use wider rear wings and narrower front wings a "mix and match" could be a tuning tool at the expense of the scale realism they seem to be going for. I put the wide wing on the front to be a better bumper and the narrow one on the rear to match with to body. If UF1 rules don't define that the wings need to match the body, it will be interesting. (I requested a clarification but have not received and answer...)

I have the Fenix I-Mola conversion and think it has a simpler and easier to adjust rear suspension. Lots of options.

Still planning to make Cinci but having back issues that make it difficult to travel.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Default Best Wishes!!

Originally Posted by AreCee
Bummer, I miss another one. Having my carpal tunnel surgery on the 14th.
Good luck on your surgery! Take care and live to race again!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Good luck on your surgery! Take care and live to race again!!!
Thanks. I only wish that I could get better driving skills implanted but I'll be happy not to go numb halfway through the heat.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AreCee
Thanks. I only wish that I could get better driving skills implanted but I'll be happy not to go numb halfway through the heat.
You are right! That will be a big help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.