Tamiya XV-01

You're on Page 29 of 110
Go to
  • Quote: Here's my XV-01 PRO; hope that you guys like it.

You missed a spot... the stabilizer rod ends aren't blue
  • Quote: You missed a spot... the stabilizer rod ends aren't blue
    Lol!!
    Good eyes! I had these already assembled from my previous TA-05' sway bars adaptation. When I remembered how painful it was to precisely cut those tiny ball joints and then assemble them together; Id said nay, better leave it like this!
  • stormridersp - Nice chassis!

Do you have part number for the aluminum hexes and aluminum suspension mounts? I've seen they have a few different ones. Which ones do I need?
  • Quote: stormridersp - Nice chassis!

Do you have part number for the aluminum hexes and aluminum suspension mounts? I've seen they have a few different ones. Which ones do I need?
    Thanks man!
    The parts are:

Blue Hexes: Tamiya (#53570) Clamp Type Alu. Wheel Hub (4mm Thick)

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-53570-c...h=595_744_1561

Suspension mounts:
    -Tamiya XV-01 Aluminum Suspension Mount XJ #54379
    http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-xv01-al...h=595_744_1561

Tamiya XV-01 Separate Suspension Mounts (1XJ) #54376
    http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-54376-x...h=595_744_1561

Tamiya XV-01 Separate Suspension Mounts (1XM) #54377
    http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-54377-x...h=595_744_1561
  • What are the differences in the 3 different mounts?
  • Quote: What are the differences in the 3 different mounts?
    You actually need all three. The long one is used front and back (if I recall), with the small ones being used for the other side of the pin, one set for the front, the other (different) set for the back.
  • Quote: Lol!!
    Good eyes! I had these already assembled from my previous TA-05' sway bars adaptation. When I remembered how painful it was to precisely cut those tiny ball joints and then assemble them together; Id said nay, better leave it like this!
    Which Novak ESC are you running? Havoc Pro SC?
  • Quote: You actually need all three. The long one is used front and back (if I recall), with the small ones being used for the other side of the pin, one set for the front, the other (different) set for the back.
    Correct.. the one piece (1XJ) is used for front and rear outer. The separates, 1XM is for the rear, and 1XJ for the front.

My guess is that the 1XJ / 1XJ combo in front gives 0 toe and 0 arm sweep in front. The 1XJ / 1XM in the rear gives 2.0 - 2.5 toe in? .. never measured it.

Unlike the TC version that uses that TRF/TB/TA mounts, the XV mounts give us limited suspension angle tuning.
  • Quote: Correct.. the one piece (1XJ) is used for front and rear outer. The separates, 1XM is for the rear, and 1XJ for the front.

My guess is that the 1XJ / 1XJ combo in front gives 0 toe and 0 arm sweep in front. The 1XJ / 1XM in the rear gives 2.0 - 2.5 toe in? .. never measured it.

Unlike the TC version that uses that TRF/TB/TA mounts, the XV mounts give us limited suspension angle tuning.
    Yeah Racing make a set too. A bit cheaper than the Tamiya versions. Not sure if they have more combos?? Edit... No they don't. Just the regular set.
  • Quote: Which Novak ESC are you running? Havoc Pro SC?
    Im using the regular GTB2 w/X-Drive.
  • I'm really happy with the Hobbywing Justock in my XV, it's small and super smooth, and sensored to boot!
  • Earlier this year, new RC brand carisma displaced an 1/8 scale Porsche 959 in rothmans Dakar livery.. Fully licensed. Every once in a while I try to check for info on it and usualky nothing new comes.

Today I saw a body set for it, however it says 1/10 scale. It's a possibility since they presently have an Audi Quattro Rally body. So I do hope it's true
  • Only problem is that the Tamiya 959's wheelbase is closer to the SWB Mini..
  • Quote: Only problem is that the Tamiya 959's wheelbase is closer to the SWB Mini..
    This isn't produced by Tamiya.
  • Completely agree with you!