Carpet VTA car?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by .crispy
It is not VTA if you're running 21.5. It is just some made up class.

Post the same question in the VTA specific thread.
Originally Posted by WongTamiya
Well, a VTA style class. VTA with a West Coast spin on it, because nobody over here runs 25.5 motors.
Hey guy, I'm a big fan of USVTA and RobK is a good friend of mine in fact I was on the phone with Rob for more than an hour last night.

I'm still relatively new to California I've been here in this area for a little over a year. In the past tracks/racers in this area have tried to get VTA going but for whatever reason it really took hold here.

Me being a big fan of USVTA, from time to time I'd ask my fellow racers if they'd be interested in racing VTA as a class. Most were interested but after taking a look at the USVTA RULES they all said the motor rule was a deal breaker.

After thinking about how I might be able to get this class going here in SoCal I thought implementing 21.5 motors might be a good idea because most of the racers out here I race with have them (UF1).

Within Two week time I have over 40+ (they have bought BODIES, WHEELS and TIRES) racers committed to racing VTA. They all said the same thing to me basically. Allowing racers to use the motors (21.5) they already own made it easy for them to say yes to VTA.

We have made only Two Rule Changes

1. Roar Approved 21.5/ESC
2. At this time Driver Interiors are Not Mandatory

There's a great organization of racers called RoadRunners who are starting USVTA FULL RULES race program. I think this it's great and I look forward to racing with with the RoadRunners Racing Crew

After thinking of ways to implement a rule set conducive to racing both (motors 21.5 & 25.5) on the track at the same I thought using Pit Stops might be a interesting twist. One of HPI RACING Design Engineers Torrance Deguzman was thinking the same and posted it on our local tread Vintage Trans Am Racing in So. Cal

We will be testing a race program similar to last years UF1 racing program.

Qualifying will be as follows:

1. One 2 minute qualifier. Single Fastest Lap Determines Qualifying Order.
2. Three 10 Mains 21.5 Mandatory Pit Stops
3. Total Laps from all Three Mains Determines The Winner for the day

Last edited by T.MARSHALL; 01-07-2013 at 06:52 PM.