R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #466
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Honestly this is my first ever onroad chassis. Prior I had only owned trucks. I am not really sure of "a good ratio" I think it depends what you want to do. Research tells me smaller ratios are good for big open tracks with long sweeps and big ratios eg 1.6-2+ are good for technical stuff and also give a more realistic counter-steering look. Starting at 50/50 was a great way to improve my newb skills but i found it much more fun drifting around the kitchen table legs at 1.25. Can't wait to try 1.5 and hopefully higher.

You can find the 3racing pulleys on ebay and RCmart and probably many other places. RCMart has them listed as "T20 Pulley" etc not 20t pulley for some reason so try that in the search if you cant find them.

In regards to the universals you are right, 46mm would have been much better. I plan to try out the active hobby adjustables (43-53mm) eventually. Bit over the money pit for now though and will hold off on them until I need to order something else.

PS: the XV-01 TC seems to use the same arms, knuckles, c-hubs as the ta-05 and a few other tamiya cars. This which helped a lot when sourcing parts and should mean the width is the same as stock.

Last edited by icekreme1002; 01-07-2014 at 09:10 PM.
icekreme1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormridersp View Post
They did and won the Corsica Rally in the late 80s against the Lancias. As far as I remember, BMW rally cars were prepared by Prodrive, the same racing factory that prepared all the winning Subarus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_B%C3%A9guin
Stormrider, good to hear from you man.. I am back in Southern California! When are you coming for a visit? Lets go to Mammoth for some XV-01 snow rallye
Old 01-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #468
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Stormrider, good to hear from you man.. I am back in Southern California! When are you coming for a visit? Lets go to Mammoth for some XV-01 snow rallye
Oh man! I wish! Actually I was a planning a trip to Tahoe in March, but it went to the drain man, so it wont be this time Im afraid. But Ill do my best to go maybe next winter or summer.

How things going there in paradise my friend?
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #469
Tech Rookie

Default First Hobby Grade RC Car

Hey Guys,

After getting an HPI Micro RS4 Block for Christmas I decided to get a hobby grade car. Maybe this is crazy for my first RC Car but I have an XV-01 on order from my LHS. Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading the thread and look forward to building it and being a member here.
silentgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #470
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormridersp View Post
Oh man! I wish! Actually I was a planning a trip to Tahoe in March, but it went to the drain man, so it wont be this time Im afraid. But Ill do my best to go maybe next winter or summer.

How things going there in paradise my friend?
Things in paradise will be fantastic as soon as I find a job! lol. Otherwise its good....
Old 01-13-2014, 03:17 AM   #471
Tech Adept

Yeah, it got a bit dirty.
It's all clean now, but I do have a problem with things getting into this part of the car. I've noticed some people using bicycle tyre tubes to extend the protectors. I'm thinking I'll need that too.

I ran it in my local park today and it got stones in the steering and in-between the front drive shafts and the suspension arms. Made quite a racket.

Other than that, when there is no obstruction, this handles great. I really like the front spool on dirt. You point, shoot and it goes where you want.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:49 AM   #472
Tech Adept

Default Cleaned, dried and out we go again.

I took it out again today. This track is used mainly for 1/8 buggies and it's bumpy! I think I need to remove some steering though. It shoots left and right very, very quickly.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:19 AM   #473
Tech Rookie

Default Check out 3 racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekreme1002 View Post
Honestly this is my first ever onroad chassis. Prior I had only owned trucks. I am not really sure of "a good ratio" I think it depends what you want to do. Research tells me smaller ratios are good for big open tracks with long sweeps and big ratios eg 1.6-2+ are good for technical stuff and also give a more realistic counter-steering look. Starting at 50/50 was a great way to improve my newb skills but i found it much more fun drifting around the kitchen table legs at 1.25. Can't wait to try 1.5 and hopefully higher.

You can find the 3racing pulleys on ebay and RCmart and probably many other places. RCMart has them listed as "T20 Pulley" etc not 20t pulley for some reason so try that in the search if you cant find them.

In regards to the universals you are right, 46mm would have been much better. I plan to try out the active hobby adjustables (43-53mm) eventually. Bit over the money pit for now though and will hold off on them until I need to order something else.

PS: the XV-01 TC seems to use the same arms, knuckles, c-hubs as the ta-05 and a few other tamiya cars. This which helped a lot when sourcing parts and should mean the width is the same as stock.
The other day my front weels went into full lock again. In that case I bought universal shaft 42 mm for Sakura zero. As well for the axls arms. I'm going to check out other parts today. Suspension arms etc... Does anyone have tried anything? Pictures will come later (if they fits)...
frodepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #474
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same problem with the steering binding. I used a dremel to remove some material from the c-hub. It would rub the the drive cup when turning. I am still using dog bones.
shmit 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #475
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

XV-01 hopups and spares are available at TQ.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/parts...arts_p_id=7215

FYI, Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #476
Tech Initiate

Little surprise on Tamiyablog...
Kigoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #477
Tech Elite

So we now have long damper stays to be used with buggy springs. But then it says the kit comes with the CVA Mini dampers?
Old 02-01-2014, 03:20 AM   #478
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Newbie need help on xv-01 tc pro

Hi all,
M a newbie in rc, recently gotten a 2nd hand xv01 tc
However there is a problem with the car, when my Tx is on N.
The car is running reverse when trigger is squeezed and when Tx turned left the car actually turn right.....
Everything is reversed, so I have to put to R for both throttle n Steering for it to operate as per normal however....
I am using tamiya stock fine spec Tx n teu105bk n tru-08 I have check the wire should b right
Have try reset but still not getting right.
Advise is appreciated
Ty in advance
wilron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #479
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
So we now have long damper stays to be used with buggy springs. But then it says the kit comes with the CVA Mini dampers?
CVA Mini are used as front shocks on Tamiya buggies, this is OK.. But I don't get why they made new daper stays, I thought that CVA mini fit on XV, since XV01T got them?
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #480
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I just ordered one of these cars, any tips?
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote