R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #196
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Nice HPI fleet!
Thanks. I've got one more I'd still like to add to it. I want the Micro RS4 Ken Block Fiesta to match my WR8! I should have never sold my original Micro RS4.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #197
Tech Adept

Okay, so I have been all over the web this past week looking at the WR8 and really love all the comments on it and want one now
so my question is..
What are the differences between this new Blue/Black edition vs the previous White/Black version besides color and radio ??

thanks in advance !
brushless55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Okay, so I have been all over the web this past week looking at the WR8 and really love all the comments on it and want one now
so my question is..
What are the differences between this new Blue/Black edition vs the previous White/Black version besides color and radio ??

thanks in advance !
Nothing. Just a new look. There is actually a third body but was only released in Europe. Hadn't thought about the newer radio but makes sense. Both of mine have the older style controllers.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #199
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Nothing. Just a new look. There is actually a third body but was only released in Europe. Hadn't thought about the newer radio but makes sense. Both of mine have the older style controllers.
just what I thought
thank you
Old 01-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #200
Tech Regular

I bashed the crap outta mine this weekend. I was rather rough on it and hit some lumpy spots in the yard at high speed which sent it end over end many times. WR8 doesn't care. WR8 doesn't give a . WR8 just takes the beating and keeps on going. It's crazy how well the gymkhana tires work in the yard for both traction and drifting and it even climbs hills with ease.

Air compressors are a nice thing to have after a good rally bash.

Even after all the beating and bashing and many high speed passes, the motor wasn't even what I'd call hot. Man, I've owned a lot of cars for the sole purpose of street and yard bashing and this just tops them all. Nothing else I've owned is this good at doing everything I want to do with an RC car.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #201
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal One View Post
I bashed the crap outta mine this weekend. I was rather rough on it and hit some lumpy spots in the yard at high speed which sent it end over end many times. WR8 doesn't care. WR8 doesn't give a . WR8 just takes the beating and keeps on going. It's crazy how well the gymkhana tires work in the yard for both traction and drifting and it even climbs hills with ease.

Air compressors are a nice thing to have after a good rally bash.

Even after all the beating and bashing and many high speed passes, the motor wasn't even what I'd call hot. Man, I've owned a lot of cars for the sole purpose of street and yard bashing and this just tops them all. Nothing else I've owned is this good at doing everything I want to do with an RC car.
Good to read. Never killed a motor but have killed 3, soon to be a 4th stock ESC. Once fan quits ESC won't last long.
Between my 2 I've broken a few hub carriers. Both stock and aluminum. Breaks seem to occur from odd impacts. I can barrel roll it 10x and nothing but catch a crack in pavement during a slide, and snap.

https://youtu.be/jY1LNG2c9n0 Something else the WR8 is good at.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #202
Tech Regular

Oh yeah! Some of the most fun I've ever had with an RC car was with my WR8 3.0 on my road when it looked like that. There was a thin layer of ice with about 1/2 inch of snow. I ran 3 tanks through it and had a freaking blast with it until it all melted a few hours later.

We don't get much snow anymore. There was a time when we had proper winter snows every year. 6 inches deep and schools would be out for weeks at a time but now we're lucky to get an inch for the whole season.

I've got spare hub carriers, a-arms, steering knuckles and hinge pins for every car I own. They are, by far, the most common parts I break while bashing.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:51 AM   #203
Tech Adept

Wow, it's like this car was made for me ! LOL
Old 01-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #204
Tech Master

About 1 inch of snow is perfect for it. Unfortunately past couple years it's been much bigger snowfalls. Good for money plowing but not for driving RC. Been quiet winter so far.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #205
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
so my question is..

thanks in advance !
The Ken Block Flux livery bodies and wheels were changed from year to year to replicate the Ken Block Racing Program. The first early 2012 Ken Blocks came with a smaller T4 radio then were upgraded to the T40. Here's the kit versions and #'s.

2012 / 2013 Kit # 109313

2014 Kit # 114183

2014 Kit # 114183 (Europe Only) "Digital Zebra" with replica fifteen52 Turbomac and Turbofan wheels. Europe Spec Version only No HPI Flux USA Distribution

2015 Kit # 115282 Late release into 2016 "Intergalactic"
Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #206
Tech Adept

Quote:
so my question is..

thanks in advance !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Thanks !
Old 05-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #207
Tech Regular

Since this is my go-to car for wet roads and such, most of my screws and rotating steel parts have started to rust. I always blow it out with my compressor afterwards and let it sit upside down for a while but still, rust happens. My RCscrewz stainless kit arrived today. I've got stainless diff cups ordered. Still looking for some better driveshafts.

Last edited by Metal One; 05-04-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Metal One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:32 PM   #208
Tech Master

Good to read that someone is running theirs. I need to get both of mine back out running. The echo off the church building is too much for night running.
Haven't had to many problems with drive shafts and diff cups. Haven't looked it quite some time now, but didn't someone make a one piece cvd for it? Seem to remember not buying them because of crazy shipping cost. I'll see if I can find them.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #209
Tech Regular

The stainless cups and aluminum steering system arrived today. I've got a good bit of work ahead of me with three diff rebuilds plus the screw kit. Might as well give all the bearings a good cleaning while I'm in there swapping screws.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #210
Tech Regular

Got all the rust and corrosion cleaned up. Bearings cleaned. Stainless diff cups installed and front diff pinion shimmed. Stainless screws installed from front to back. New aluminum steering system with sealed bearings installed. Set droop. All clean and ready to scream.