R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #316
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Read the last line: For additional rules and information........

This is where thr ROAR bit is, under motors.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #317
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
Relax already!

I am not the race organizer. He will have a final say when he is ready.

Helmet, Don't care much about it.

Rear wing... This is an F1 like series. And F1 cars do use rear wings. Yes, I think this should be a requirement. I never thought about taking the rear wing off, as that would be outside the spirit of the event.

Snowy.
snowy
If your not the race organizer why respond?

Here is the problem Snowy, the guy making the rules broke a pretty important rule big conflict of interest I would think

.....as the rules state
for additional rules see the web site
"must use a helmet" as posted per the link rules also state must use a rear wing.

Now here is the problem the race " organizer" didnt follow the rules so I wonder if that only goes for him or all of us. or if you and me dont have to run those items

no helmet can be a big deal, the difference of my almost traction rolling or not doing it at all.

also if you chose to not run a rear wing or it flat out falls off your runs should not count same goes for no helmet, your runes should not count i mean how hard is it to put the little helmet on?

Just trying to feel out what rules we are trying to follow and who has to follow them

dont you want to know snowy what rules you need to follow? or if only you need to follow them and not any other racers?
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #318
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Read the last line: For additional rules and information........

This is where thr ROAR bit is, under motors.
Umm no

additional, means rules not covered.....

where is states 21.5 motors that rule is covered per the "midwest uf1 rules"
example is pardus tires are a midwest rule per the sheet

no need to pick and chose the rules Midwest UF1 rules exceed UF1 because its all ready stated as its not additional.
example of an addition rule is, must use helmet or wings.
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #319
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to MarkerInbound

I'm trying to understand the rules as well as I just finished my first F1 trial. F1 rules allow 205mm front and I just reduced mine from 200 to 180mm. I was told that there is no weight limit for F1 yet UF1 sets 1050 gram as a minimum and I think I'm close. I think my current motor could be replaced and UF1 gives a list for replacement options that guys in the series may or may not be using. As far as racing without a helmet and wing go, I hope that's a joke because that would be like racing a class with a chassis and a sticker that reads 21.5 on the motor. The series sounds like a blast and I can't wait to race. Until I can better understand the rules I'm just going to err on the side of caution by adopting the more restrictive rules while trying to run a realistically scaled F1 racing car. These issues seem to plague every track that I've been to especially if you have a "3.5". I'm not looking for 1st place, I just want to pass the guy that just crashed in front of me.

Last edited by MarkerInbound; 03-03-2013 at 08:56 PM.
MarkerInbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #320
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
Umm no

additional, means rules not covered.....

where is states 21.5 motors that rule is covered per the "midwest uf1 rules"
example is pardus tires are a midwest rule per the sheet

no need to pick and chose the rules Midwest UF1 rules exceed UF1 because its all ready stated as its not additional.
example of an addition rule is, must use helmet or wings.
There's many other races/hobbies you could attend if you're so against this series. I knew exactly why you were asking those specific questions. It's a shame, you could have lots of fun if you just came out and raced instead of gossiping with your quilting buddies about every little bs detail.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
snowy
If your not the race organizer why respond?

Here is the problem Snowy, the guy making the rules broke a pretty important rule big conflict of interest I would think

.....as the rules state
for additional rules see the web site
"must use a helmet" as posted per the link rules also state must use a rear wing.

Now here is the problem the race " organizer" didnt follow the rules so I wonder if that only goes for him or all of us. or if you and me dont have to run those items

no helmet can be a big deal, the difference of my almost traction rolling or not doing it at all.

also if you chose to not run a rear wing or it flat out falls off your runs should not count same goes for no helmet, your runes should not count i mean how hard is it to put the little helmet on?

Just trying to feel out what rules we are trying to follow and who has to follow them

dont you want to know snowy what rules you need to follow? or if only you need to follow them and not any other racers?
OK Jeff, I'm here, take your shots!!!
As far as the helmet goes, yes it is a rule, and no I didnt have one on my car. I took it off to make templates for the new decal sheets, I was a bit scattered when I left for the race and forgot to grab it off my desk.
As far as my wing, it was broken in Chicago and I glued it, in the first qualifier it broke completely off, it was replaced for the mains.
You sure have a lot of backhanded comments for someone who has run 2 or 3 races all season, and hasnt shown up for 1 UF1 race yet.
Its funny how everyone is pretty much playing nice together until you show up trying to be funny.
Anything else you want to take up with me? Bring it!!!
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #322
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkerInbound View Post
I'm trying to understand the rules as well as I just finished my first F1 trial. F1 rules allow 205mm front and I just reduced mine from 200 to 180mm. I was told that there is no weight limit for F1 yet UF1 sets 1050 gram as a minimum and I think I'm close. I think my current motor could be replaced and UF1 gives a list for replacement options that guys in the series may or may not be using. As far as racing without a helmet and wing go, I hope that's a joke because that would be like racing a class with a chassis and a sticker that reads 21.5 on the motor. The series sounds like a blast and I can't wait to race. Until I can better understand the rules I'm just going to err on the side of caution by adopting the more restrictive rules while trying to run a realistically scaled F1 racing car. These issues seem to plague every track that I've been to especially if you have a "3.5". I'm not looking for 1st place, I just want to pass the guy that just crashed in front of me.
If you have any questions on the rules I will be happy to answer them. The basics are a max width of 190mm which is either a 3Racing FGX or an F104 with the Rsector widening kit. ROAR approved 21.5 motor, ESC in blinky mode.For the midwest series we are running the Pardus spec tires. We havent been teching at the first couple of races, but we will be. The Turnigy Trackstar motors do not fit the rules, but will be allowed for the remainder of this series due to my oversight.
Hope this helps, we are looking forward to the next round in Urbana
Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #323
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to MarkerInbound

Thanks BP, PFB has been helping me out a lot. The weight issue I forgot to ask about.
MarkerInbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #324
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkerInbound View Post
Thanks BP, PFB has been helping me out a lot. The weight issue I forgot to ask about.
We will observe the 1050 minimum. If you come in light you will have a chance to fix it. We are here to make the racing fun for everyone.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #325
Tech Apprentice

Wow crazy ppl complain about rules. The rules help keep the series more competitive. Every class i run in at my local track has ruels. GT,usvt,and f1. We fallow the same rules uf1 does. Never had one person complain. We have any where from 7you to 14you cars in f1. We all shear setups on the car and electronics.
Huskerfan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #326
Tech Elite

It always amazes me how many people feel they they should be exempted from the rules just because they feel they are special.

BULL!!!!!!

If you don't like the rules go find someplace that you find comfortable don't try to change EVERYONE to suit your preferences.

I shelved my VTA when the rules changed but finally caved in and spent the money for a motor to comply with the RULES.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
It always amazes me how many people feel they they should be exempted from the rules just because they feel they are special.

BULL!!!!!!

If you don't like the rules go find someplace that you find comfortable don't try to change EVERYONE to suit your preferences.

I shelved my VTA when the rules changed but finally caved in and spent the money for a motor to comply with the RULES.
Some feel the need to try and change the rules to meet their own agendas, while others think that stirring the pot will create a buzz not realizing the damage they are doing.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #328
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Some feel the need to try and change the rules to meet their own agendas, while others think that stirring the pot will create a buzz not realizing the damage they are doing.
I guess I'm one of those that may break the rules but unintentionally. Lon was really talking up the Trackstar motor at the first race and at the time we all thought it was a legal motor so I went ahead and purchased one. Since it is deemed legal for this season I will use it for the remainder of the series so I won't feel like I threw away the $35.

However, the way I drive it wouldn't matter which motor I have.

BTW: All the guys at Eclipse really liked how the Red Bull livery turned out on my car.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #329
Tech Adept

Default ....

Im looking forward to race weekend 3, all this chatter about rules can all be resolved for next season. Yes brad did not have said helmet, but to say that has any bearing on a cars ability to stop traction roll ,is hogwash imo. When i decided to join, i read the rules and followed them, not difficult. To say someone is cheating because there wing was broken during a heat has troll written all over it, get over yourself. I would be more than happy to lend a hand with tech! The series is awesome as is, yes room for improvement, in due time, it can only get bigger and better!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #330
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
Im looking forward to race weekend 3, all this chatter about rules can all be resolved for next season. Yes brad did not have said helmet, but to say that has any bearing on a cars ability to stop traction roll ,is hogwash imo. When i decided to join, i read the rules and followed them, not difficult. To say someone is cheating because there wing was broken during a heat has troll written all over it, get over yourself. I would be more than happy to lend a hand with tech! The series is awesome as is, yes room for improvement, in due time, it can only get bigger and better!
He's just looking for stuff to pick on because he thinks he can do it better. When he actually shows up for a race we will see what is what