R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #526
Tech Adept
 
eff one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post


Gary Katzer Fridays...lets all celebrate!!
Ha I have no idea who he is, but he seems quite clever
__________________
BLASTF1 Championship
Racing since 1994
eff one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #527
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,500
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
Ha I have no idea who he is, but he seems quite clever
Gary was your race director at Hotslots in Urbana!!

__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #528
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Forgot to answer the second part of the question, we are going to 1 day races it got to be too much being at every event for 2 days
Thank you for the info!
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #529
Tech Adept
 
eff one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Gary was your race director at Hotslots in Urbana!!

oh yes now I remember, he was a very rule oriented, handing out pit penalties like candy on Halloween!
__________________
BLASTF1 Championship
Racing since 1994
eff one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #530
Tech Fanatic
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 952
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

When does the indoor carpet series start?
__________________
-Derrick-
"Yeah, well, thats just like your opinion, man."
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #531
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Uf1 Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
When does the indoor carpet series start?
From what Brad said (copied below) the next series will be a mix of outdoor and carpet.

Just wanted to give an update.
We have a preliminary schedule for the next series that has been distributed to the host sites for approval. Right now we have locked in 4 tracks and dates. I am hoping to lock in #5 this weekend. I don't have a location for the final race, but that will not interfere with the start of the series July 28 at the Gate.
The series will be 8 races starting in July and running through next May. We will be on a 2 on /1 off schedule. So for instance, we will have races in July and August with nothing in September and coming back in October, etc,etc
Hit me up with any questions
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #532
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yes that is correct the series will be mixed. I like to run outdoors and I know there are others that do as well. The series will be 9 or 10 races and go form now till next May, with short breaks throughout The majority of the events are still on carpet and you will get to drop 3-4 races depending on the total number of events. We will again be paying out cash awards to the top 10 in points at the end of the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
From what Brad said (copied below) the next series will be a mix of outdoor and carpet.

Just wanted to give an update.
We have a preliminary schedule for the next series that has been distributed to the host sites for approval. Right now we have locked in 4 tracks and dates. I am hoping to lock in #5 this weekend. I don't have a location for the final race, but that will not interfere with the start of the series July 28 at the Gate.
The series will be 8 races starting in July and running through next May. We will be on a 2 on /1 off schedule. So for instance, we will have races in July and August with nothing in September and coming back in October, etc,etc
Hit me up with any questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
When does the indoor carpet series start?
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #533
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 1,303
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Don't forget race two is in Cincinnati on the asphalt! A support class of USGT has been added as well. You can find more information here

UF1 series race Cincinnati, OH Aug 17th!


Good luck to all those going to the Gate!

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #534
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

First race of the UF1 Midwest series is just a few weeks away!

NORCAR has been playing around with different layouts for the race. Here's an example of one we tried

Pit lane is not shown, but it's off in the lower left side.

UF1 MIDWEST-f1-layout.jpg
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #535
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Thumbs up WOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
First race of the UF1 Midwest series is just a few weeks away!

NORCAR has been playing around with different layouts for the race. Here's an example of one we tried

Pit lane is not shown, but it's off in the lower left side.

Attachment 1089740
I like that!!! Nice layout!!!
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #536
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,248
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Track looks nice, wish I could make the first round. I'll just have to wait until round two I suppose.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #537
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Ok guys here is the finalized schedule for 2013/14
UF1 Midwest schedule 2013/14


July 28 Cleveland,Ohio The Gate
August 17 Cincinnati, Ohio TSRCAR
September 22 Joliet, Illinois Leisure Hours Raceway
November 2 Winthrop Harbor,IL The Track
November 23 Toledo, Ohio Hobby Stop West
January 25-26 Carbondale, IL *2 day event
February 15 Urbana, IL Hot Slots Raceway
April 12 Bradley,IL Eclipse Hobbies
May 10 Toledo,Ohio 1/8TH Racers of Toledo (Outdoor)
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #538
Tech Adept
 
eff one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Ok guys here is the finalized schedule for 2013/14
UF1 Midwest schedule 2013/14


July 28 Cleveland,Ohio The Gate
August 17 Cincinnati, Ohio TSRCAR
September 22 Joliet, Illinois Leisure Hours Raceway
November 2 Winthrop Harbor,IL The Track
November 23 Toledo, Ohio Hobby Stop West
January 25-26 Carbondale, IL *2 day event
February 15 Urbana, IL Hot Slots Raceway
April 12 Bradley,IL Eclipse Hobbies
May 10 Toledo,Ohio 1/8TH Racers of Toledo (Outdoor)
how many drops, three I assume?
__________________
BLASTF1 Championship
Racing since 1994
eff one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #539
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
how many drops, three I assume?
Yes at the moment we are looking at 3 drops
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #540
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Just to toss it out there so everyone knows..

The day before the UF1 Midwest series race at NORCAR, we will be running a NORCAR club race, July 27th (Saturday).

The layout will be pretty much the same from club race to the UF1 race.
The UF1 race may have some additional dots and berms put down
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**

Last edited by sg1; 07-17-2013 at 12:29 PM.
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9356 05-21-2017 02:08 PM
FORMULA R/C - Green Bay Parking Lot Racing Howler Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 550 09-08-2015 12:17 PM
MSI Racing and Hobbies: Roseville, Michigan (midwest grand slam) PaintVagrant Racing Forum 26 08-09-2012 09:48 PM
UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL! F N CUDA Electric On-Road 117 07-11-2012 11:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:08 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net