Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

HPI WR8 Flux/Ken Block H.F.H.V. Rally Car Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ill have to just try it out .. my buddy has a newer wr8 so ill run it against his and see
Old 02-17-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Let us know how that goes. I'm interested to know if it's faster or not.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been wanting one of these badly. I got an email that Tower has $70 off the $479, to make it $399 through Saturday, and it pushed me over the edge! Hope to see it next week.

Do they still make the older bodies as well? I would like a beater body that I can trim the lower bumper on, but don't want to do it on my main body. I am just having trouble searching, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I see one guy has a Subie body, I would LOVE an Evo body.

Bump, still can't find any older bodies.

Last edited by Noize; 03-12-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Noize
I have been wanting one of these badly. I got an email that Tower has $70 off $399 through Saturday, and it pushed me over the edge! Hope to see it next week.

Do they still make the older bodies as well? I would like a beater body that I can trim the lower bumper on, but don't want to do it on my main body. I am just having trouble searching, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check out team blue groove on eBay. They have some bodies that fit. Decals for the bodies are oddly sold separately for some reason...
Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have been wanting one of these badly. I got an email that Tower has $70 off $399 through Saturday, and it pushed me over the edge! Hope to see it next week.

Yeah check out teambluegroove. They make them but you still have to buy $18 sticker sheets from their "sister" company MCI racing and make you own masks... I don't know why they just don't sell package deals. Yes the lexan is nice and thick and the bodies are amazing quality but still it all adds up for a reproduction body you still have to put work into.

Anyway... I have a white EVO body I used to run on my WR8-

It's not perfect but it is a good beater body. It has an extra set of holes in it now (from when I ran it on my RS4 Super EP) but it still fits on the WR8.

http://gozzz.imgur.com/all/#2

I'm going to go with the Lasek body for my next WR8 build so it you want it shoot me an offer.

Mike
Old 02-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mike, your cars in those links are sweet!! PM'd you.

I love the Evo VI in real life! Most visceral Evo I've ever driven, but hoping for an Evo X body.

Do any of the Tamiya bodies fit? I think this car is 300mm wheelbase, and most of those are 200mm wheelbase.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Mike, your cars in those links are sweet!! PM'd you.

I love the Evo VI in real life! Most visceral Evo I've ever driven, but hoping for an Evo X body.

Do any of the Tamiya bodies fit? I think this car is 300mm wheelbase, and most of those are 200mm wheelbase.
Doh!... Thanks but I meant to post this link- http://imgur.com/a/HjlGy It shows how the Lancer body looks on the WR8 with some fatty tires ;-) The other link is basically all my cars and random parts... lol.

So unfortunately there is a limited selection of bodies that will fit the WR8. As you noted the wheelbase is 300mm and that pretty much rules out all of the other 1:10 scale bodies.

The only new style bodies I see being released in the foreseeable future will be coming from HPI. I am actually really amazed they went through the trouble of producing an entirely different shell for the chassis. (The Lasek and Isachsen Subarus!!) Lets hope they keep it going!

I'd be floored if we were able to get the whole lineup! I'd bash the poop out of the VW rally bug/polo beast thing and the Hyundai, and the Chevy Sonic (lol). It would be a blast!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

I can't wait for the Subaru bodies. The fiesta just seems like a college chick car to me. Any other bodies are a bonus.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Tech Initiate

I just picked up a Savox servo to replace the stock one. The two rear screws should be easy to get out, but how can I replace the front two without removing a lot of the steering components?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

You need to remove the 2 screws holding the servo bracket from the chassis *from the bottom*. Then you can simply remove the servo horn, remove the servo from the bracket and instal the new one.

You dig?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by synic
I just picked up a Savox servo to replace the stock one. The two rear screws should be easy to get out, but how can I replace the front two without removing a lot of the steering components?
There are two screws you can remove from the underside to take the servo mounting bracket out, which makes servo swaps easy.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MaxxWrecker07
There are two screws you can remove from the underside to take the servo mounting bracket out, which makes servo swaps easy.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I've got the servo, and placed my Savox in the servo "cage". I made sure I plugged in the servo, and set it the steering trim to 0. However, when I replace the servo ring, it's off by a bit. Looking at how this car is set up, that ring can only go on one way (with the notch pointing up). I wound up setting it to 0 with the sub trim, which I believe is right.

However, I'm noticing a lot of buzzing from the servo. I set the left and right endpoints to where if I'm holding it up and turn left and right I don't hear the buzzing (on my Futaba 3pm this was around 60 for the left and right EPA). When I return to center, the noise is mostly gone, though if I play with the wheel a tiny bit the noise totally goes away.

I know that Savoxs are supposed to make a bit of noise, but I wasn't sure of a better way to make sure that my EPAs are properly set. If this is wrong let me know.

Last edited by synic; 02-26-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Updated with new data.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile

I've got the servo, and placed my Savox in the servo "cage". I made sure I plugged in the servo, and set it the steering trim to 0. However, when I replace the servo ring, it's off by a bit. Looking at how this car is set up, that ring can only go on one way (with the notch pointing up). I wound up setting it to 0 with the sub trim, which I believe is right.

However, I'm noticing a lot of buzzing from the servo. I set the left and right endpoints to where if I'm holding it up and turn left and right I don't hear the buzzing (on my Futaba 3pm this was around 60 for the left and right EPA). When I return to center, the noise is mostly gone, though if I play with the wheel a tiny bit the noise totally goes away.

I know that Savoxs are supposed to make a bit of noise, but I wasn't sure of a better way to make sure that my EPAs are properly set. If this is wrong let me know.
Check for binding in the steering linkages and bellcranks. Your servo might be trying to center itself but is struggling to get centered.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

All three of my Savox servos buzz. It's not a big deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.