2005 Reedy Race-3700's not allowed in Open Mod

2005 Reedy Race-3700's not allowed in Open Mod

Old 04-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
Ge wiz

The Reedy is`nt a Roar event...

So why would a racer demand Roar rules ?

seems abit dumb to think like that ....
My point wasn't that they should just use ROAR rules but that the rules should be fair and unbiased. By allowing any item that nobody can walk into a hobby shop a purchase is far from fair.

Mark
Old 04-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
From what I understand, 3700s are allowed because they are currently IFMAR legal. So in an international race with drivers from all over the world competing, it only makes sense to allow them.

As for brushless, I think any motor should be allowed in invitational class - prototype or not.

But in Open, since 3700s are not allowed (supposedly because of ROAR legality), I hope that the organizers only allow ROAR approved motors. If non-approved motors are allowed, and 3700s are not, there is defiitely some funny business going on.
If I understood the original post correctly the race officials had decided to allow the prototype brushless but not allow the production GP3700 batts for the open class. In the invite class it sounds like both the GP and prototype esc/motors will be allowed.

Mark
Old 04-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Regional Moderator

I agree that 3700's should not be allowed. I know it's not a ROAR race, but I think that it is one ROAR rule that makes sense. There should be no worries about competition if 3300's are all that everyone is running and no one would have to go out and buy new batteries to be able to do their best. And another idea - why not run brushless as a separte class? It just seems to make more sense that way.
What ever happened to the days when championships were won by skill and practice instead of motors and batteries?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The problem is that the prototype brushless have an advantage over the brushed motors in efficiency. Therefore they can gear them for more speed without worrying about killing the 3300's. In order to gear a brushed motor to compete (since they have all the ROAR rule hindering technology advancements and brushless apparently don't) they will probably dump a 3300 in 3-4 minutes. So if the 3700's were legal with the extra capacity, those of us running brushed motors may be able to even the playing field.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

World titles have always been won on the full package....talent, car, parts, etc...you will rarely win in any type of racing without the complete package....

Later EddieO
Old 04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
TLRacing

Default Re: 3700

Originally posted by lickrim
thats what you get when you quit, bust out that LRP system todd, it makes sense that factory guys are running the other
battery they are the only one's that could get the new chasis or
prototype stuff like that , trinity is off the boat on this one.
Quit what Novak....even if I still raced for Novak I would not use the brushless.

My point is why is it legal in Invite where they are competing against brushless but 3700's are not legal in the Open class.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:54 PM
TLRacing

Default Re: 3700

Originally posted by lickrim
this battery is a club race battery until early 2006, there's a lot of
CBin going on from people that get free batts all the time , trinity
needs to bring some better packs for their paid drivers in the open mod class, so maybe next year they will be in the invite, then 3700 or some thing even more stupid should come up
Sorry bud....complain to Reedy...they are the ones who put me in Open.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was wondering if that was a mistake like last year when they had Jucha in Open at first then changed it and put him into invite.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default todd

reedy should put you in the invite class, the carpet nats were enough , the best racing is in the invite class for sure
Old 04-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stonedgti
I don't mind the battery rules, because all of the invite class drivers are sponsored and is actually an exhibition race, so the manufactures should be allowed to show their new products.

Invite class a EXHIBITION race ?? Oh realy If that is so then why are all the open class guys trying so hard to get into it ????

sorry to change the subject but I disagreed with that statement
Old 04-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In all the racing that I have seen to date with the brushed motors, versus brushless, the brushed motors have won (been faster on the track). So untill the brushless can show that it is up to the task, and better, lets give it a shot! ITS ONLY ONE RACE GUYS.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I Will Make the Rules for The 2005 Reedy Race Of Champions..

Open Modified
Any Batteries That are Sold Over the Shelf for Atleast 1 Month Prior To the Event. 3700's 3300's ETC. Any Motor You Wish Must be Available to Everyone One Month Prior to the Event. Brushed/Brushless..

Invititational
See Above (Why Would anything Change?)

19T
Hand-Out Batteries and Motors. Absolutely No Sponsored Drivers Allowed. If you are Getting the good Stuff you need to Run With the Good Guys..

Rule of Thumb
Open Mod=Open Mod. If you want Rules and Regulations go Race Stock or 19T. If you Want to Go Fast Race Modified.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

dmatter i agree with you, i do feel that what can make this hobby grow is newer people coming out of the woodworks who are good drivers who eventually inspire the lttle people to enjoy themselves more knowing they can also compete for something or continue with what they're doing currently.
as far as brushless goes, in theory a product will eventually have to be put out on the track and with the brushless technology available now, testing and development of the product must occur. what better than a factory drivers hands?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think Everyone Should Run Brushless then they won't have anything to Worry About. Some Great day RC Racers will have Equal Equipment Where it won't matter if you are Sponsored or Not, you will have the good Stuff. I heard people have been Running 3700's In 3300 Shrink Wrap Anyway..This kind of Stuff has been Going on Forever..
Old 04-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

seriously, if a racer has to put a 3300 sticker on a 3700 battery then there is maybe, possibly, the idea that honor is not his or hers motivation or they suck ass cause' they're slow or something

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.