R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
Thats a good question. I think I recall being told some where on here to reference the uf1 rules. This is not a huge deal.......

Another question I asked that was never really answered is what happens if someone doesnt pit twice ? Also does someone suffer the same punishment if they break there car before their last pit stop ?
The pit stop penalty is two laps deducted from your total laps for each pit stop missed. http://uf1rc.com/rules-and-regulations/

If a car breaks down before the last pit stop, we typicaly do not asses a penalty. Some times when I am the pit boss and a broken car returns to the track after a quick repair, I will put a sticker on and release. Now, if a car were to "forget" to pit and "breakdown" on the last lap a penalty of two laps would be assesd. We have a lot of drivers that liked to wait until the very end and then take both pits a few laps before the end of the race. The strategy being that the race director would call traffic for the "assumed leader" who had not taken a pit stop. It was getting to the point where in the last two minutes of a race the pit was always full. The risk being that the pit would be full up until the last lap and then you would be SOL.

Last edited by 240Z; 02-11-2013 at 11:40 PM.
240Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #167
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
So much for a drama-free series....

Here's the photos I got that turned out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7011350...7632750393832/
(Thanks for the tires Rick!)

I had a blast all weekend and placed way better than I had expected. Can't wait for Toledo!
Those pictures turned out great for how dark it was in there.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #168
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
So much for a drama-free series....

Here's the photos I got that turned out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7011350...7632750393832/
(Thanks for the tires Rick!)

I had a blast all weekend and placed way better than I had expected. Can't wait for Toledo!
You need to thank someone else for the tires.

As for the drama, I really don't care how points are assessed. I'm coming to as many days as I can make and race with my friends. That's why I'm doing this. Same approach I take with the Midwest Series for nitro on road racing in the summer. I know I can't make all the dates so I just make the ones I can and have fun doing the best I can.

That's what all of this is for. We as competitive drivers often lose sight of that, I'm just as guilty as anyone.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #169
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z View Post
The pit stop penalty is two laps deducted from your total laps for each pit stop missed. http://uf1rc.com/rules-and-regulations/

If a car breaks down before the last pit stop, we typicaly do not asses a penalty. Some times when I am the pit boss and a broken car returns to the track after a quick repair, I will put a sticker on and release. Now, if a car were to "forget" to pit and "breakdown" on the last lap a penalty of two laps would be assesd. We have a lot of drivers that liked to wait until the very end and then take both pits a few laps before the end of the race. The strategy being that the race director would call traffic for the "assumed leader" who had not taken a pit stop. It was getting to the point where in the last two minutes of a race the pit was always full. The risk being that the pit would be full up until the last lap and then you would be SOL.
Thank you for clearing that up.
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #170
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
You need to thank someone else for the tires.

As for the drama, I really don't care how points are assessed. I'm coming to as many days as I can make and race with my friends. That's why I'm doing this. Same approach I take with the Midwest Series for nitro on road racing in the summer. I know I can't make all the dates so I just make the ones I can and have fun doing the best I can.

That's what all of this is for. We as competitive drivers often lose sight of that, I'm just as guilty as anyone.

In the end I'm coming to as many of the races that I can also. I love the idea of a traveling series! I did not have any issues with anyone we raced with and thought it was a great bunch of guys to spend a long weekend with. I just feel there is some room for improvement in how the races are scored to make the races more enjoyable for the majority. After speaking to several other racers at the track I found I was not the only one who thought so. I just wanted to have a conversation on the subject. my intentions where not to start a fight with anyone.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #171
Tech Adept

Default scoring points

Just want to through my two cents in, the one problem i have with the final points being decided by the total laps run over three rounds, if i for instance get punted into the wall by race driver A and break lets say a servo saver and can only complete nine laps and the best driver completes 90 laps, i am now behind by 81 laps going into round two. That will be impossible to make up unless bad luck for the leading driver causes a dnf for him/her. I would stand no chance of a good points day. Perhaps we should be handing out points for each race individually for the three races per day. Overall i enjoyed the 15 minute/2 pit stops races its just long enough to make my vision blurry. I also like the fact that i can be in the c main and if i put together a 3 good lapping runs, i can still finish high up the order when combining all the laps and times from the B and A. So it is the way it is and the same for everyone else and im fine with that. I thank Brad for putting together this chance to get out of the house and run indoors with other drivers who love the f1 class here in the midwest!! Looking forward to racing in ohio next!! Oh and sorry ]about dropping the f bomb on the drivers stand if i offended any of u haha..
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #172
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
Just want to through my two cents in, the one problem i have with the final points being decided by the total laps run over three rounds, if i for instance get punted into the wall by race driver A and break lets say a servo saver and can only complete nine laps and the best driver completes 90 laps, i am now behind by 81 laps going into round two. That will be impossible to make up unless bad luck for the leading driver causes a dnf for him/her. I would stand no chance of a good points day. Perhaps we should be handing out points for each race individually for the three races per day. Overall i enjoyed the 15 minute/2 pit stops races its just long enough to make my vision blurry. I also like the fact that i can be in the c main and if i put together a 3 good lapping runs, i can still finish high up the order when combining all the laps and times from the B and A. So it is the way it is and the same for everyone else and im fine with that. I thank Brad for putting together this chance to get out of the house and run indoors with other drivers who love the f1 class here in the midwest!! Looking forward to racing in ohio next!! Oh and sorry ]about dropping the f bomb on the drivers stand if i offended any of u haha..
Well said and I agree. This is also a option on resolving the I broke my car early and now there is no way for me to salvage the day. I did not hear any f bombs. Lol
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Points

I cannot help but to feel in the "hot seat" with this. For a few reasons.

I can put "hard ended boards" in at 180's and listen to complaints of unforgiving layouts and broken cars.

I can use flappers and listen to complaints of stripped spur gears when a car "attacks the corner" and gets stuck and a heavy handed driver stabs the throttle and rips the gear out or get "punted" by a close following car as they are stuck.

I can use "mellow" hand made corner dots that are forgiving for those that turn in to quick and can be drivin' over in the event of a driver "miscue" or "risk vs reward" situation.

There are very few permanent facilities that are able to have a 50'x100' track with 10' of racing lane and a gadzillion lumens in lighting.

The series organizer has an "amended" points sheet for approval. I am guessing, at least 1 or more will not be happy. A tie breaker would have been used for day 1, but after the second day of racing using the 100 pts system for each round, resulting in a 300 pt day possible, it was not needed.

I am also sending the points spread sheet template on to Pat at Hobby Stop and Jim at Hot Slots so they will not have to start from scratch.

Eric
Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
In the end I'm coming to as many of the races that I can also. I love the idea of a traveling series! I did not have any issues with anyone we raced with and thought it was a great bunch of guys to spend a long weekend with. I just feel there is some room for improvement in how the races are scored to make the races more enjoyable for the majority. After speaking to several other racers at the track I found I was not the only one who thought so. I just wanted to have a conversation on the subject. my intentions where not to start a fight with anyone.
No fighting here Lon. I had a great time. I do agree the points system is different and can cause issues depending on dnfs and so on. Sounds like Eric and Brad are working to offer a solution we can agree on.

See everyone in Toledo.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #175
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
I cannot help but to feel in the "hot seat" with this. For a few reasons.

I can put "hard ended boards" in at 180's and listen to complaints of unforgiving layouts and broken cars.

I can use flappers and listen to complaints of stripped spur gears when a car "attacks the corner" and gets stuck and a heavy handed driver stabs the throttle and rips the gear out or get "punted" by a close following car as they are stuck.

I can use "mellow" hand made corner dots that are forgiving for those that turn in to quick and can be drivin' over in the event of a driver "miscue" or "risk vs reward" situation.

There are very few permanent facilities that are able to have a 50'x100' track with 10' of racing lane and a gadzillion lumens in lighting.

The series organizer has an "amended" points sheet for approval. I am guessing, at least 1 or more will not be happy. A tie breaker would have been used for day 1, but after the second day of racing using the 100 pts system for each round, resulting in a 300 pt day possible, it was not needed.

I am also sending the points spread sheet template on to Pat at Hobby Stop and Jim at Hot Slots so they will not have to start from scratch.

Eric
As far as I know no one had any issues with you or your layout. I know I didn't. I will go on record as saying your curbs of death are far from being "curbs of death". I used them more than a few times and I was thankful they where in place. I was worried about pit lane being in the location it was but it turned out to work fine. I'm very much looking forward to coming back up there!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #176
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Eric i can assure you that my wheel fell off when i was dead center in the lane, lol...

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #177
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I spoke with pat at hobby stop west today and the track is going to be open for practice all day friday. He does plan on running his normal race program on sunday but will start the racing a hour earlier to try and get everyone out at a decent time.
Sounds like we will have a lot of support for the series in Toledo! I'm excited to race in a class against 20+ people.

What was the official start and completion time of the races this past weekend? Maybe we need to talk Pat out of running anything but F1 if there are 20 or more cars; I know a few racers will only be attending Sunday. Hopefully big numbers Saturday means bigger numbers Sunday and keep it F1 only and adjust start time accordingly… well that is my opinion at least.
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #178
Tech Adept

Default the track

I had zero issues with the track, i had fun attacking the curbing all weekend, and of course paid the penalty when i missed, thus the eff bomb. If your looking for a points table to use, just use what the real f1 circuit uses..25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1. top ten score points weather u score all 3 races together or 3 races individually, maybe throw a bonus point in for winning your heat and fastest lap. no need for nascar points when running f1.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Forgot about a family affair on the Toledo weekend, the 23rd & 24th, and can't make it. Looking to race again at Hotslots and TCS.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #180
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
I had zero issues with the track, i had fun attacking the curbing all weekend, and of course paid the penalty when i missed, thus the eff bomb. If your looking for a points table to use, just use what the real f1 circuit uses..25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1. top ten score points weather u score all 3 races together or 3 races individually, maybe throw a bonus point in for winning your heat and fastest lap. no need for nascar points when running f1.
We had talked about distributing that type of points system locally but passed over it in favor of something that gives everyone points because it is not fair to the people who show up when there are only 10 cars versus 20 cars racing at a time.
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote