R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #256
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BK- Nice!! the Associated F-1 looks like a fun car I want one as well.

Bmoreawesom3- Those plates sure look good not sure if the they improve the stability over stock or not.
Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #257
Tech Regular

Wow, nice to see some action on this thread. I ran a few packs through my WR8 last weekend and the front driveshaft fell out while running. I could instantly tell because I lost my 4WD. Luckily, I didn't lose the shaft.

A few winters ago, I ran it in a mix of icy slush and brine and it was great fun. I rinsed it out afterwards but the differential cups and dogbones really didn't like brine and they started to rust. I replaced all of my diff cups with stainless HD versions and cleaned up the dogbones but I guess I left out a tiny spring or o-ring that kept the front diff drive shaft from sliding too far into the cup. Those cups don't pivot like axles so I must have flexed something just enough to allow the dogbone to pop out of the cup. I found a couple of shock o-rings and fixed it.

No sir, I didn't care for the RWD WR8 at all.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #258
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yeah, I just wanted to come here and say that this car has really been a joy to drive. It's great in my office building's smooth, concrete parking garage and in the soft dirt of nearby construction zones - just a simple change of tires. On 2S it runs cool and looks amazing drifting around corners.
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:11 AM   #259
Tech Rookie

After some good rain this weekend I put on some cheap tires and took mine out. I had no idea it would be that much fun drifting and sliding all over the place. Was shocked after 25 minutes of abuse the engine was warm. I was expecting some heat. I guess it truly can handle 3S with no problem. Although I am not ready for it.
bmoreawesom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #260
Tech Regular

Yesterday afternoon I took mine to a bash field next to a local hobby shop. Loose, dry dirt and some small sized jumps. I wasn't prepared for this particular site so I was running the stock gymkhana tires. It hooked up surprisingly well, not too much less traction than my Arrma Typhon, once it got going. On the straight-aways, running 2S, I could hold my ground on the Slashes and monster trucks in attendance. I wish I had brought my rally off road tires. I'm trying to resist the urge to ever run it 3S.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #261
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbynobo View Post
Yesterday afternoon I took mine to a bash field next to a local hobby shop. Loose, dry dirt and some small sized jumps. I wasn't prepared for this particular site so I was running the stock gymkhana tires. It hooked up surprisingly well, not too much less traction than my Arrma Typhon, once it got going. On the straight-aways, running 2S, I could hold my ground on the Slashes and monster trucks in attendance. I wish I had brought my rally off road tires. I'm trying to resist the urge to ever run it 3S.
Yep, I am also fighting the 3S urge also. Be strong.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #262
Tech Master

Come to the dark side. Must try 3s. I don't think I've ever tried 2s.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #263
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Come to the dark side. Must try 3s. I don't think I've ever tried 2s.
I concur with Billy 3S always for the Block.
Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #264
Tech Regular

I'm mostly concerned with how fast 3S would burn through tires. I just took a peek at Amain and see that the Gymkhana tires are currently on back order. I think I once saw a post about someone running 1/10 buggy tires on their WR8. Can anyone speak on this? I'd love to try some Proline Primes, but since I don't currently have any 1/10 buggies I can't see whether 2wd or 4wd wheels would even work.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #265
Tech Rookie

Anyone done any speed tests on 3S? I hit 29 mph on my 2S. Would just be nice to get the difference.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #266
Tech Master

40-45mph on 3s with stock gearing. eBay is good for tires. Unlike when had the 9 month wait for tires. Yes. 3s will trash tires. The off road tires last longer
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote