R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree19Likes

Old 05-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I don't own that version, but you can download the manual here

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/4wd-rally-on-road-%28xv%29-36180/rc-xv-01-chassis-kit-84375
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #633
Tech Elite

@Sir Raman.

Will be starting my XV01 build soon. Waiting just for a few more parts. Hope we can race someday when I am in your area and maybe you can give me some pointers. After going through a lot, I think I found the chassis that's to my liking.

Regards to you and all.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya XV-01-20150504_100541.jpg  
Old 05-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #634
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagadSetup View Post
@Sir Raman.

Will be starting my XV01 build soon. Waiting just for a few more parts. Hope we can race someday when I am in your area and maybe you can give me some pointers. After going through a lot, I think I found the chassis that's to my liking.

Regards to you and all.
Are you building this for Rallye or for the street?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #635
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Are you building this for Rallye or for the street?
I would say street/track use. There is an outdoor track about 10 miles from where I live but it's not maintained. Low grip. This chassis fits that kind of environment because of it's design. Drive train and electronics are protected. I would not run ANY of my belt driven cars there. They won't last. I ordered this set of dampers too. They will probably arrive in the next 2-3 weeks.

I just shelved my TB04 as well because all the grit will go inside of the tub. Sorry I'm too meticulous. Maybe sometime in the future when my budget allows, I will build another XV01 for rally.

FYI, We might be relocating to your area sometime 4th quarter this year or early next year. Depends on how things go. Hope to meet you in person by then. I'm sure that there are decent tracks there in your area.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya XV-01-ta42287.jpg  

Last edited by SagadSetup; 05-04-2015 at 10:05 AM.
SagadSetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #636
Tech Elite

Quote:
I would say street/track use. There is an outdoor track about 10 miles from where I live but it's not maintained. Low grip. This chassis fits that kind of environment because of it's design. Drive train and electronics are protected. I would not run ANY of my belt driven cars there. They won't last. I ordered this set of dampers too. They will probably arrive in the next 2-3 weeks.

I just shelved my TB04 as well because all the grit will go inside of the tub. Sorry I'm too meticulous. Maybe sometime in the future when my budget allows, I will build another XV01 for rally.

FYI, We might be relocating to your area sometime 4th quarter this year or early next year. Depends on how things go. Hope to meet you in person by then. I'm sure that there are decent tracks there in your area.
Its slightly warmer than Connecticut lol and cost of living is a lot less.. there is only one on road race and its in a parking lot, turn out is decent. I do hope someone opens up an indoor on road track here.. would be nice...

However if you are into off road there are plenty of tracks.. maybe together we can convince them to do a rallye class at the off road track
Old 05-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #637
Tech Elite

Quote:
Its slightly warmer than Connecticut lol and cost of living is a lot less.. there is only one on road race and its in a parking lot, turn out is decent. I do hope someone opens up an indoor on road track here.. would be nice...

However if you are into off road there are plenty of tracks.. maybe together we can convince them to do a rallye class at the off road track
The power of 2! Let's try to start a revolution sir Raman! Never had and off road car but it looks fun!

Yay! The pulleys and suspension mounts arriving tomorrow!

I just need to order these to complete my build!
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya XV-01-tamiya-54471-1.jpg  

Last edited by SagadSetup; 05-04-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:32 PM   #638
Tech Elite

Quote:
The power of 2! Let's try to start a revolution sir Raman! Never had and off road car but it looks fun!

Yay! The pulleys and suspension mounts arriving tomorrow!

I just need to order these to complete my build!
Im running plastic gears.. I find no need for the metal gears. Also for the front, I put diff locking putty. I forgot to update my set up sheet for tarmac. So you can either do that or purchase the spool, which is the same spool for the TA06
Old 05-05-2015, 02:26 AM   #639
Tech Elite

Quote:
Im running plastic gears.. I find no need for the metal gears. Also for the front, I put diff locking putty. I forgot to update my set up sheet for tarmac. So you can either do that or purchase the spool, which is the same spool for the TA06
I see. I will follow suit. I forgot, to ask where can you find DCJs for the XV01? Are they 42mm?
Old 05-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #640
Tech Elite

Quote:
I see. I will follow suit. I forgot, to ask where can you find DCJs for the XV01? Are they 42mm?
They don't sell a 42mm as a set, only the 44mm comes complete. I had a spare 44mm, so I ordered the 42mm shafts.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #641
Tech Elite

Quote:
They don't sell a 42mm as a set, only the 44mm comes complete. I had a spare 44mm, so I ordered the 42mm shafts.
Just in time Sir Raman. I was about to hit the "place order" button on RCMart. Good thing I read your reply. That will save me some cash. I will just order the 42mm shafts as well.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:18 AM   #642
Tech Elite

Hello to all.

Does anybody know what brand of wheels are these? It looks nice on the XV01 I saw on youtube.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya XV-01-capture.jpg  
Old 05-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #643
Tech Regular

There's a similar style somewhere on this page. Either way, look on the menu to the left and check different offsets. Thought these are listed as "drift wheels" they are still have the inside flanging for rubber TC tires.

DRIFT/TC Wheels

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #644
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
There's a similar style somewhere on this page. Either way, look on the menu to the left and check different offsets. Thought these are listed as "drift wheels" they are still have the inside flanging for rubber TC tires.

DRIFT/TC Wheels
Thank you sir. Lots of nice wheels on that site. I think I found the actual wheels that I am looking for here: http://www.vaterrarc.com/Products/De...rodID=VTR43023

Looks very scale. I liked them because I had a set of replicas in my 1:1 car in the past but could not remember that they were Volk Racing. This, I'm sure this will look good on my XV01 tarmac setup with either the usual subaru body in electric blue or the VW GTi Golf. I plan to have 7mm ride height as a starting point with this setup.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #645
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Except the spoke number setup is different... but close.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote