R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   2005 Reedy Race-3700's not allowed in Open Mod (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/69330-2005-reedy-race-3700s-not-allowed-open-mod.html)

Todd Hodge 04-15-2005 07:38 AM

2005 Reedy Race-3700's not allowed in Open Mod

Just would like to know everyones thoughts on this. 3700's are allowed in the Invite Class but not in Open Modified. Supposedly this is because one of the major motor manufacturers felt it was not fair for their drivers to compete with the Brushless when running 3300's so they insisted on 3700's. So why can't the Open class have the same benifit of running 3700's in the Open Class with the brushless? Tamiya has a long straightaway and it is critical on horsepower and runtime. 3700's would only help the racers running brushed motors. This is a not FAIR to the brushed motor racers and only gives a advantage to the brushless racers. Again it is another race where brushed motors are getting pushed out so brushless can take their place in racing.

This is a perfect example of Brushless manufacturers using their political power to get what they want:nod:

kufman 04-15-2005 07:48 AM

I am a little confused by your post. Are you saying that one of the brushless companies insisted that their system would not be competative without the use of 3700's? Doesn't sound like a very good brushless to me.

Frank McKinney 04-15-2005 07:56 AM

"As the Spur Gear Turns"

Mr. Shookie 04-15-2005 07:58 AM

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
"As the Spur Gear Turns"
ROFLOL:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dr_hfuhuhurr 04-15-2005 07:59 AM

"As the Spur Gear Turns"
WWTD?

I'm assuming it wasn't Trinity then...poor Trinity getting "brushed" (sorry for the pun) off by politics.

speedxl 04-15-2005 08:03 AM

No he said the brushed guys said it was unfair to run against brushless without the the xtra capacity!

I am trying to get in and run 19t but I still say that 3700's should be allowed because there will be brushless running in the open class. And those guys have big guns in that class so they should be allowed.!

I agree with you! Todd.

Advil 04-15-2005 08:03 AM

"As the Spur Gear Turns"
I thought it was "As the Armature Turns".

Mr. Shookie 04-15-2005 08:05 AM

Originally posted by Advil
I thought it was "As the Armature Turns".
See I thought it was "As the Layshaft Turns"

kufman 04-15-2005 08:13 AM

No he said the brushed guys said it was unfair to run against brushless without the the xtra capacity!

Ahhh that makes more sense.

patrick 04-15-2005 08:16 AM

Todge is right, and if enough people voice their opinion, the powers that be might just change their mind...

kt racing 04-15-2005 08:19 AM

What todd is trying to say is that
Brushed motors draw alot of amps and are not very efficiant. Therefore you have to gear the motors lower so that they will not dump the 3300mah battiery

Brushless motors still draw alot of amps but they are very efficiant some are around 95% so they won't kill the battery as fast. So you can gear them alot higher with out concern of the 3300mah battery dumping.

Todd wants to allow 3700mah batteries so that they can gear brushed motor as high as the brushless and not be concerned with dumping. Basiclly to make it a fair for both sides.

keith

rtypec 04-15-2005 08:20 AM

Runtime right now with new 3300s is about 5:30 with a 7x1 driving punched out of your mind. Of course the last lap is going to be a crawler and I wouldn't mind the extra mahs to do a warm up lap or two and still finish strong. Also, new batteries don't stay new for too long with the kind of power these low wind motors pull :(

psst...those brushless systems have a lot of rip! ;)

McSmooth 04-15-2005 08:30 AM

I think I'd rather hear the opinion of a non or partially-sponsored guy who will be racing the Open Mod class.

You know, the guy that would be forced to go by 6 new packs of 3700s if they're permitted.

As for the 'hired guns' running in the class that get all their batteries for free....who cares. Deal with it.

Jon Williams 04-15-2005 08:31 AM

McSmooth - YGPM.

lickrim 04-15-2005 08:38 AM

thats what you get when you quit, bust out that LRP system todd, it makes sense that factory guys are running the other
battery they are the only one's that could get the new chasis or
prototype stuff like that , trinity is off the boat on this one.